Help me, Ravenholdt. You're my only hope...

13 Troll Druid
My conundrum, fellows, is that I want to play on an RP-PVP realm where the RP is good. I am on the East Coast, so Ravenholdt seems ideal.

HOWEVER! I have played Alliance so many times that I am bored with the quests. I wish to make a Horde toon. Ravenholdt seems incredibly skewed toward Horde in its population, and I don't want to make things worse by helping to further overbalance the server.

What should I do? Should I roll here, or should I roll elsewhere?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You can play Horde here, as long as you don't mind having very few wPvP targets.
Reply Quote
Hello there!

While we always welcome new transfers to the Alliance, it is heartening to see that you've learned about our server, you want to roleplay, and you still want to help the community even though you really want to level a Horde character. You would add to the imbalance by rolling Horde but Ravenholdt isn't about to judge you (too much! j/k) for that. We welcome all roleplayers who want to be a part of our community!

So, please, come to Ravenholdt and bring some RP with you! Join the Sanctum (ravenholdt.us) and get to know us!

If you need advice on guilds, I know that Candela wrote up a lovely post a while back pertaining to Horde RP guilds. I can go and find it for you if you'd like.

Welcome =)
Reply Quote
13 Troll Druid
Thank you for the swift replies. I'll go research that post right now.
Reply Quote
Here's the list!
Here's a list of some active Horde-side RP guilds that I've compiled:

<Ashes of Eversong> is an RP guild centered on blood elf culture and politics with an emphasis on sin'dorei/Horde relations. We're a new guild hoping to enrich the community by supporting public events and fostering inter-guild RP. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924373746

<Bloodfury Clan> is an all orc, heavy RP guild with a military theme. The guild is "Thrallite," so expect srength, honor, and service to the Horde! They have been a part of Ravenholdt for a long, long time and are strong supports of the community, so any orc RPers are strongly encouraged to check them out! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004014911

<Brokentusk Clan> A relatively new heavy troll RP-PvP. As far as I'm aware this is the only guild catering to this theme, so check it out if you're a troll looking for a new place to call home, mon! I'm sure you won't regret it! There isn't a recruitment thread up on the WoW forums yet, but /who in-game should produce some results.

<Coldstar Merchant Co.> RP/PvP/PvE. As the name states, the theme is mercantile and focuses on the acquisition and trade of treasure, artifacts, and weapons. They currently host a public tavern-style event called the "Coldstar Cantina" on a weekly basis that has been running for quite some time now. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1519283264

<The Jeweled Blood> RP/PvE/PvP. Primarily a blood elf guild that draws inspiration from Elizabethan society and Anne Bishop's The Black Jewels. They don't have a recruitment thread and I'm not sure about who to contact either but /who them in game, I'm sure a member would be glad to answer any questions!

<Hellscreams Eyes> RP-PvP, centered around fanatical support for Garrosh Hellscream. Feeling naughty? You might want to check them out! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199404197

<Nightgloom Hollow> A mix of all races, with an emphasis on blood elves and Forsaken unless I am mistaken? I can't seem to find a recruitment post to accurately relay their theme...but the guild is active and I know several members. They are very friendly! /who them to contact a member for more information.

<Order of the Forsaken> As the name implies, they are a heavy RP guild open to all Forsaken and death knights. I can't seem to find a recruitment post for them, either, but I do know they are active and recruiting. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of their members and they are very dedicated and friendly! Contact Garthoneeye in-game for more information.

<Prophets of War> is a "social & leveling family-oriented" guild, that participates in PvP/PvE and RP. I'm not really sure of their theme as it's not provided in their recruitment post, but I'm sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006246363

<Silver and Silence> RP/PvP/PvE, with a focus on promoting world PvP. They have a focus on sneaky rogue-ish dealings, from what I've been told. The members are very friendly and would be more than happy to answer any questions! Additionaly, Silver and Silence has been hosting a weekly tavern event in Ratchet at the Broken Keel! Cheers for public RP events! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7885048552

<Shadowclan> RP Heavy, PvP Medium, PvE Medium. Orcs, goblins, and trolls only. Couldn't find a recruitment thread but contact Ruptup for more information. www.shadowclan.org.

<Unyielding Force of Lore> RP/PvP/PvE, with a general pro-Horde theme that stands in direct opposition to any that would seek to divide it. Advertise a social environment and seem like a really laid back group! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811652385#4
Reply Quote
13 Troll Druid
Thanks very much! I was having a hard time tracking this information down.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
So far I been on here a few hours with my baby Lock and no guild over level 2 has offered me a home yet :( I guess I'll have to suck it up and fill out an application (always hate those things) I wish I have a home but so far I have really been in the cold all alone :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Seek and ye shall find. Don't expect things to just fall in your lap, and you'll go far.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So far I been on here a few hours with my baby Lock and no guild over level 2 has offered me a home yet :( I guess I'll have to suck it up and fill out an application (always hate those things) I wish I have a home but so far I have really been in the cold all alone :(

That seems to depend on when you play. I think I watied a few days, then suddenly all my Alliance alts had guilds. There does seem to be less level 25 guild auto-inviting, but it still happens.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You can play Horde here, as long as you don't mind having very few wPvP targets.

Lies.

There's plenty of WPVP targets as long as you know where/how to bring them out.

~Drax's family recipe for quick and easy WPVP Horde side~

1. Look up and memorize all or some of the active Alliance PVP guilds
2. Find a member
3. Kill him
4. Repeat step three until his friends come
5. Enjoy!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Seek and ye shall find. Don't expect things to just fall in your lap, and you'll go far.

Well duh I didn't think I"d get an invite in 5 seconds, the guilds that do that I don't wanna be a part of. There are a select few that I am trying to join. Do not assume you know what I be doing and you will go far :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
05/03/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Ðagnabit

Well duh I didn't think I"d get an invite in 5 seconds, the guilds that do that I don't wanna be a part of. There are a select few that I am trying to join. Do not assume you know what I be doing and you will go far :)

With <The Indelibles> since we are a social guild, the invite process takes a good bit longer because we don't want to be an 'impulse join'. We ask folks to join our OOC channel, which is actually where 99% of our guild communication takes place. (/guildchat is actually IC) So what folks see there is what can be expected from the guild. We open our events and activities to friends in the channel first, including prospective members -- so if you see someone say "Hey, anyone want to do a heroic/BG/etc?" that would mean YOU if you're in the channel. Hang out, chat with us, go along on a few of our joyrides -- submit to the webcam interview... and eventually an invite will go out. ;)

Cayreth: "So what do you all think of New Guy?"
Piddleton: "He likes my transmog. Obviously has good taste."
Hegel: "Oolaki complimented me on my [Rooster Mount] twice now, and he didn't even flinch."
Oolaki: "AND I claimed to have hair on my back IRL."
Nathaenei: "We wiped like eight times on the snail trash in LOLFR."
Oolaki: "That's because I wasn't ready."
Nathaenai: "But we did a ready check!"
Oolaki: "And then I remembered I was in Ele spec...."
Hegel: "Anyway, he's still here, so I say more power to him."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/03/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Ðagnabit

Heh, with persistence and patience, you'll find a place, is all I mean.
Reply Quote
Indeed! I understand that filling out applications can be a little boring, but it's one of the ways that guilds are able to regulate members and make sure that prospective members know what to expect. The process of the Indelibles is also not uncommon.

Part of the issue with wanting to join bigger, higher level guilds is that they are the ones that aren't necessarily hurting for members so they can afford some more stringent recruitment methods. While the guild perks are nice, I wouldn't disregard some of the smaller guilds just because they're not a higher level. They have some truly fantastic people in them and, with more members, they'll level quickly!

If you're still having issues finding a guild, Lotric, let's get together and collaborate sometime to see if we can find a guild that suits you!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
rawr im orange now!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
~Drax's family recipe for quick and easy WPVP Horde side~

1. Look up and memorize all or some of the active Alliance PVP guilds
2. Find a member
3. Kill him
4. Repeat step three until his friends come
5. Enjoy!

Bah! You call that quick and easy? Let's compare that to the Alliance side wPvP, shall we?

1. Go to Stormwind.
2. Wait five minutes.
3. Kill Horde.

Cayreth: "So what do you all think of New Guy?"
Piddleton: "He likes my transmog. Obviously has good taste."
Hegel: "Oolaki complimented me on my [Rooster Mount] twice now, and he didn't even flinch."
Oolaki: "AND I claimed to have hair on my back IRL."
Nathaenei: "We wiped like eight times on the snail trash in LOLFR."
Oolaki: "That's because I wasn't ready."
Nathaenai: "But we did a ready check!"
Oolaki: "And then I remembered I was in Ele spec...."
Hegel: "Anyway, he's still here, so I say more power to him."

This is both fictional and remarkably accurate. o.O

Oolaki is right about the channel. Our unofficial official recruitment policy is that you have to be the guild's friend before becoming its member. I'd say that grouping and interacting with other Indelis is probably more important than filling out our app (we have an app?). After a few weeks, it will be pretty obvious whether we're a good match for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm pretty sure the line credited to Hegel isn't fictional at all...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
05/03/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Ryöka

Heh, with persistence and patience, you'll find a place, is all I mean.

Oh I didn't mean anything by it I'm sorry if I came across as a grumpy ol Dwarf. I'll be in your channel anytime i'm there :) i already joined (*the channel) but the joyrides you mention you may have to pick me up i'm a tiny level 6 still and will be a while I have to work today. I'll be there though!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I did skimi over all of the replys, good info there so I just wanted to say 'Welcome!'.

And PvP is great, Alli smaller in number but know how to handle themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

HA...my evil !@# wife fell into my lap...or is this my purgatory? Damn, now you have taken the shine off the ol ball and chain...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]