Reverted DK nerfs and buff necrotic?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Didn't they hotfixed necros where it ignored resilience? So even with the buff, it shouldn't be that bad right? Besides festering got nerfed and we can't sit in blood and go offense
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
we can't sit in blood and go offense

I don't think the sudden doom change is that big haha.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/14/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Khryx
we can't sit in blood and go offense

Well if you say that out loud they'll just nerf it more because s5
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
DK's are going to be out of control in 5.3. They were super strong on PTR with the Unholy Might nerf and without NS buff.
5.3 going to be a fun season for healers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Try to remain calm!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
People need to remember that healing and damage has been nerfed a lot in 5.3.

What you heal for now will be far lower in 5.3, yet NS will be about the same as it is now (better since everyone will str gem).

Nerf healing, buff NS absorption, if you can't see how this will cause problems chances are you play with a Dk or are one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/14/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Gethrian

Well if you say that out loud they'll just nerf it more because s5

If you put it that way...WE DO NO DMG IN BLOOD PRES
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Not really a buff but a fix back from the unintentional nerf.
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/238199-dk-changes-may-14th/
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight

Nerf healing, buff NS absorption, if you can't see how this will cause problems chances are you play with a Dk or are one.

You people literally asked for it.

"OMG, Frost is Mongo easy, 100k Oblit crits take no skill, buff Unholy cuz it's the one DK spec we can respect!"

Of course, well-played Unholy was always even, if not outright superior to Frost. It could solo healers when no one else could and had multiple PvP-centric benefits (better self-healing, stun, harder to peel or shut down, etc). Yeah, they push a few more buttons. This is because they have those buttons available to push. More abilities and more flexibility make a class stronger, not harder. BM Hunters have ability bloat coming out of their ears. Not exactly a rocket-surgeon spec right there, though.

Frost got all the nerfs. There were major ones even in the transition from Cata to MoP - including the new over-reliance on Obliterate (a BAD THING - Obliterate SUCKS - it competes for resources WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER PVP-IMPORTANT ABILITIES), and the utter gutting of Masterfrost as a PvP-capable build. Dual-wield gets the gameplay style, but doesn't work too well in PvP. They even turned Frost's big spec-identifying CC into a talent available to everyone (after "buffing" it into Remorseless Winter, an ability that only works on people who fall asleep), while letting Unholy keep exclusive ownership of the ghoul stun.

Same way they let BM keep the pet stun but gave Silencing shot to all hunters.

Unholy got all the buffs. In MoP. In 5.2.

And non-DKs cheered from the sidelines - possibly because they thought that UH didn't get the big crits and would be a pushover.

You made your bed. Now lie in it.
Edited by Sylassanna on 5/14/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
glass cannon melee class, puts out lots of offensive pressure. you look in a DKs direction and they are a smear on the ground after 2 seconds.

seems legit. nothing to see here.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/14/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Sylassanna
Of course, well-played Unholy was always even, if not outright superior to Frost.

How would you know? You only play one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
lol.
So who remembers me predicting this when unholy got buffed back when everyone was whining about frost dk damage?
Edited by Aorris on 5/14/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
https://twitter.com/holinka/status/334431668200947712
lulzz
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Good the nerfs had no place. Necrotic Strike needed a buff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I saw the necro buff, I was like, crap!!!!
Edited by Nunsense on 5/14/2013 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I saw the necro buff, I was like, crap!!!!

Haha oh wow
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Love the blue comment on this EU thread complaining about DKs in arena (see below)... to paraphrase: "don't worry guys, we reverted those other DK nerfs and went for a different nerf: DK diseases aren't going to benefit from tricks of the trade anymore". Just thought it was funny that was the answer to why they are reverting 5% strength back. All you rogue DK teams...you are done lol.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7427294914?page=2#33
Edited by Milkyburrito on 5/16/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
because necrotic strike was underpowered. loved having a flash heal, 3 renew ticks, and a full penance get absorbed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
So unholy might 5% nerf is scratched along with the fs nerf and ss buff...on top of a 200% to 225% buff to necrotic from ap...so once i get ~1.7k more strength from stacking str gems in 5.3, necrotic should be stacking way higher than it does currently...there's no way this goes live lol dont worry peeps

He says while ignoring the other changes to necrotic strike that went through and how the base resilience changes will affect it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

He says while ignoring the other changes to necrotic strike that went through and how the base resilience changes will affect it.

you're being pretty bold in assuming the other necrotic strike changes won't get reverted like basically every other DK nerf in 5.3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]