Vuh'do Question

90 Troll Druid
Hi,

I recently switched away from Vuh'do frames to the blizz frames. Looking back, I did it for a few reasons but mainly because I couldn't figure out how to configure debuffs on the main frames.

ie: Durumu beam debuff color frames

Anyone able to offer some advice on how to configure the debuffs properly and limit them, (ie: blacklisting?)

There are just so many debuffs I don't care to block the frames like those ones, but I want the ones that I do care about like the cut to show still.

On another note, I am looking at Primordius for this question, but with Vuh'do if anyone has anything dispelable the frame turns purple. Is it possible to filter which debuffs affect the frame?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Reply Quote
I don't think any of what you listed is possible with the default blizzard frames.

My advice would be to go back to VuhDo and look up some tutorials on how to configure it or download Grid and learn how to configure that.

Edit: unless you were asking how to do those things with VuhDo? I'm not certain which way to interpret your post.
Edited by Geefers on 5/6/2013 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/06/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Ceiba
I recently switched away from Vuh'do frames to the blizz frames. Looking back, I did it for a few reasons but mainly because I couldn't figure out how to configure debuffs on the main frames.

If you re-read that you can see I said I switched away from Vuh'do, because I couldn't figure out how to configure the frames in the ways I mentioned
Reply Quote
05/06/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Ceiba

If you re-read that you can see I said I switched away from Vuh'do, because I couldn't figure out how to configure the frames in the ways I mentioned

If we're going to be !@#$ing snarky about it

I don't think any of what you listed is possible with the default blizzard frames.

My advice would be to go back to VuhDo and look up some tutorials on how to configure it or download Grid and learn how to configure that.

If you re-read that you can see that I'm telling you you can't do anything you listed with the blizzard frames and that you should learn to configure VuhDo anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is it possible to filter which debuffs affect the frame?

I imagine there is, though it doesn't bother me enough to bother trying. Way i would work around it as opposed to changing the 3 buffs is get the name of the bad buff, enter it in custom debuffs, and have it change to the color of your liking.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

As cute as that is, I wasn't being snarky, I was looking for a response and your response was terribly put without even reading what I posted. Good day
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/06/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Taelaus
Is it possible to filter which debuffs affect the frame?

I imagine there is, though it doesn't bother me enough to bother trying. Way i would work around it as opposed to changing the 3 buffs is get the name of the bad buff, enter it in custom debuffs, and have it change to the color of your liking.

I will look into that, thank you!
Reply Quote
68 Human Paladin
Tons of Vuhdo tutorials out there....

http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.com/2011/08/vuhdo-setup-walkthrough.html#Debuffs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Take the time--a week even--to fully learn Vuhdo. You'll be very, very glad you did.
Reply Quote
05/06/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Ceiba

As cute as that is, I wasn't being snarky, I was looking for a response and your response was terribly put without even reading what I posted. Good day

No, I read what you posted. Please don't try to tell me I didn't.

My response may not have been what you're looking for, but that's because the response you're looking for doesn't exist.

I'll say this again.

You can't do the things you want with the default UI. Did you even read MY post?

Download VuhDo again and for the love of god, learn how to use it. It's a bit daunting at first, but it's not difficult.

Forgive me if I answered your question in the wrong way, but I gave you the best answer.

GOOD DAY.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
hmmm. you both have large hairy chests - put them away now.

Geefers, while the OP wasn't inherently clear, it was still decipherable. Even the thread title indicates this is a vuhdo question. This is definitely a "Learn to Read" situation.

Not everyone in this world has the ability to write clearly and effectively, even though they think they may.

OP, you need to proofread your posts for clarity and not respond with "well if you used your eyes and read my post properly" (like it or not, that's what it was) retorts to somone who was clearly confused by what you wrote.

communication goes two ways - if someone doesn't understand what you're saying there is just as much a likelihood that the problem is on your end as it is theirs.

However it was quite comical to watch. This type of interaction is what is wrong with the community.

re the OP - Yes Vuhdo can do what you need it to. If you want to remove the debuffs, you go to the buffs/debuffs tab > custom debuffs, then find the debuff in the drop down and click the buttons you wish apply (eg show/hide icon) etc.

The primordius and the durumu debuffs have specific names, these can be located in the dungeon journal relatively quickly and help you identify the debuffs in the vuhdo list.

it took a few pulls during prog to sort out which buffs and debuffs i wanted to shut out/keep.

however, stick with vuh'do - it is by far the most customizable healing frame availabe. if you have issues with it, use the manual linked above by Faceroll or google the problem, as chances are people have had the same problem.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Vuhdo's best feature is the support imho. If you got questions, can always ask here:
http://www.plusheal.com/forum/viewforum/472512/m/1833799
or even leave a comment on curse:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/vuhdo

For debuffs, someone did link the guide I wrote so just read the sections on Options-Debuffs-Custom but in short:
1) Options-Debuffs-Standard, uncheck Icon (now shows by icon only debuffs under custom tab)
2) Options-Debuffs-Custom, enter debuffs you want into the box below the dropdown menu. Check Bar Color and click on color swatch to select what color you want for each debuff. Delete the debuffs you don't want to see from the dropdown list. There will be very few there for new bosses so you won't have to do this almost at all.
Edited by Sedivy on 5/7/2013 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I was going to say, go to here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011693/
and within the hour ^ will answer your question.

+1 for the Vuhdo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]