RaidCall for anyone who wishes to use it. A/H

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
Hey there Bleeding Hollow. I've been a part of some groups of late which have fallen apart due to members not wanting to share their Skype info. So here is a link to a service known as RaidCall. Works like Vent and Teamspeak, very easy to use.

http://www2.raidcall.com/v7/download-raidcall.html

I already have a server with more than enough channels for you all to use. Server ID is 6046852. If by chance this does become well used I would have to insist on a no trolling policy. It's just a game so lets treat it as such.

K, thanks, bye
Your Lord King of the Nerds Ebiah
Edited by Ebiah on 5/6/2013 11:43 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
Or Ebiah.. you can use our guilds Teamspeak3 server that can handle 500 people. no need for raidcall. and its hosted on a fios connection with extremely. Low latency..
and raid call is hosted in CHINA. hence why you will not see me endorsing it at all.
considering most of the wow hacked accounts originate in china.

A friendly tip from your Guild leader.
90 Human Warrior
Never had lag in raidcall

Friendly tip from a normal person
90 Pandaren Monk
Never had lag in raidcall

Friendly tip from a normal person

I'm pretty skeptical about raidcall myself. I know there must be a catch, as no one just gives away free bandwidth and servers for people to use without anything in return...

However many large youtubers have been endorsing it. /shrug
90 Human Warrior
Skype is free almost completely and it has pay to use features. Raidcall is either getting something currently or will release a pay based feature.
90 Worgen Warlock
well method is a pay to play Raid guild who endorsed it.. which started the ball rolling for folks to endorsing it. We have a teamspeak3 server that has a 500 person license that is based in the us.. and hosted on a fios connection maintained by one of my officers. It costs us nothing.
And is lag free and allows for voice activation usage. Its why I have no problem with any of my guild members using it for pug events. Why use vent that sounds like crap is old and barely updated? Skype all you hear is mouthbreathers all day.

Ever single person who has logged on our teamspeak3 server after experiencing it.. they all agree it is superior.
Edited by Pissedjedi on 5/5/2013 7:01 AM PDT
100 Troll Druid
People could also easily make a skype account for their characters, so that they are not giving their private information away and able to stay in pugs since that is basically the go-to way of communication.
90 Human Death Knight
Been using RaidCall on and off for the past two years and have yet to have a bad experience with it. I know some guilds allow the use of their Vent/ Mumble/ TS3 but not everyone is so lucky. This is just a simple alternative for the BH community to use while pugging their groups whether it be some awesome dragon slaying or gladiatorial combat.

As I too will be looking to find some like minded individuals from trade chat to form up an RBG team so I will soon be active in this RaidCall channel and I hopefully I get a chance to talk to all the awesome people of this fine server. So tell your guildies, put this channel in your guild notes and I hope to see you there pugging your butts off.
90 Pandaren Monk
Skype is free almost completely and it has pay to use features. Raidcall is either getting something currently or will release a pay based feature.

The only reason that skype is free is that it's P2P, Raidcall isn't. So i'm sure there's a catch.
90 Human Death Knight
Going to bump this because I think it would be a good thing for this fine server.
90 Draenei Shaman
Hi Ebiah whatcha doing here?
90 Human Death Knight
I usually maintain a secondary main here. Just recently I've decided to focus more on this toon. So how you doing Kat?
90 Draenei Shaman
I am ok...somebody from BH put up a recruiting post on KJ so thought I would have a peek around :)
90 Human Death Knight
Cool, well I'm glad you stopped by. Maybe I can interest you in rolling an alt here. Central based server if I remember correctly with east coast time. The weather is warm and the beer is cold.
100 Undead Priest
Or Ebiah.. you can use our guilds Teamspeak3

Looks like you lost another one.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I just have 2 skype accounts. One for wow and one personal.
I hate skype anyway.
90 Human Priest
People have recently been hit with DDOS attacks from Skype accounts. That is why Skype is seeing its end in rated bgs. Raidcall is now along with Razercomms (which is in beta). TS3 has awesome sound as well as Mumble. Vent is the old stand by but people are getting a bit tired of the expense as well as the fact that many people who started Vent servers years ago are no longer playing WoW. Either way, anything new would be nice.
100 Undead Priest
Skype has always felt too personal for my taste. I only use it to talk to my daughter when I'm on travel - don't like it for random people on the internet.

Vent does suck but everyone that WoWs seems to know it, so it's a go-to.

Mumble is a bit better than Vent but seems to be less popular for some reason.

Teamspeak3 is way better than them all IMO but the biggest hassle when pugging.
Edited by Bigart on 5/6/2013 5:28 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Mumble is a bit better than Vent but seems to be less popular for some reason.

Mumble Master Race
100 Troll Druid
Raidcall actually works well and its very light.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]