Hating on Healers: LFR

90 Draenei Shaman
I'm here to vent. If you don't want to hear it, move along please.

It seems every LFR I go into, something is said about the healing even when nobody died. I was in LFR on Iron Qon and my healing was a bit low. Keep in mind I was ONLY healing when people needed to be healed, I was lowest in overheals. We wiped because someone chained the ice tombs into the raid, and ofc it couldn't be healed through and the remaining dps couldn't break them out in time. One of the dps says "WTF heals" and a 'top the charts' healer says "Would be nice to have some help healing." so I'm like "First of all, last time I checked, Ice tombs are a dps problem. Secondly, I'm not going to waste mana healing when there's no damage going out just to top the charts." some other people agree'd that mana tombs were the problem and that was that. We killed the boss the second time and I'm still lowest overheals/lowest heals. We get to the next boss and a healer says "I can do the pictures if we don't need the heals" and the first healer says "Go ahead, we only have 5 healers anyways." obviously talking about my low healing. Whatever.

I hate the mentality of "If you don't top the charts, you are bad." or "If you don't top the charts, you aren't doing your job right." Healing isn't dps, healing is nothing like dps. Just because two or three healers in a raid finder spam heals to get top numbers doesn't mean the rest of us are lacking, it just means the rest of us are doing our job and conserving mana for unforseen circumstances, should one pop up I would like to have a decent amount of mana to work with. It seems like nobody looks at overhealing, or how much gear the healers have. Some healers outgear the content and can afford to have fun topping the charts and still have mana left at the end, and that's fine and dandy for them, but don't pick on the healers who are just starting out and only heal when it's needed in an effort to conserve mana. I might not be "just starting out" but I heal a certain way, I heal like I would in a normal raid because that's what I've done for 5 and a half years. [my armory on this toon doesn't do justice, but Elysin on Velen was my primary raiding toon in cata, and Elyxia on Galakrond was primary in wrath.] I am a competent raider and know what I'm doing, just because I don't top the charts with overheals doesn't mean you can berate me for "not doing my job correctly"

Any dps/tank LFR heroes who happen to be reading this, please realize that healing is not dps, there is no chart in the world that accurately shows a healers skills. Maybe world of logs but I don't use that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do yourself a favor and don't read chat in RF.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Really.

Just this.
Reply Quote
LOL NERD ;)

Sincerely, A POPULAR GIRL ;))))))
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
This ties into a post I made earlier in the week...

I just heal when it is needed. I don't spam PoH on Lei Shei's 'hiding' phase just to squeeze in some extra HpS. But that's what I see A LOT of Disc Priests do because they can't spam smite anymore.

Take a deeper look at their numbers. If its a Disc Priest who is #1, take a look and see if Atonement is their top ranked heal. If it is, I assure you... they aren't stressing themselves out to heal.

As a holy Priest, we are reactionary, we need the damage to happen before we can heal it. We need to target the person in need, and then cast the spell. It takes a microsecond longer to process all of that. A disc priest doesn't even need to glance at their bars in LFR... and can top meters. :[

It's not you. It's LFR. Don't take anything seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This. You have to realize LFR is full of elitist pricks who think that just cause someone doesn't play how they play they are "baddies" and they aren't playing the class right.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
That's why I like being a Disc Priest in LFR, I just spam Smite and still top the healing charts with no effort.

Healing charts don't matter, especially in LFR. I mean, if one healer is pulling like 1/3 the healing of the other healers and it's causing wipes, that's a problem, but if no one's wiping, then it doesn't matter what the meters look like.

The healing meter mentality is particularly bad on Lei Shen. It doesn't matter what the heals look like, it's all about mechanics. During the phase transition, if people do what they're supposed to (stack on Overcharged and Static Shock, spread for Diffusion Chain, stand in Bouncing Bolt), there's almost zero healing to do. My group today did it perfectly and I just stood there and regained mana after topping people off. The other groups weren't quite as good, and they needed a lot more healing. People try to put the burden on healers to compensate their lack of ability to follow fight mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

This, and more to the point: Don't type in LFR chat. 9 times out of 10, it is always people that say something in raid chat that seem to make these threads or get kicked "unfairly". The only time silent people get kicked, or have issues, is when they are afk or are clearly below bar (like 25k dps with 3 stacks or less healing than the prot warrior).

Just... don't get drawn in. It is not worth it and LFR folks tend to vote out the vocal people. Dont even start with strategy comments. Just stay silent. Every LFR with have some idiot that "knows everything", that will pipe off the strats anyways. Just do your thing, and get out.
Edited by Vear on 5/5/2013 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
AS a chart topper...

If I am doing most of the healing, which I usually am..it gets annoying. Basically I kick the healers who can't pull over 45k HPS - I am not asking for a lot here!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Often if someone is low people think they're AFK'ing, getting in an internet argument won't help.

That, and DPS queuing as heals, is the only thing people look at numbers for in LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
AS a chart topper...

Your a druid and your also naturally a raid healer. I can't count how many times I have seen chart toppers epeen over their 90% overheal no 1 spot when the whole raid outside the tanks never dropped below 80% hp the entire fright.

Don't worry I am happy to tell you your an idiot in lfr too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
there are ice tombs on iron qon?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
AS a chart topper...

If I am doing most of the healing, which I usually am..it gets annoying. Basically I kick the healers who can't pull over 45k HPS - I am not asking for a lot here!

I make people like you leave LFR's. Know why? Because while you're busy bragging about topping the charts, I'm busy dispelling/interrupting etc and coming up second or third in heals with low overheals.

And when you start bragging about being "top of the LFR charts" I link each and every thing you didn't do. Then I link overheals.

I made a druid cry once.
Edited by Jujubiju on 5/5/2013 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Anyway, in LFR, just make sure the HPS does not have so big diff with other healers to avoid kicked.

When there is AOE damage, just spam ur AOE healing spells. When no healing is needed, put shield / HoT on tanks. When someone need heal, heal it ASAP, don wait other healer to do so that in real normal / heroic raid, can heal the injured ppl ASAP to avoid wipe.

LFR not just for gearing, but can use to train our healing skill. Do the best in LFR just like in normal / heroic raid, do it as FAST as possible.

It is better to carry other healers than be carried.
It is better to act FAST than SLOW.
Edited by Xiongxiong on 5/5/2013 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
As for Jujubiju please get help you actually go out of your way to harm other players in game and you are proud of it not cool man. Healing is a team effort your attitude is pretty poor.

I am perfectly aware that it is a team effort- I've stated this numerous times around these forums.

People like the guy I quoted are the ones with a poor attitude. Please read the quote before you make misinformed judgements on me.
Edited by Jujubiju on 5/6/2013 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
I hear you op but that happens in real raiding to. As a resto shaman that does often top the meters in lfr - I do not in real raiding. And I get PISSED off how much people look at hps!! I am trying to heal effectively. You are not looking at when I am pumping out my big fat !@# heals - you are looking at an overall figure. That fact that I keep riptide rolling or my healing stream totem down that does pitiful heals in the scheme of things thru out the raid - it brings down the overall hps. I got so frustrated with comments on hps that I started to overheal on purpose so I didn't have to listen the "criticism of my healing done". Read logs and make sure for the love of god that heals are happening when required not some dumb $%^ overall hps.
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
AS a chart topper...

I make people like you leave LFR's. Know why? Because while you're busy bragging about topping the charts, I'm busy dispelling/interrupting etc and coming up second or third in heals with low overheals.

And when you start bragging about being "top of the LFR charts" I link each and every thing you didn't do. Then I link overheals.

I made a druid cry once.

Ummm don't druid naturally overheal a lot - they have HOTS that are often snipped. A bit unfair there.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Ummm don't druid naturally overheal a lot - they have HOTS that are often snipped. A bit unfair there.

Back in Cata they did- a lot. Noticed it's not as bad now for druids as it was then.

With that dude, he was asking for it- he was standing in as much bad as he could just so he could top the chart. When you hover over recount/skada it shows top 3 healed: he was #1 on that list. The way I look at it: he was intentionally taking damage to bump up his numbers and bragging about it. He ended up dropping the group after I linked overheals (he must have not known that druids were normally top overheals back then).

When I look at healing: I will literally look at everything: damage incoming, dispels, interrupts (I have a tendency to do these), then finally healing done. When it comes up to debate on who is getting kicked (and why), I'll also check to see what heals were used- if it's something like HR spam and a couple of HW's (and that's it), sure, I'll agree to kick the person.
Edited by Jujubiju on 5/6/2013 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
AS a chart topper...

You're also incredibly overgeared for anything LFR has to offer. I know it's frustrating, but remember that those of us who are running normal modes have a steep advantage compared to LFR erm, raiders.

I find I'm usually at the top by a large margin, but if I suspect someone isn't pulling their weight, I put them on focus and watch them. This tells a lot more than meters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]