So. . Defensive Stance back to 25%?

90 Human Warrior
uhh
But how does that help us? I mean we're still going to be rage starved and forced to go into arms which means we stay in Defensive Stance 95% of the time and for that 5% burst time we switch to arms then back? No offensive pressure whatsoever.. ? Would we have to peel with our burst? Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It's a broken class. The more "balanced" a warrior is in numbers vs other classes, the more overpowered the class becomes.

If you want fair, reroll.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Its a start! Its better than 15% so lets not kiss a gift horse on the mouth...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What are you saying? every glad warrior I know still stays in Defensive Stance for the entire duration on an arena match. Sure you do lots of damage in Battle Stance but with Glyph of Bull Rush, Juggernaught and not hitting Heroic Strike you can do good damage while surviving.

You know what they say, a dead dps doesn't do damage.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

You know what else they say?

"Don't get a Warrior, DKs are better."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I want to know when they will make zerker stance meaningful. Does anyone, at anytime, go to zerker stance? 1 rage for 1% of health lost? At ~400k health as arms, this is meaningless beyond belief.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/14/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Garrum

Take the player not the class.

P.S. (Offtopic) 4% "Magically" is 12%
Edited by Ðeaven on 5/14/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

But that's unpossiblé!

What's that make our 25% def stance mr magic boi? 80%?

But really though, 25% dstance is awesome. Along with the pvp power nerf, we will be able to sit at 35% for ages and wear our enemies down.
That and the 3 min s.wall too:D
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/14/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Rëbecca

But that's unpossiblé!

25% def stance is 25%.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
05/14/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Secondwind

But that's unpossiblé!

25% def stance is 25%.

he was referencing another thread

but actually, in what way does 25% reduce the damage?
assuming 100k incoming (already modified with power) it is 40k with 60% resil, and then that is reduced to 30k? (40k*.75)
Im not good at the wow maths because I cant apply my bedmas to it!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
05/14/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Ðeaven

Are you really that small of a person to bring that into a different thread? Jump on the Swifty v2.0 bandwagon and suddenly you need to start throwing attitude over the tiniest of things?

PS: Tell your 'daddy' to get some new material.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Are you really that small of a person to bring that into a different thread? Jump on the Swifty v2.0 bandwagon and suddenly you need to start throwing attitude over the tiniest of things?

i think its because you whine about warriors so much... that not very warrior-like
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

25% def stance is 25%.

assuming 100k incoming (already modified with power) it is 40k with 60% resil, and then that is reduced to 30k? (40k*.75)

Resilience holds priority first, an easy example: Lets say we're goona get hit with a 100k (conservative) Mage burst. Resilience has already been taking into account (it would have been much higher if not!), now in battle stance you would take the 100k, but in defensive stance you will take 75k! It applies after resilience and reduces the damage you'll take by 25%
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
ty
its pretty simple then:)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Resilience holds priority first, an easy example: Lets say we're goona get hit with a 100k (conservative) Mage burst. Resilience has already been taking into account (it would have been much higher if not!), now in battle stance you would take the 100k, but in defensive stance you will take 75k! It applies after resilience and reduces the damage you'll take by 25%

FWIW it doesn't matter which one you apply first. Basic laws of math, what order you multiply things doesn't matter, it all comes out the same.

Example: You have an attack that will be reduced by 25% Defensive Stance, 50% Armor, and 75% resilience. Base damage of the attack is 300k damage.

Apply in the order listed, you get 300k->225k->112.5k->28.125k

Apply Resilience > Def Stance > Armor, and you get 300k->75k->56.25k->28,125

Also, any other (different) source of damage reduction gets multiplied in the same way. So say you equip a shield and block the attack in question. It reduces damage by 30%, which brings the damage down to 19,687.5 damage. You pop shield wall during this for another 40% reduction, and it goes down to 11,812.5 damage. You also pop die by the sword for another 20%, and it goes down to 9,450 damage.

But wait! Turns out the ability wasn't physical. So Armor and Block don't apply. Now that damage jumps back up to 27k. (dividing by .5 and .7 respectively).

The reason why Resilience's value scales non-linearly is because rather than being a new modifier being multiplied in, it adds to a value already in the equation. So taking the above example, if we want to add in 5% more resilience, we don't just multiply by .95 (as a 5% damage reduction might indicate), instead we divide by .25 (to get the value of the damage pre-resilience), showing us a value of 108k. We then multiply it by .2 (the value of the resilience after adding it back in), giving us a total of 21.6k. Or an overal shift of 20% less damage taken by adding +5% resilience.

Which if you think about it, makes sense. Resilience blocks 75% of all incoming damage. 5% is 1/5th of the remaining 25% damage you are taking. So adding +5% resilience actually drops the damage resilience lets through by 20%.

And after writing all that I realize that Resilience's base value is probably 65% not 75%, but the above should still be good for demonstration purposes, if not for accuracy. I probably should not be posting on these forums while tired.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
okay that makes sense too.
originally i was just adding def stance in with the res, but of course that doesnt even work with my bedmas's!
65%+25%+40%(SW)= OH NOES THE GUY IS ACTUALLY HEALING ME WITH HIS ATTACKS!

but really, it does make more sense now.

anyone know the (averagish) SEP values of Power/Res(-values i suppose) by chance?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
defensive stance buff will help immensely in pvp. currently i dance when i know big damage is coming or im getting tunneled. also for surviving openers its a huge buff.

but i wouldnt look into our surviviability too much without looking at other class changes. alot of our problem classes are getting nerfs in 5.3

i think warriors will be in a really good spot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/14/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Garrum

this attitude annoys me, whats funny is 95% of the time its the person saying this who is bad and just wants an excuse.

every challenge mode i tanked i had some retard say lets grab a dk tank, but i finished em with golds.

every healer/dps i replaced saying i couldnt get 2.2k because warriors suck i replaced.

dont fall for this kind of remark/attitude warriors.

i watch this !@#$ and get pumped up to be better than the naysayers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b26ge-UfjDE
Edited by Kagan on 5/15/2013 3:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i think its because you whine about warriors so much... that not very warrior-like

Exactly

Thank you, you just made my morning.

Like Second Said, 25% is 25%
Like 67% resil is 67% Resil
But the diffrence between 15% and 25% is 13.33% :3
Edited by Ðeaven on 5/15/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]