Reverted DK nerfs and buff necrotic?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_May_14-5_14_2013
Ill be playing with a DK after 5.3 so I don't mind, just wondering how they went from nerfing Unholy Might "now increases the Death Knight's Strength by 10%, down from 15%" then reverting it and buffing necrotic strike "Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
It was needed, 17k absorbs full tyrannical was BS.
Reply Quote
I'm not denying that, though I've never seen a DK struggle with pressure at this point (they have other issues yes). Just love the fact that they decided they need to tone down damage by nerfing strength one week ago, then reverting it and then buffing, though only a small %.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The other necrotic changes still went through, and those other changes were intended to make festerblight non-mandatory. Which they then fixed by tweaking TotT.
Edited by Messorem on 5/14/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Looks like all that DK QQ paid off.

Now expect us to be nerfed to !@#$ in 5.4
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
They didnt revert the strength nerf unholy might is still 10%. I think they basically buffed necrotic to keep it the same value while nerfing all our other abilities since now we are 5% strength lower.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
hahaha too good

dk+mage+healer confirmed best comp 5.3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
They didnt revert the strength nerf unholy might is still 10%. I think they basically buffed necrotic to keep it the same value while nerfing all our other abilities since now we are 5% strength lower.

Nope that got reverted.
Reply Quote
From what I read they were reverting unholy might back to 15%. I don't currently have a DK on the PTR so I can not say one way or the other... just from reading the notes. If I am incorrect I apologize.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Hmm I logged on PTr and unholy might is 10% still
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
hahaha too good

dk+mage+healer confirmed best comp 5.3

Playing Dk+Lock+Rshaman right now, and our team name is "Next patch youre boned". With all the other classes getting nerfs, and a rumoured additional mage nerf, plus the lock buffs... (3 second gateway is a buff even if it can be killed, regardless of what anyone says) + that new Locktastic arena map they are releasing, I would dare say next patch everyone is boned.
Edited by Ogedei on 5/14/2013 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I think PHD and shadowcleave with a monk could be quite strong, especially now that they can break fear/stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
This is stupid
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So unholy might 5% nerf is scratched along with the fs nerf and ss buff...on top of a 200% to 225% buff to necrotic from ap...so once i get ~1.7k more strength from stacking str gems in 5.3, necrotic should be stacking way higher than it does currently...there's no way this goes live lol dont worry peeps
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The DK nerfs were aimed at pve. Fairly sure though, with the changes to pvp power you won't see any difference between necrotic strike now and in 5.3 (it could actually be lower, but i haven't done the math)
Reply Quote
Does pvp power even affect necro strike's absorb?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Does pvp power even affect necro strike's absorb?

90% sure it doesn't.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
90% sure it doesn't.

it does 100%
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TIA
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_May_14-5_14_2013
Ill be playing with a DK after 5.3 so I don't mind, just wondering how they went from nerfing Unholy Might "now increases the Death Knight's Strength by 10%, down from 15%" then reverting it and buffing necrotic strike "Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%."

Necrotic strike had a MASSIVE hotfix nerf, also gave dks an ability that actually scales with gear. Majority of their attacks dont require huge amounts of gear to do near their max damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TIA
Looks like all that DK QQ paid off.

Now expect us to be nerfed to !@#$ in 5.4

You won't, other classes are getting better. Plus the pvp power nerf will reduce dks burst/ absorbs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]