So. . Defensive Stance back to 25%?

90 Pandaren Warrior
So its ok for PvE warriors to have full use of all their stances but not for pvp wars? Got it.

Historically with Warriors some stance has always had the poor end of the stick. In the past it was Battle, and sometimes Berserk Stance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/16/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Ezyo
Tat would make sense for talented abilities. Baseline skill we learn should have a use in both areas, and forcing warriors to only be able to use 2 out of 3 stances is bad design, and in pvp dancing into zerker was not just for using certain abilities but also because it increased our damage by 5% over battle when bursting.

And this is where you're wrong. Just because it's in your spell book doesn't mean it needs to be 100% viable in ever part of this game.

Few, if any warriors, stance danced for an insignificant increase in damage during cataclysm, especially considering they gave up the 5% damage reduction from battle stance in the process. In wrath and prior it was just macro'd into abilities.

So its ok for PvE warriors to have full use of all their stances but not for pvp wars? Got it.
The only reason dstance camping is done is because battle and zerker offer no benefit what so ever to being in those stances. If battle provided a 10% Dr and zerker provided 20% increased healing received it would allow us a way to utilize all our stances. Which would be a good thing.

This is the problem with this game though, and one of the reasons I'm thankful that Blizzard doesn't listen to PVP people for game balance on a global scale.

Stances are SPECIFICALLY tied to resource generation now. That is their purpose.

Taking a lot of damage? Go D-stance. You'll generate fewer resources but have better survivability.
Not taking any damage? Go Battle stance. You'll generate consistent resources and have "normal" survivability.
Taking damage but it's healable? Go berserker stance. You'll generate a ton of resources, put out much higher damage, and have "normal" survivability.

It's such a simple concept. This current formula is by far, the best implementation of stances Blizzard has done with the game yet. There is a clear cut methodology in using them. They're not useless functions that are simply macro'd into skills. It requires a clear plan and understanding of how each stance works, vs the current situation and whether or not you can survive or not.

Next time someone uses all of their CD's and you survive, and they continue to beat on you with nothing else up. Swap to berserker stance. Watch their health plummet from your near unlimited pool of rage.

Stop trying to ruin the beautiful balance between these stances because you think you've somehow been wronged by not being able to sit in whatever stance you want and still be viable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Says the fanboy who idolizes some person who plays video games. Yeah, scum.

God people assume so much.

Am I fan of him, yeah. Do I idolize him? No.

I'm actually an officer who helps control the guild.

And My god can you not think of something else to say?

If that's the only thing you can pull, It's pathetic.

But whats the point of trying to argue with some fool who hardly has any WoW Experience under his belt.

Tell that to Heroic Horridon. My guild is walled by him on the grounds of not having a single class that can remove curses.

Also, I respect you Ex, you have a lot of experience as a warrior. (A good bit more then me atleast) I do know what you're saying though. Honestly in PvE, their shouldn't be stuff like that, because you can complete do nothing about it. In PvP in some cases it is better to take the player rather then the class though. (Granted if both the players played the same, I would agree that most def. some class WILL be chosen over others. However, it will always be that way for there is no possible way for exact equal-ness.)
Edited by Ðeaven on 5/16/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't think I've said that before.
Also, stop being a fanboy that controls other fanboys.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I really like that idea,

Battle Stance 10% Crit

Defensive Stance 25% DR

Berserker Stance 10% healing

Something like that would give great rewards depending on what you need, creating much more stance dancing during battle.
Edited by Shieldbâsh on 5/17/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I really like that idea,

Battle Stance 10% Crit

Defensive Stance 25% DR

Something like that would give great rewards depending on what you need, creating much more stance dancing during battle.

Terrible ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I would like to see intervene break roots baseline, and then bring back throwdown baseline and have it be replaced by shockwave if you spec into it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Terrible ideas.

Thanks for elaborating and giving your thoughts!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/17/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Shieldbâsh
Terrible ideas.

Thanks for elaborating and giving your thoughts!

They've already been given. Read three posts above yours.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't think I've said that before.

It's what 50% of the people who are trying to argue use against me as a back-up argument when they are losing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Mind enlightening us on what we're losing? And what was the original argument? This started out as us calling you a fanboy, which is true. The argument is you being a fanboy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Defensive stance back to 25% helps a lot but it ignores the key problem, being that it is way too easy to force a warrior into defensive stance and crippling his dps output.

The change is nice but I feel it misses the point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Mind enlightening us on what we're losing? And what was the original argument? This started out as us calling you a fanboy, which is true. The argument is you being a fanboy.

I joined in with Rebecca, you were losing her arguement.
Reply Quote
I really like that idea,

Battle Stance 10% Crit

Defensive Stance 25% DR

I'll say, the stances need to change in some way. They just aren't fun to me as is.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'll say, the stances need to change in some way. They just aren't fun to me as is.

Probably because you don't have an interest in maximizing your character's potential. The stances have a ton of uses and all three are very powerful for warrior DPS. There is absolutely zero reason to change how any of them work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]