Almost zero droprate on Darkmoon Eye?

90 Draenei Death Knight
I have whooped Jeremy Feasel, that arrogant little so and so every day of Darkmoon since he showed up and still no Darkmoon Eye. I realize there is a low percentage droprate etc and am not asking to have it handed to me on a silver platter but come on. Anyone else getting frustrated with this? I don't mind working for something but I do expect a legitimate payoff at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
RNG hates me. I've handed him his defeat every time as well, and gotten hairballs for my trouble. My boyfriend, on the other hand, got the Darkmoon Eye his third fight. Then, being the amazing and awesome guy he is, he gave it to me.

I'm still going to do the DMF daily every chance I get, of course. I owe him an Eye now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Your boyfriend deserves tons of Brownie points for his good deed. You hear that Feasel you weasle? Now you have a DK and a hunter with their hand out, so give it up.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Rogue
I never saw it drop. I did the quest probably 25 times since it came out. I got lucky. I found a crawling claw on the AH for 10k and bought it. then traded it for an eye. Now I don't do that stupid daily anymore.

I agree it shouldn't be handed to you, but you only get 7 tries per month. I got all the pandas in 4 days of grinding. 4 months and no eye. something isn't right...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I owe him an Eye now.

but didn't you know that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Well, they do say that love is blind, and I did give him an Eye of the Legion for Valentine's...wait, that means I DON'T owe him an eye, he's just paid me back. >.> Hmmm.
Reply Quote
I've seen people wait years for some items (Horseman's Reins from Statholm UD pre-buff comes to mind).

What's with this entitled generation of WoW's playerbase?
Edited by Seventizz on 5/12/2013 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
My bastard friend has won 2 of them and sold them off. When i told him i would have bought one his reply was "my bad bro".

RNG is a fickle mistress.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'd still do the daily even if I had the eye (dont have it yet), its one of my favourite battles.

im one of those horseman people, still dont have it. Gave up in the end :D
Edited by Primuslazen on 5/12/2013 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
My bastard friend has won 2 of them and sold them off. When i told him i would have bought one his reply was "my bad bro".

RNG is a fickle mistress.

Dude, if a friend of mine got an extra pet like that and didn't even offer to sell it to me, there would be serious rifts in our friendship.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
not to be ´that guy´.. but I got the eye this week, it is my first week doing the DM pet battle dailies. I only really started doing pet battles last month, but have dedicated a fair amount of effort to it. I was figuring the eye would be one of them that permanently alludes, me, but got it like thursday. It is very uncommon, so well worth doing the daily again for the big bucks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Its all RNG, i've beat him every opportunity since DM eye became available and have seen 4 Eyes drop. RNG loves me in this area but hates me in others, random is random.
Reply Quote
I'm that guy. First win against jeremy = darkmoon eye.

Right after I looted a porcupette from a bag of pet supplies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I was intending to just keep plugging away slowly for however long it took, but someone apparently didn't realize how valuable of a pet they were selling and I just couldn't leave the poor little thing sitting there languishing in the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
five months of this battle and not a single one yet. If the battle was challenging, I wouldn't do it again, but it takes all of 2 mins, so why not?
Edited by Melani on 5/14/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
One bag in 50 has a pet, according to WoWhead. Haven't tallied up the dates, but I'm pretty sure there haven't been 50 days of Darkmoon Faire since the pet was introduced. So at this point the majority of people who have done the fight every day still shouldn't have won a pet yet. A year from now, most people will.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Just got mine this last Saturday, fourth fair since i started doing the daily. It will drop, just be patient! (or if you have tons of gold, buy a good pet then trade for one :) )
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I've seen people wait years for some items (Horseman's Reins from Statholm UD pre-buff comes to mind).

What's with this entitled generation of WoW's playerbase?

Don't give me that crap ... I killed 50,000+ Bugs in Zagramarsh (yeah i counted...) ... No freeking bug. RNG is RNG, but EFF THAT CRAP... SERIOUS EFF IT TO DEATH WITH A HAMMER SIDEWAYS. ... I got it off the BMAH for 2k gold... so thank god that ridiculous bunch of crap is over.

Im never going back to Zangramarsh as long as I play this game. I hate that place, I hate RNG, I would trade it any day... I dont care what damage it would do to the game. Farming for 7 hours a day for 30 days is too much. I make a fine monthly paycheck thank you very much, and this stupid bug isn't worth that much. I made the gold to buy it in 20 min farming ore. ... 20 min != 210 hours.

Nothing in this game should be so random, You stupid snowflakes who think Rare is good are idiots. Go look for unicorns in the forest for the rest of your existence, and I hope you die of starvation in the forest looking for them.
Edited by Concequence on 5/14/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
And yeah... RNG makes me mad... Bro.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Concequence, thanx for making me almost choke on my lunch, that was awesome. I was about to jump in here and tell Seventizz off, (seriously dude, read the entire post before shooting your mouth off about "entitlement") but you did it quite nicely for me thank you. Bows gracefully Concequence. Seventizz, guess what? being frustrated over a low drop rate on something that you can only try seven times per month to score is not a sense of entitlement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]