Sandstorm

90 Goblin Warlock
this ability really puts a damper on the meta in my opinion. this weather effect is ...too effective. they need to rework it to not reduce damage. increase the miss rate to 15%
Edited by Shadowsedict on 5/16/2013 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
this ability really puts a damper on the meta in my opinion. this weather effect is ...too effective. they need to rework it to not reduce damage. increase the miss rate to 15%

Yes, they should tune the game to more fit your opinions. It isn't to effective, its 'bonus' works for/against both sides barring them being elemental. It doesn't get you free wins as the true op pets that have come down the pike have.

While I have a moment...

We finally get the nerf it because I don't like it guy to stop posting about everything that upset him so you felt you needed to pick up the crown or something?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
not at all. i dont look at things i dont like and try to change them. i look for whats best for the meta. u can go through my posts. in fact some of them have been implemented name and all into the meta

i dont think it creates an advantage either way. im not complaining its too powerful. im saying that they could change it and overall the meta would be more fun
Edited by Shadowsedict on 5/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
05/16/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Shadowsedict
not at all. i dont look at things i dont like and try to change them.

0o

i look for whats best for the meta

Is sandstorm even in the meta enough to really care and even if so is it op, they have not really changed anything that has effect the meta unless it was clearly head and shoulders above. In fact they preemptively changed idol to make sure it wasn't overpowered.

in fact some of them have been implemented name and all into the meta

And that in no way makes either of your two newest complaints in any way real or relevant. Both are working as intended and balanced. Your big argument is you don't like the way they work....

i dont think it creates an advantage either way. im not complaining its too powerful. im saying that they could change it and overall the meta would be more fun

They haven't changed anything for the sake of fun. They change something when it is broke or overly effective.

Fun is such a subjective word that is borderline absurd to propose changes based on what you find fun as it is unlikely to have be shared evenly across others. Yes, I know you can find others who will say that sandstorm is not fun, please realize there are those out there that like i. So to really ask for a change you need to base in real tangibles not feelings.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
yep fun is subjective. and feedback is what lets developers know. you keep saying i am calling things OP and havent said that at all. i can voice my opinion all i want lol sorry u dont like it
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I think Sandstorm is fine. It's one of the very few counters to DoT teams in the meta, and is countered by every single other weather effect in the game.

Weather effects are extremely prevalent in the current meta anyway.

This is a lot like saying that Darkness is too powerful because it counters heal-heavy stall teams, or Call Lightning is too effective when used w/ DoT-heavy comps.

All of the Weather effects (well, maybe besides Sunlight) have comps that can capitalize on their strengths and put your opponents at a disadvantage.

W/ that said, it's possible that there is too much emphasis on building a team that can utilize weather effectively in the meta right now, but I personally enjoy it still.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
i can voice my opinion all i want lol sorry u dont like it

Right back at you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I just think it is dumb that they'd reduce darkness to 5 rounds, but not this. Why was darkness the only weather to get cut in half?

Also don't mind Hearus he is the local negative nancy of these forums, you make a post and he will come hate on it. That is what he does. I see him post all the time and have never seen him say anything positive on a post he was replying to.
Edited by Gfresh on 5/16/2013 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Seems if it didn't reduce damage it would be completely pointless. Maybe you should argue for it to reduce damage by a smaller amount instead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
05/16/2013 12:42 AMPosted by Shadowsedict
you keep saying i am calling things OP and havent said that at all.

this weather effect is ...too effective

I see....

I see him post all the time and have never seen him say anything positive on a post he was replying to.

Seems legit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Interesting quote I dug up.

sandstorm is not a big deal it has the same effect on every pet. so there is no advantage.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909121205?page=3#47

I chortled.
Edited by Hearus on 5/16/2013 2:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
OP has a KLR named 'Myteamisbetter'. Ironically, anyone opposing him with a Sandstorm pet would be better...hence him making this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Wait till they fix the elemental racial. Right now sandstorm basically kills elemental pets due to how damage reduction works on it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Sandstorm is very annoying for certain kinds of teams, but it doesn't come close to guaranteeing a win. Without sandstorm, I would worry that DOT teams would become too powerful in the meta.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't really have too much of an opinion on Sandstorm as I rarely see it, and don't use it myself. But I did want to comment on this:
Also don't mind Hearus he is the local negative nancy of these forums, you make a post and he will come hate on it. That is what he does. I see him post all the time and have never seen him say anything positive on a post he was replying to.

I wouldn't call Hearus a negative nancy. True he doesn't sugar coat things, and can be very blunt about his opinions, but he does state some interesting things now and again. I may not always agree with what he says, or his attitude, but it's Hearus...it's what I've come to expect from him. Also:
Interesting quote I dug up.

sandstorm is not a big deal it has the same effect on every pet. so there is no advantage.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909121205?page=3#47

I chortled.

I giggled!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
that quote from a prior thread stands as is. im not complaining that it is a garaunteed win, that its unfair, or anything of the like. it just is too strong against a large amount of teams. triple hitters, dots, stampedes etc.

you guys are making this something its not. im saying if they changed he weather to lets say instead...increase miss by 5-10% it would be a great weather still. right now i find it not a fun mechanic for the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
that quote from a prior thread stands as is. im not complaining that it is a garaunteed win, that its unfair, or anything of the like. it just is too strong against a large amount of teams. triple hitters, dots, stampedes etc.

you guys are making this something its not. im saying if they changed he weather to lets say instead...increase miss by 5-10% it would be a great weather still. right now i find it not a fun mechanic for the game.

You can either stand by its fine, or stand by it needs to change not both. And it is supposed to be good against those things just like those things are good against things that aren't sandstorm. Its almost like things have counters and stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why should tanky teams not have a weather that they thrive in? The damage reduction is what makes it.

You're backpedaling and saying that it isn't OP. And if it isn't OP then there isn't any point to this thread other than "I don't like it."

Well I don't like Blizzard or Darkness weather but I don't demand they be changed. I just throw Sandstorm up and make the things I don't like go away.

You really need to listen to yourself.

im not complaining that it is a garaunteed win,that its unfair, or anything of the like.

and then literally the next sentence is this:

it just is too strong against a large amount of teams

At least pick a side and stick with it. Sheesh.

Edit: I don't always agree with Hearus -- but when I do it's because someone is really out of touch.
Edited by Aeolyn on 5/16/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I do actually think sandstorm might be broken. I have never seen it miss when sandstorm is in effect already. Maybe I have just had a string of luck. Has anyone ever seen it miss?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
To answer your question Sherri all attacks that change the weather will always hit. The damage portion associated with the weather change can and will miss, but the weather effect that you are putting on the field cannot miss.

And to the op sandstorm is fine. It has its counters just like every other weather effect and as it was mentioned ready the only real weather effect that could truly use a buff is sunlight. You'll start to see a comeback of elementals on 5.4 when the negative weather effects are ignored and I'm excited to see how it diversifies the playing field.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]