JewelCrafting Shuffle

90 Human Mage
Is the Jewelcrafting Shuffle still one of the best ways of making gold in MOP? If so what are some of the nuances that I should be aware of? It seems that a lot of the profit margins have been reduced due to things like Golden Lotuses being required for Transmutes and less jewelry (rings and necklaces) recipes.

Thanks,
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
From my experience on my server this is what i've seen

I only cut blue quality gems and sell those. Hybrid gem cuts sell for the most and quickest. Yellow crit/haste gems still sell fairly well. Red gems sell sometimes but there's an over supply of them so the price is low and you'll be undercut faster than they sell. Blue gems aren't worth cutting unless it's the pvp power ones but the price is low on my server. I have an alchemist and if I choose to transmute green quality gems to blue I only transmute and cut the hybrid gems. The red, blue and yellow don't make enough profit for the use of the lotus.

Check the undermine journal for the prices vs supply to see how your server is doing on gems and enchants. And choose which to do, I usually diversify my cuts so i don't over flood the market with anyone type.

All the enchanters on my guild were gone this weekend so I couldn't do the shuffle completely. I used the extra spirits of harmony to make primals, i got lucky and got an even amount from each color and made some primals from the green quality gems. I'm not sure how this compares right now in my server to making level 85 jewelry, selling the blues and then de'ing the green quality ones then selling enchants.

I spent about 1700g yesterday on ghost iron ore and made about 7k by this morning, I still have stuff up for sell so they'll probably go by tonight when people are scrambling to finish off their weekly lfr. I haven't done the shuffle in a while as I've been focusing on gearing my shaman but it seems to be doing ok still, people are still getting new gear, it'll slow down a lot once people have cleared ToT enough times. This happened at the end of 5.1 where gems weren't really selling as people stop getting new gear. Every server is different but this is what happened in mine. Good luck.
Edited by Bananimal on 5/6/2013 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Thanks.

In Cata I was a small time player but still made over 500K by the end of the expansion (I used to mine my own ore, for example, which limited the amount I could prospect but my margins were based on time and not the price of ore).

Back in Cata the reason Enchanting was so useful was for the disenchant feature being able to turn uncommon gems into jewelry and selling the mats (I found mats moved faster than enchants for very little profit lost). It also seems that transmutes aren't as viable due to using Golden Lotuses which, right now, are selling for 56G each.

So far I've made a few K using the shuffle in MOP but it doesn't seem quite as profitable as in Cata. Profitable? Yes. Just not as good as it used to be and since I haven't played in over a year wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any important changes in the process due to the changes that MOP brought about.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bad
Pst, want a little secret? It still is, and is better to shuffle Cataclysm or Northrend mats than it is for MoP mats on most servers. Please note this is server dependent.

And the best thing, generally LESS competitive.
Edited by Ashièf on 5/6/2013 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Thanks.

So far I've made a few K using the shuffle in MOP but it doesn't seem quite as profitable as in Cata. Profitable? Yes. Just not as good as it used to be and since I haven't played in over a year wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any important changes in the process due to the changes that MOP brought about.

I'm looking at the undermine journal in your server for alliance and the gem prices are very low. It's a buyers market and prices seem to be at a low right now. Some people are posting well below cross-server mean value, you might want to wait it out or buy all the cheap ones. The value of prospected ghost iron ore compared to just selling the ore is only around 66% profit (but only if you manage to sell the gems, and it doesn't take into account enchanting matts and blue jewelry procs so take it as a server mean for the gems you can get and their potential value). All of this could change tomorrow on the server reset and people get new gear, just keep checking the undermine journal.

There are some people that post relatively low just get rid of their supplies and pretty much messes up the rest of the prices when people undercut them.
Edited by Bananimal on 5/6/2013 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]