Buff or Nerf?

90 Orc Hunter
What are your opinions about the patch notes so far?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nerf
same
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
PvE buff. PvP nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
PvE buff. PvP nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Good.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I for one can't stand hunter pvp so i could not care less about the scatter shot and ice trap nerf.

As for PVE. I like it a lot. PRT doing about 19k more dps
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
19k more? With the spec in your profile? Any other people who have tested or can point me where more hunter PTR tests have been logged?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
PvE buff. PvP nerf.

This.

BIG PvP nerf. Burst reduced. Intimidation made a choice alongside silencing shot... major loss of CC. Haven't seen anything this bad since subtlety rogues had to choose between shadow step and prep.

Bad.

Hate you blizz. Back to my shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
19k more? With the spec in your profile?

I think there is some questionable math there. The gain should be about 6-7%.
Edited by Aertea on 5/9/2013 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Love these, I PvE the hell with PvP kids. Honestly we will see what goes live and how much it impacts our playstyle.

Personally, I think that by making Blink Strike a passive ability, a possible DR on Scatter / Trap, the removal of intim (going against Silencing Shot, no brainer) and the increased CD for pet abilities is way too much.

Since they allowed pets to be CC'd during Big Red, I have used Blink Strike to counter the surplus of roots, snares, slows the other classes have. Blink Strike is also a way I set up intim. By making it a passive ability, they are making it random. Guess they made it passive to counter act pet pathing issues, who knows. I don't like this at all. I like to be in control of my pet ie Beast Master.

Scatter / Trap, yeah just bad.

Removal of intim is equally as bad. A 3 sec stun with a 60 sec CD (that can be easily wasted due to positioning) is undeserving of anything but a fix action.
Edited by Orion on 5/9/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think there is some questionable math there. The gain should be about 6-7%.

That's the best thing about opinions, no math involved! He saw it so it must be true, obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
19k more? With the spec in your profile? Any other people who have tested or can point me where more hunter PTR tests have been logged?

My current stuff in my profile right now is not what i have on the ptr cause my current stuff is just for mass aoe for heroic horridon. I'm using the same set up as everyone else on the live server. The fact of the matter is 10% ap + my ilvl shoots up to 529 makes a huge change. On a normal target dummy in my current gear im pulling around 112k dps. Now keep in mind i go up to around 50 mill on recount so i have time to let the burst damage and the normal damage setttle in. On the ptr i have sustained 130k-135k dps on the target dummy for the 50 million damage many times. Keep in mind this is with out food, flask or any kind of buffs besides crit from my pet.

If the wait time for LFR or a normal raid did not take so long i would show logs to prove my point or if you want i can show you my self on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well, almost 5 item levels of AGI and possibly a weapon upgrade could lead to 5-10k dps. So a lot of that isn't the class changes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well, almost 5 item levels of AGI and possibly a weapon upgrade could lead to 5-10k dps. So a lot of that isn't the class changes.

Not only that, but hitting a dummy never has been or will be an accurate example of DPS or a way to accurately compare pieces of gear.

When I enable PTR changes on FD (which to my knowledge are currently accurate), I get an increase of +10,931.14 (+6.62%). This isn't enough to bridge the 30k+ gap between us and the top, and it certainly isn't 20k.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Not only that, but hitting a dummy never has been or will be an accurate example of DPS or a way to accurately compare pieces of gear.

I love the, "I tried MM on the training dummy and it out-DPS'd SV And BM by a lot, why isn't everbody MM?" posts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
ive been lvling a lock just in case they dont revert this stuff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]