[Suggestion] Survival spec

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't seem to recall survival ever getting any love. That being said, I have to say it's more or less okay the way that it is.

My only real complaint is that explosive trap shares a CD with black arrow, even while glyphed, which is pretty all-around stupid. What do you think?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/08/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Arielen
My only real complaint is that explosive trap shares a CD with black arrow, even while glyphed, which is pretty all-around stupid.

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who did not agree with you.

Also, no dispel protection, shorter duration than cd, and only useable on one target at a time (due to LnL).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who did not agree with you.

I thought I was the only one.

It drives me mental. I love playing my hunter. Hell, I play survival in PVP and I'm really quite solid at it to, though I play support in an RBG setting.

Also, no dispel protection, shorter duration than cd, and only useable on one target at a time (due to LnL).

God, yes. When was the last time survival was touched?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
World of Warcraft Patch 5.2>>>
Survival
Black Arrow now deals 10% more damage.
Explosive Shot now deals 10% more damage.

Blizz has said they dont want people using both in the rotation(which they did without the shared cd), but while glyphed does seem fair.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Blizz has said they dont want people using both in the rotation(which they did without the shared cd), but while glyphed does seem fair.

Yeah, that would be pretty crazy damage - I think everyone can see that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/08/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Faldeor
Blizz has said they dont want people using both in the rotation(which they did without the shared cd),

Blizz makes these garbage excuses and people buy into them. There is plenty they could do, but they make it sound like their hands are tied.

Personally, I do not think any of the traps should deal damage, they should be utility. The Explo trap glyph should be baseline. But that is a whoe other topic.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Hunter
while glyphed does seem fair.

yeah no excuses there.

and black arrow could be made to refresh when dispelled since it's black and magic except it'll have a lower cost when it refreshes in this manner.

camo could be made to increase the amount of self healing received while in camo by 100% but over 2 secs while camo is active. (SV only)

making healing potions, health stones essential tools for a Survival hunter, they already are, but this would emphasize on that, it might even make Exhiliration worth getting.

I meant to post this in another thread similar to this but I was too lazy to find it and ran into this one instead
Edited by Farsightrx on 5/8/2013 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I meant to post this in another thread similar to this but I was too lazy to find it and ran into this one instead

That's okay!

Survival is by far the most fun hunter spec, I'm sad it doesn't seem to get all that much love.

making healing potions, health stones essential tools for a Survival hunter, they already are, but this would emphasize on that, it might even make Exhiliration worth getting.

Can't use potions in RBGs, though, is the thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]