Yet another School of Hard Knocks forum.

100 Worgen Death Knight
I truly believe that this achievement for Children's Week while it may have originally been intended to foster a growth in PVP it seems to have had the opposite effect. Rather than getting more people interested in PVP'ing instead it has created a level of disgust for many players.

Even myself which I am a person who does enjoy the occasional PVP sets find this achievement to be a bit over the top. This achievement makes it feel like we are forced to pvp just to be able to enjoy the fact of having completed something such as the meta meta achievement.

I understand as well with it being a meta it is not supposed to be easy yet the issue with this part of the achievement is that you have very poor odds on being able to accomplish this aside from the fact of having up to 79 people against you trying to get it themselves (everyone from both sides) or just griefing you to frustrate you. This does not promote a desire to pvp in fact it produces the opposite effect.

Not even the Christmas time pvp is this extremely difficult to obtain. This achievement does not rest on a persons ability to do something, but the extreme luck involved with being the first to get something. As well when you introduce the lag that can happen in even the best situation with this being something you can only work on for 1 week each year it seems unnecessary extra difficulty is added for no other reason than it seems Blizzard prefers their customers very frustrated and constantly tempted to drop their sub from aforementioned frustration. I certainly doubt that this is the case however the impression is there all the same.
Edited by Charride on 5/3/2013 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
get mad
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I'm pretty bored of reading these threads every year. Play better, get smarter, stop whining.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Way to qq both of you thanks for the feedback...not!!! Also if your tired of reading these types of posts why look for them and post on them? As well if you think there is nothing wrong with these why not state information that supports your position rather than just vague blather?
Edited by Charride on 5/3/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
While i can agree im over all the QQ threads i can understand why its so hated, many such achievements demand you engage in behavior that isn't consistent with normal game play. Not only do people hate going in there and competing against their own faction but the PvPers often hate the BG's being filled with people that don't belong there for the week of the event their BG's are often disrupted.

We would all be better off if the achievements were something that promoted working together as a team to win the BG and granted group credit. And before you check i got mine years ago so its just my opinion about how it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Way to qq both of you thanks for the feedback...not!!! Also if your tired of reading these types of posts why look for them and post on them? As well if you think there is nothing wrong with these why not state information that supports your position rather than just vague blather?

Because we've done so in the hundreds of other threads you could have posted in about the topic.

It's not changing because year after year thousands of players get the achievement by actually putting their big boy pants on and doing it.
At least they haven't done anything like this since to appease the complaints.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
News flash I am working on it "big boy pants on" just saying it is fundamentally inaccurate for what a meta seems as if it should be. as Lethalock said there should be something in it that actually fosters cooperation the way it is now its everyone out for themselves and who cares about the people trying to do their best to help out and still achive the goal of winning the battle. As well no company will ever do anything to change the way something is unless enough people raise a concern about it as well, hence my post.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Oh and yes please feel free to check I got this one now too, just saying the requirements are a bit borked!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Get a friend to play on the opposite faction, my brother and I used the 65-69 bracket, join the same BG's. Ruin BG's for everyone for personal gain. It's a great achievement...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Judging by the huge incoming nerfs to PVP gear, I think this achievement is extra hard for PVE folks right now. Blizzard seems to be aware that people in PVE gear are helpless in PVP right now.

I posted this in another thread, but I will mention it here. Trying to get this on my lvl 90 hunter was useless, even with full 450 pvp gear. But, thanks to account-wide achievements, I was able to finish the Meta by using a level 45 monk. You still have to get all 4 of the bullet points on one toon. But it was way easier at lower levels. Much less CC, Much more manageable environment.
It took me about 6 hours to get all 4.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What theee fuuudge? 6 hours? To do that achievement??
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
The biggest issue is Warsong Gulch. If you have a strategy and a bit of luck, you can get through the other three. In this scenario I have been trying all week and am now playing on teams with 5-8 orphans all undergeared. As a healer, I haven't even been able to make out of the graveyard in the last few bg as the opposing faction is camping. There is isn't a strategy in the world that let me be successful under these conditions., Thanks Blizzard for making us work a year and then setting up a scenario in a very time crunched atmosphere with minimal chance of success.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I'm pretty bored of reading these threads every year. Play better, get smarter, stop whining.
"I see these posts every year. There are a lot of them. They annoy me. They are very common. It is always the same achievement usually even the same step of the achievement.

Clearly there is a problem with them."
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Just wanna stress that.
If YEAR AFTER YEAR people complain about the same thing, maybe...JUST MAYBE...there's an actual issue.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Just wanna stress that.
If YEAR AFTER YEAR people complain about the same thing, maybe...JUST MAYBE...there's an actual issue.

People still complain about Glory of the Dungeon Hero and you don't see them changing that, either.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This achievement does not rest on a persons ability to do something, but the extreme luck involved with being the first to get something

Extreme luck........ is having Ashes drop when TK was still relevant content.

No so hard but a little bit of planning..... is capping/returning a flag during children's week.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
05/05/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Jyodi
"I see these posts every year. There are a lot of them. They annoy me. They are very common. It is always the same achievement usually even the same step of the achievement.

Clearly there is a problem with them."

No there isn't. Thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of players get these achievements done every year. If not, they go on and try again next year.

Those who come here to bitterly complain are few and far between. Blizzard has not seen any reason to make changes for the PvP achievements. They only fixed the severe double RNG type things and the very bork-broked things.

School of Hard Knocks was easier to do in the early years when everyone was cooperating in a BG. Maybe next year you'll organize a group to queue together to guarantee completion.

ps. OP, this is a thread. The forum is what houses all these threads.
Edited by Vixie on 5/6/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]