Killing A BM Hunter

90 Orc Death Knight
Can it by done? I like to think that in any situation I can at least stand a chance against another class in a 1v1 situation but the amount of tricks BM has keeps me at a constant losing edge. Between ridiculous burst along with drop jaw self healing, can any class really beat a BM 1v1? I don't care so much if DKs can't kill them but it would be nice to know if they have any counter at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Demo Locks
Reply Quote
76 Human Hunter
Unholy DKs that sit in blood and keep conversion up, Demo locks and Spriests that start with with 2-3 orbs, should beat BM 1 vs 1.
Edited by Kitemare on 5/14/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The statement with regards to BM hunters' jaw dropping self healing is itself jaw dropping, coming from a DK.

Demo locks are pretty rough, though, yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Guess I should give conversion more off a chance then, thanks I will try it out
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Dk's can crush... crushhhhh hunters. At 1900 mmr in 2s we played a 23 minute game vs. dk / r.sham and the dk did 6 million healing... THE DK.. DID 6 MILLION HEALING. hallo? The healer only had 8 million healing.

Please... please stop thinking BM is so insanely strong. Its good, but its not ridiculous.

Plenty of classes can !@#$ on a bm in a 1v1 one situation. Demo lock, S.priest dominate hunter, ret, unholy dk, boomkin (lol dots and 400k hotw heal), ww monk, enhance sham, etc etc.

BM is good when its matched with a good healer in 2s and 3s and its very strong in the right setup vs the right comps. but its not god mode.

and Jaw dropping healing? A dk is saying hunter heals are to strong? What? Dk's have conversion, lichbourne, and pet sac. Conversion alone with the macro heals for more then warrior second wind, destro ember tap, etc. hunter healing is trash compared to any of the hybrid classes out there or to dk conversion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
BM has a lot of ways to stop casts and kite.

Demo doesn't cast.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Conversion is picked over pet sac so those two cannot be owned at the same time. Conversion requires a lot of runic power to remain effective and results in a loss of damage due to the death coil loss. Not to mention your scenario pairs a DK with a healer which is totally apart from a real 1v1 scenario. I'm sure I could beat a BM if I had a resto shaman keeping me full at all times, any dps could. Jaw dropping was a tad bit hyperbolic but the stampede spirit beast hot heal along with the 30% heal are nothing to be sneezed at when paired with double deterrence and beastial wrath trinkets. Either way, I probably just was beat by a better player and was looking for a way to help me in the future, I didn't mean to get hunters defensive about their current balance so don't take such offense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Please... please stop thinking BM is so insanely strong. Its good, but its not ridiculous.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/14/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Conslol

lol

yea lol, priests are stronger. my b bro. my b.

Better go look at all those hunters on the ladders... oh wait. all I see is priests. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
1v1 ferals and locks all i ever have problems with also some good dk's, as for our healing all we have is a 30% heal on a 2 min c/d reset by readiness and noone would ever take that over iron hawk in 3's so strictly a 1v1 or 2v2 situational talent.
Reply Quote
76 Human Hunter
Dk's can crush... crushhhhh hunters. At 1900 mmr in 2s we played a 23 minute game vs. dk / r.sham and the dk did 6 million healing... THE DK.. DID 6 MILLION HEALING. hallo? The healer only had 8 million healing.

Plenty of classes can !@#$ on a bm in a 1v1 one situation. Demo lock, S.priest dominate hunter, ret, unholy dk, boomkin (lol dots and 400k hotw heal), ww monk, enhance sham, etc etc.

If you lose to Ret, WW or enhance as A Hunter you're doing it wrong.
Edited by Kitemare on 5/14/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i though i had one beat had almost killed his pet after a long game of ring around the pillar. Then he was like Jk abandon pet all the cool downs.

:'(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
yea lol, priests are stronger. my b bro. my b.

Better go look at all those hunters on the ladders... oh wait. all I see is priests. :(

Oh, you think representation has a direct correlation to power.

That's cute, I'd use that if I didn't have an argument too.

edit: Hell, it worked though. You completely distracted me from the fact that although Priests are more viable than BM Hunters, that doesn't mean BM Hunters aren't strong right now. They aren't number one, who gives a !@#$? Even in your own pitiful game their representation is too high.

Try again.
Edited by Conslol on 5/14/2013 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Any DK worth his salt can own a hunter pretty easily..I'm not trying to be mean OP, but you act as if DKs arent the creme of the crop right now, and they are )
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

BM is good when its matched with a good healer in 2s and 3s and its very strong in the right setup vs the right comps. but its not god mode.

and Jaw dropping healing? A dk is saying hunter heals are to strong? What? Dk's have conversion, lichbourne, and pet sac. Conversion alone with the macro heals for more then warrior second wind, destro ember tap, etc. hunter healing is trash compared to any of the hybrid classes out there or to dk conversion.

If you're losing to all of those consistently in 1v1 situations, you are bad.

Can it by done? I like to think that in any situation I can at least stand a chance against another class in a 1v1 situation but the amount of tricks BM has keeps me at a constant losing edge. Between ridiculous burst along with drop jaw self healing, can any class really beat a BM 1v1? I don't care so much if DKs can't kill them but it would be nice to know if they have any counter at all.

Demo locks can do it. Both are crazy strong in duels.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Mages

jk
Edited by Deleuze on 5/14/2013 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
People have trouble killing BM hunters? Huh...
Edited by Hassen on 5/14/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

its beyond ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]