For the Dusk! For what cause do -YOU- fight?

90 Worgen Hunter
I know that there is a post for the Knights of Dusk not to far down the page (at least at this point in time), but I feel it’s time for an updated version of what Vinosec posted what seems like forever ago.

Much of the original post is still true today and a lot of what the Knights stood for back then is still important to us now. But for those who haven’t yet been introduced to KoD officially, or those who haven’t really had a chance to talk to us in a while, here’s what we’re all about. (And 'are you recruiting' is a silly question, because KoD I don't think has ever stopped recruiting... :3 )

As an RP-PvP guild we focus heavily on the two both in guild and out in the world. While we take more enjoyment in WPvP and our on-server clashes with old frienemies, gearing is just as important (Thank you Blizzard... :-P ). So KoD's gotten more 'serious' about the PvP aspect of things, but still hold RP very near and dear to our hearts.

However, this does not change the fact that the Knights are an RP-Heavy guild. There are a lot of people who are curious as to how this works, and it might be more so for those looking to come from other servers. We PvP because of our RP and our PvP usually fit in to our RP. The Knights of Dusk is a fairly defensive Order, focused and pledged to the defense of Darkshire and her people after the King of Stormwind turned his back on us. The people of Darkshire are brave and resilient, but they are not warriors.

It is not in the nature of the Knights to provoke attacks or pick up the banner of assault not out of of cowardice, but out of prudence. By attacking the Horde and leaving word of who just destroyed a village (or five…), the Knights would be provoking the anger of the horde and retribution on our small town. That being said, we often ally with other Guilds, Orders and whatever bands may be out there when we are needed, assisting our allies in whatever way we can.

With the way the world works these days though, much fighting is required in order to be competitive on the field of battle, and the Knights are generally always up for the task, no matter what level of skill (or gear) we may have.

For those in training, we have people who have knowledge of the various classes and are always willing to help you understand something your trainers may have missed, or perhaps something they didn’t think you’d quite grasp before. We have craftsmen who can help your items out with blessings and enchantments, jewelers and smiths who can make you a bit more… shiny. And alchemists who can give you that little pick-me-up you may need in a battleground. (All flasks are not Arena or RBG approved… testing IS done before hand…)

Once you’ve trained enough to the approval of your class trainers, that however, is when the real work begins. Everyone knows the pains of fighting your way through the proving grounds just to earn enough marks for a pair of bracers… Well, misery loves company doesn’t it? Luckily, the Knights are willing to share that burden with you. Friends make the grind much more enjoyable for all, and offers a great chance to get to know the other members of the Order a bit better.

For those who’ve already run this gauntlet, the Knights also have several who run the path of rated combat. Arenas and the Rated BattleGrounds are the place almost all of us ultimately wish to be. We run RBG’s weekly, offering the chance for those who want to cap to do so, along with ratings and fun for all involved. Win or lose, we try not to take things too seriously though, so if you’re looking to hit a 2200 rating, the Knights will not be the best home for you.

I could go on for quite a while about the Knights, and I already have done so for far longer than I know a few of you would want to even bother reading, so I will close with this. The Knights have been around for a long time, I’m not the first Warden of the Dusk, and I hope not to be the last. While no one is perfect, I would hope that everyone who chooses to wear the colors of the Dusk aims to be the best they can and to keep the name and the reputation of the Knights of Dusk, one of the oldest and most reputable guilds on the server, proud.

If you wish to be a part of the Knights, or want to know more about us, please do not hesitate to contact any member. If they don’t know the answer to something, they’ll forward you on to someone who does. If you can’t seem to catch someone on, we also have our website at [ knightsofdusk.guilportal.org ].

A sincere thank you to any who read this all the way through, as I am proud of my guild and all the members in it.

~ Aiera
A.k.A Jess
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Plus there is me. But I dont know if that is gonna help or hurt recruitment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Plus there is me. But I dont know if that is gonna help or hurt recruitment.

At least have the balls to post on your main if you're gonna post in our guild recruitment post, not hard to figure out
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Meanwhile... in Duskwood http://imgur.com/GMjVoOw
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Meanwhile... in Duskwood http://imgur.com/GMjVoOw

Jonathan was not the hero Darkshire deserved, but he was the one they needed. He will be remembered.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
More screenshots of kaiba thinking he is real people. How cute.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
More screenshots of kaiba thinking he is real people. How cute.

posted june 5th lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Bump For some of our oldest adversaries.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]