PvP: Dire Beast vs. Fervor

91 Dwarf Hunter
I know that Dire Beast is the better choice from a DPS perspective. But I don't use DB because I have to pop it and wait for the focus to regen, so rather than make it reactive, it has to be proactive and just be sure it's always up. I use fervor because I can blow everything, click a button and have 50 focus immediately. However, my question is this: do I need to just focus on getting better at keeping DB up? Is the DPS that noticeable? My thinking was that if a warrior/priest simply AoE fears, now I've blown a CD (albeit short) and my focus isn't coming back. This isn't that unheard of either, it's one of the most successful ways to deal with stampede. Anyway, love to have some help, thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Use thrill of the hunt or fervor, dire beast is not so great for pvp unless your are facing a target dummy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I like thrill of the hunt but have been meaning to try out Fervor for MM. It would be nice to have that focus back after casting Aim/Chimera on the opener.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Hunter
Exactly. It was also nice when using MoC to be able to click two buttons to have the focus for it immediately. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
dire beast is better for BM, fervor for MM or SV, thats for pvp, even pve fervor is better than dire beast, unless you're bm of course.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
dire beast is better for BM, fervor for MM or SV, thats for pvp, even pve fervor is better than dire beast, unless you're bm of course.

wat

direbeast is terrible for pvp for any spec

@op thrill of the hunt for BM, fervor for MM if you prefer focus on demand and toth if you prefer procs
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
TotH for pvp, with the exception of SV in Battleground play, where you take fervor instead. Dire Beast is a PvE talent, unless you like wasting a global on something that won't do damage or regen focus half the time. Unlike raid bosses, players know how to root/fear/kite/abuse terrain and otherwise get the hell out of the way.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ive been using Fervor for any spec now. The other two are fun, especially if you are a bm hunter and want to use a lot of zoo, but Fervor can be used with focus fire stacks and if youll notice in fights with other hunters youll have more focus to use when hes OOF and scrambling to get focus to do moves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]