Ebola cleave advise

90 Troll Druid
Alright so basically I am trying to run ebola cleave and we got into 1800 before getting beaten down by a 1870 team and getting them to 1900....... but basically we run UH dk, feral, H-pally and we had massive issues with caster cleaves, the one in particular is ele sham resto sham shadow priest I try to use fiery fire pretty often to keep grounding from taking cyclone but they have two of them and on top of this the teleporting capacitor totem was landing every time on our holy pally. I got every hex but we would die in seconds of leaving LoS against this team because of their burst damage without bursting is pretty intense, even when we countered the burst well they were able to kite for days with fears roots stuns and elemental knock back. We forced life link, we forced life swap, and we forced healing tide but we could not win out against their damage somehow because the DK says he was just CCed the whole time.

I was wandering if this is largely do to our comp, like I know a disc would be much stronger, but all we have is a holly pally because my server is pretty dead. I also wanted to know if this is a partial L2P issue. I tried to interrupt both mind blasts and the nature spell spam of the ele but if I stopped one the other still managed to do a lot of damage. We out damaged their team by 4/3 but they will just use silence and take the DK who is in blood presence to half life in about two globals.

I am looking for advise from people who might know a bit more about the comp but we have no issues again MLS, or any melee caster teams. Just a few pure caster comps. needless to say we lost just over 40 rating before calling it for today because we got a little heated at each other but just wanting to get some advise.

Edit: enemy comp shadow not disc
Edited by Hellsride on 5/13/2013 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Tunnel ele harder? That's my serious answer. Sorry I didn't read the whole thing, trying to level
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
comp just isnt good without a disc sorry to break it to you. hpallys are horrible right now and discs bring way more utility to the table with aoe fears, cyclone, and swap just to name a few.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
actually I think I figured it out, DK needs to just tunnel the ele at all times and I need to be switching between the ele and the resto sham with interrupts/cyclones going to spriest and the idea behind this is to eventually set up a kill by forcing the healer and the dps to be below half and separate because the resto will try to run away and when they are both about half I need to burst using incarnation to stun the sham and start making a lot more pressure while the ele gets bursted on by the DK and after stunning resto I need to try to force his trinket within the possibility of three stuns and if/when he does I can cyclone him and hard switch to ele and hope to get a kill if we can force lifeswap before doing this.

It is a lot harder without a disc I willingly admit that, but like I said we don't have that option because of our server being dead despite being labeled medium in population.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Being Ebola, you're going to be putting out tons of pressure very fast. I'd split DPS, sit your DK on the Resto Shaman, and you switch between both DPS. Your best bet is throwing CC on the Spriest, while you tunnel Ele, but don't feel committed to staying on him or even switching onto the Resto Shaman for a kill.

Ele/Resto/Spriest is a pretty odd comp to face, but the above is pretty standard for most caster cleaves playing with a Resto Shaman.

As for playing with a Pally, seeing as how bad Pallys are right now, your Pally is going to have to play very well in order to win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
pure and simple replace the hpal or you will go nowhere.

Hpals are even worse than MW monks atm for arena. Every rogue,spriest, or disc will call you for kill swaps until you are dead. Once your trinket is down, you lose.
Reply Quote
Saricc said it best. DK on the healer for maximum pressure/interrupts, feral on the DPS to control them and whittle em down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
pure and simple replace the hpal or you will go nowhere.

Hpals are even worse than MW monks atm for arena. Every rogue,spriest, or disc will call you for kill swaps until you are dead. Once your trinket is down, you lose.

Can't forget those mages.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The !@#$ man.....

Thug cleave, Beast cleave, and now.....Ebola cleave

What the hell is that supposed to mean....what classes is the word ebola supposed to invoke when you hear it.

Honestly these comp names are more harm than good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The !@#$ man.....

Thug cleave, Beast cleave, and now.....Ebola cleave

What the hell is that supposed to mean....what classes is the word ebola supposed to invoke when you hear it.

Honestly these comp names are more harm than good.

Ebola is a hemorrhagic disease, so a comp that spreads disease and bleeds makes sense.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Ebola is a hemorrhagic disease, so a comp that spreads disease and bleeds makes sense.

I know that, I am saying why reach for these outlandish comp names.

Why not just R/Dk/Lock or something like that.

At the rate this is going we will be having things like "5 oclock sunday cleave" and "Morning after cleave" or "Drop the soap cleave"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Comp names like Ebola and Beastcleave have been around since WotLK and BC.

http://i.imgur.com/zhzqo.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
pls

I know that, I am saying why reach for these outlandish comp names.

Why not just R/Dk/Lock or something like that.

At the rate this is going we will be having things like "5 oclock sunday cleave" and "Morning after cleave" or "Drop the soap cleave"

Lol do you know what TSG stands for?

Guess what spicy chicken cleave is.

I'm also guessing you've never heard of Thomas Edison Cleave.

<3 Don + Yipz
Edited by Inruins on 5/15/2013 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Bahaha morning after cleave, I will do whatever I must to make this a real team.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Bahaha morning after cleave, I will do whatever I must to make this a real team.

It has to be any comp that has the ability to kill you in a single opener.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/15/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Saricc

It has to be any comp that has the ability to kill you in a single opener.

Rouge/Ret/Enhance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]