xpack 6.0: 2 factions within the 2 factions?

90 Undead Warlock
Just a thought for story telling, game balancing, and all in all fun. the idea is that there are two factions (loyalist vs progressive) inside the two main factions (alliance and horde)

1. this has been done numerous times before in WoW (aldor vs scryer, sunreaver vs silver covenent,/ magram vs gelkis if you're old, but what i'm really going for is an aldor vs scryer vibe).
2. there must be no real "benefit" to either faction.
3. all settlements will remain main faction based (i.e. you wouldnt have a horde loyalist settlement and a horde progessive settlement).
4. this MAY or may not be something similar with IoT pvp/pve dailies. maybe the loyalist sides focus on attacking the other factions settlements through pvp quests while the progessive sides focus on aiding in the recovery of settlements through pve quests

Ideas? personally, i would enjoy being horde loyalist.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Why would the Horde have a loyalist side and a progressive side in the next expansion when all the loyalists will either be dead or be prisoners?
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Why would the Horde have a loyalist side and a progressive side in the next expansion when all the loyalists will either be dead or be prisoners?

Garrosh's death was only the beginning of his plan. He actually has agents in many aspects of the horde. He invented this plan as a last resort should he fail to truly bring the horde together. Many of his agents are even working within the rebellion, getting close to the leadership. The kor'kron are just puppet soldiers. Garrosh loyalists, the true loyalists, believe in more than just Garrosh, they believe in his ideals and that's much harder to kill that a few flesh and blood soldiers.

Once Garrosh is removed and a rebel government is in place, the true objectors to Garrosh, who plotted in the shadows will be in the open. They will be easier to target for execution. Once the horde traitors are picked off slowly but surely, the horde will start to wonder why now is it so weak? Why when Garrosh was in charge was it strong? Then more people will be converted to the strength of the horde Garrosh once preached, while the traitor Vol'jin sits and let the horde atrophy.

A new Garrosh will eventually emerge and truly unit the horde. This is Garrosh's true plan should he ever fail to bring the horde together.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Garrosh couldn't plan a bar mitzvah.

We're not dealing with a master of subtlety, here. Malkorok, perhaps, but not Garrosh.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Garrosh couldn't plan a bar mitzvah.

We're not dealing with a master of subtlety, here. Malkorok, perhaps, but not Garrosh.

That's the act he puts on so his enemies will underestimate him. There is a reason why he was able to advance himself to the position of Warchief so quickly, by manipulate that simpleton Thrall. Garrosh may come across as abrasive and racist, but he only sees in the horde races weakness that needs to be purged. Not with genocide but with words, get them riled up and angry, back to a stronger horde united under the strength of their own power.

Take for example the blood elves. They were atrophying and weak, rather pathetic and even ready to leave the horde. Garrosh knew of their eventual betrayal, but saw in them a power that could make the horde strong. Garrosh ordered his puppet Aethas to make the sunreavers to once again betray Dalaran. With Jaina at the helm and the previous betrayal of a sunreaver agent in the bombing of Theramore, he knew she would not forgive a second betrayal.

So now the blood elves are much stronger and angrier, even Lor'themar is bringing back the Spellbreakers and working on making the blood elves much more powerful, powerful enough to not even need the horde. This would have been impossible without Garrosh and they would have continued to languish forever as the pathetic weaklings they have become under the protection of the horde.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
this MAY or may not be something similar with IoT pvp/pve dailies. maybe the loyalist sides focus on attacking the other factions settlements through pvp quests while the progessive sides focus on aiding in the recovery of settlements through pve quests

That's something I really liked with the IoT quests. You actually had a choice.

But I think Blizzard's plan at the moment is for the alliance to remain boring...I mean unified.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's the act he puts on so his enemies will underestimate him. There is a reason why he was able to advance himself to the position of Warchief so quickly, by manipulate that simpleton Thrall. Garrosh may come across as abrasive and racist, but he only sees in the horde races weakness that needs to be purged. Not with genocide but with words, get them riled up and angry, back to a stronger horde united under the strength of their own power.

I don't think Garrosh is a master manipulator, I think Thrall is just stupid.

Take for example the blood elves. They were atrophying and weak, rather pathetic and even ready to leave the horde. Garrosh knew of their eventual betrayal, but saw in them a power that could make the horde strong. Garrosh ordered his puppet Aethas to make the sunreavers to once again betray Dalaran. With Jaina at the helm and the previous betrayal of a sunreaver agent in the bombing of Theramore, he knew she would not forgive a second betrayal.

I don't think they're were planning on being caught, they could've done more damage if they were able to stay hidden and as would be allies. Also because of this Garrosh's main plan with the bell was discovered.

So now the blood elves are much stronger and angrier, even Lor'themar is bringing back the Spellbreakers and working on making the blood elves much more powerful, powerful enough to not even need the horde. This would have been impossible without Garrosh and they would have continued to languish forever as the pathetic weaklings they have become under the protection of the horde.

Maybe the sunreavers but I personally really dislike how a faction of the blood elves is now representing all the blood elves. That would be like saying the dark irons represent all of the dwarves. I still think Lor'themar should've just disowned the sunreavers if he was serious about wanting to rejoin the Alliance seeing as that faction of the blood elves was drinking the Garrosh Kool-aid.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
05/11/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Bachì
I don't think Garrosh is a master manipulator, I think Thrall is just stupid.

It's true that Thrall is stupid, Garrosh knows this and took advantage of it. Even in the face of objections from Thralls closest friends like Carnie and Vol'jin, Garrosh was still able to advance himself to the position of Warchief very quickly.

I don't think they're were planning on being caught, they could've done more damage if they were able to stay hidden and as would be allies. Also because of this Garrosh's main plan with the bell was discovered.

That's the brilliance of Garrosh's tactics. Even failure is still able to set in motion another. If the alliance was unable to uncover his plot with the divine bell he would have had sha empowered soldiers. He didn't actually foresee that his closest soldiers (Blademaster) would be unable to control it, there he did make a mistake sure. However the alliance was able to uncover his plot and destroy the bell for him. Thus setting in motion the strengthening of the blood elves.

Maybe the sunreavers but I personally really dislike how a faction of the blood elves is now representing all the blood elves. That would be like saying the dark irons represent all of the dwarves. I still think Lor'themar should've just disowned the sunreavers if he was serious about wanting to rejoin the Alliance seeing as that faction of the blood elves was drinking the Garrosh Kool-aid.

Blood elves are few in number and need to stick together, Garrosh knows this. The sunreavers, while corrupted by Garrosh, are still seen by Lor'themar as friends and they will be treated as such. Garrosh's influence will be able to reach deep within the blood elves, even reaching Lor'themar through Aethas. His goal is to transform the horde into a force of raw power, and he is starting by getting tough with all the races so they will cast aside their weaknesses.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

there are different loyalists than garrosh loyalists. grimtotem, for example, werent appreciated by garrosh even though they wanted his aid. likewise, forsaken (that despise the alliance and the light) would be forced to embrace a more alliance-friendly horde. same thing with BE's who are still bitter towards the alliance. it's not like the slaying of garrosh will kill all hate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]