Need help picking a melee Alt

90 Human Death Knight
Just as the title says, I need help with a melee alt since. I'm starting to make the transition from 2's to 3's and Dk's are a bit too faceroll for me. I wanted to play a melee class that gives a decent challenge, but is still good enough to reach high ranking. I have an Enhance sham already, but we really lack survivability and can get trained very easily. Most people tell me not to roll Monk or Paladin, what do you guys think?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
In what way are DKs faceroll? We actually have a fairly large arsenal of abilities, most of them see use during a fight. And unholy adds another layer of complexity, by having to make macros to control the pet properly. Dks are no more faceroll than any other class.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Monk. WW monk is probably the most fun of my mage, pally, monk 90s. They are incredibly bad or incredibly good depending on your skill. If you play ret you'll find yourself losing just because you are a ret.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
mage
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
if dk is to faceroll for you why dont you just play that and get to a high rating
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sorry, let me clear some things up. By faceroll, I meant we seem easier to play than most other Melee. Most teams I see have to set up for a kill (i.e. Rogues Smokebomb, Blind, etc; Ferals Cyclone, Typhoon LoS; Or I'll even use my Shaman as an example with Hex and Capacitor Totem with Projection. My point is as far as cc's go, i feel like Frost DK's are a little lackluster Asphyxiate/Strangulate and if you spec into Remorseless Winter. Not complaining about the mechanics of DK's or anything. A majority of our abilities are set upon shutting down enemies (specifically casters) and better protecting ourselves. I just want to know what class I should go for if I want to use more strategizing on how to beat my opponent, rather than making hard switches and applying heavy burst. I've tried Unholy and I dont mind it, love the pressure, but I want a class that uses cc to pressure rather than damage/heal absorbs. I don't want to achieve a rating where all I'll hear is, "It's because you're a (Insert Class Name)."
Edited by Dkjunior on 5/13/2013 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
DKs are faceroll? Cool i'm making one :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't want to achieve a rating where all I'll hear is, "It's because you're a (Insert Class Name"

'Fraid you're gonna have to look for another game then, chief.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Rogues are your best bet for a non-faceroll class that's very viable.

That doesn't remove the fact that you can still mindlessly zerg playing Rogue
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
roll warrer
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sorry, let me clear some things up. By faceroll, I meant we seem easier to play than most other Melee. Most teams I see have to set up for a kill (i.e. Rogues Smokebomb, Blind, etc; Ferals Cyclone, Typhoon LoS; Or I'll even use my Shaman as an example with Hex and Capacitor Totem with Projection. My point is as far as cc's go, i feel like Frost DK's are a little lackluster Asphyxiate/Strangulate and if you spec into Remorseless Winter. Not complaining about the mechanics of DK's or anything. A majority of our abilities are set upon shutting down enemies (specifically casters) and better protecting ourselves. I just want to know what class I should go for if I want to use more strategizing on how to beat my opponent, rather than making hard switches and applying heavy burst. I've tried Unholy and I dont mind it, love the pressure, but I want a class that uses cc to pressure rather than damage/heal absorbs. I don't want to achieve a rating where all I'll hear is, "It's because you're a (Insert Class Name)."

You haven't played dk past 1500 and you appear to have played 800+ games on it.
So by faceroll, you mean you have no idea what you're doing and are getting owned so you want another class.
Edited by Aorris on 5/13/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rogues are your best bet for a non-faceroll class that's very viable.

That doesn't remove the fact that you can still mindlessly zerg playing Rogue

rude

true
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]