Ascendance needs a disguise

90 Goblin Shaman
Don't get me wrong I love the look of the ascendance shamans have,but it is just a big target that calls out cc stun silence me.If you are playing against smart players in rbgs and arenas they will just cc you threw 90% of your ascendance.It needs to be disguised.Just keep the shaman in the same form so players will not know when we are in ascendance.What is the since of having a great cd if we cant even use it 90% of the time.Get rid of the big grimreaper or whatever it is and just keep us in the same shaman form.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
You'd be better off suggesting a minor glyph for alteration.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I had the same thought. But when in arena and rateds, I think most good players will have addons, etc, that will warn them of your cds.

But outside of arena & rateds,

I have two buttons for Ascendance, one macro casts grounding totem and ascendance with one click. saves precious time, and if glyphed to reflect, fun.

But I have a button for ascendance and noggenfogger, I swear the skeleton form buff from noggenfogger pops up every time with that macro.

I have a few other shape shifting items that doesn't share a global with ascendance and will hide the ascendance animation, but cds on those make noggenfogger the best option.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Yeah I really wish it didn't make us all big and stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Not really a "good" reason out there not to, seeing as Druids got a glyph to disguise Moonkin form, which also hides the effect of Incarnation.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not really a "good" reason out there not to, seeing as Druids got a glyph to disguise Moonkin form, which also hides the effect of Incarnation.

The glyph does hide moonkin form, but does not hide Incarnation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd be okay with a minor glyph. And after seeing the hex from the isle of thunder dailies, I also want a minor glyph that makes you into a raptor instead of a frog. So cute!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
new glyph: <putidiotnamehere> during ascendance ccs, stuns and silence effect have their duration shortened in 50~70%
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

But I have a button for ascendance and noggenfogger, I swear the skeleton form buff from noggenfogger pops up every time with that macro.

thats awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This is like saying rets wings needs a disguise. What makes shamans special? I could agree with lowering the CC duration while in ascendance but really? Again, rets wings have it worse, much easier to see.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Again, rets wings have it worse, much easier to see.

Lol i like this guy i cant tell if half his posts are trolls of if srs.

Its always fun
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This is like saying rets wings needs a disguise. What makes shamans special? I could agree with lowering the CC duration while in ascendance but really? Again, rets wings have it worse, much easier to see.

wings are also last like 3 times longer than ascendance.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
They need to make it where when you're in Ascendance form, you're immune to Polymorphs/silences/stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In higher ratings, it won't matter what your big cooldowns look like. Addons will call out when you pop them anyway.

05/11/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Rendis
Funny thing is, Rets have a glyph to add more wings to the animation.

I say Shamans follow the same idea and add a swirling tornado for Enhance, like the old WF proc, a pool of rushing water at the feet of a Restoration Ascendant and a similar graphic for Elemental Ascendants but with Lava and crackling lightning instead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
only use it when stuff like say.. counterspell and kidney shot are on cooldown, the mentality of "my big cooldown is up, i should win" is senseless. cds get countered by cds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/11/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Circuitz

Lol being dramatic much? Wings lasts 20 seconds, and the only thing they can hit you with is judgement and hammer, which hurt but I shut wings down easily where as its much harder for me on my hunter to shut down ascendance.

In higher ratings, it won't matter what your big cooldowns look like. Addons will call out when you pop them anyway.

I say Shamans follow the same idea and add a swirling tornado for Enhance, like the old WF proc, a pool of rushing water at the feet of a Restoration Ascendant and a similar graphic for Elemental Ascendants but with Lava and crackling lightning instead.

Every class has visible cds that people can see. FYI people, wings lasts 20 secs, thats 5 secs longer and is much easier to shut down. It doesnt make their auto attack and crusader strike ignore damage like ascendance does.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
05/11/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Rendis

Lol being dramatic much? Wings lasts 20 seconds, and the only thing they can hit you with is judgement and hammer, which hurt but I shut wings down easily where as its much harder for me on my hunter to shut down ascendance.

Every class has visible cds that people can see. FYI people, wings lasts 20 secs, thats 5 secs longer and is much easier to shut down. It doesnt make their auto attack and crusader strike ignore damage like ascendance does.

Rendis your missing the boat. Armor mitigation ETC are irrelevant if the cooldown is cc'd. Meaning even if we could do 10 million damage, what good is it if our window of opportunity to do said damage is minimal?

Look at it this way, a full polymorph is 10 seconds. We haev 5 seconds to attack and you have 10. Effectively you have twice as much time as we do.

So while the overall wings duration is only 33.34% longer than ours, they actually gain 200% more up-time.

Do not look at things so simple mindedly, as to ignore the CC's. There are many other forms of CC that can be included and great teams will CC the either the paladin or shaman for the entire duration.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Rendis your missing the boat. Armor mitigation ETC are irrelevant if the cooldown is cc'd. Meaning even if we could do 10 million damage, what good is it if our window of opportunity to do said damage is minimal?

Look at it this way, a full polymorph is 10 seconds. We haev 5 seconds to attack and you have 10. Effectively you have twice as much time as we do.

So while the overall wings duration is only 33.34% longer than ours, they actually gain 200% more up-time.

Do not look at things so simple mindedly, as to ignore the CC's. There are many other forms of CC that can be included and great teams will CC the either the paladin or shaman for the entire duration.

LOL simple mindedly. Sorry but again, you are contradicting yourself. First of all, *good* enh shamans will probably be on mage when they pop cds anyways, even if they arent lets say in a duel scenario, we have grounding and wind shear and a stun and trink, how about save them for when you pop cds. Just a thought, in 3s, when you pop cds you will most likely have a healer who can cleanse certain CCs, and you will have focus macros to CC the mage or rogue or w/e target you arent on, + focus wind shear. I still dont see how wings gain 200% more up time when they can be CCed also, when a ret pops his wings on me I scatter and trap him, he bubbles or trinks so I deterr and kite. You cant really kite a enh shaman in arena with ascendance so you have to CC. You trinket and that activates DR. You should learn how to pvp before lecturing others.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
You should learn how to pvp before lecturing others.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/12/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Ferocityy
You should learn how to pvp before lecturing others.

If you are going to quote others maybe you should check out my shaman, likeabause. you can see his achieves, he did all of that as ele, and enh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]