Leatherworking Research

90 Undead Hunter
Just wondering... when you do the magnificent hide research, is it always discovering PVP gear? Or is it random and I'm just unlucky to be always discovering a PVP item?

None of my characters participates in any PVP, so aside from generating gear I can use to sneak my way into heroics, these items are relatively useless to me (though I suppose there are some pvp types on my server who may want to buy them on the AH... though I'd imagine I'd be selling them at a loss if I do sell them).

So... anyone? Discovering new leatherworking patters is strictly PVP or will their be PVE useful items later?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have gotten 1 piece of gear so far that is not PVP. I practically fell out of my chair when I saw it. The mats for it are ridiculous though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So far I have all 522 helmets and boots learned, but Haunting Spirits are very scarce. :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Most of the gear you get from researching is PvP gear, there are a few PvE 522 epic pieces, aside from a LW bag.
Edited by Vanrik on 5/20/2013 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's random what you discover. There is just more Dreadful gear to discover than 522s.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have most if not all of the pvp hear and TWO pieces of 522 gear. Tbh its quite annoying
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Well we *do* have five classes' worth of gear to learn, compared to the other crafting professions' three........
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Well we *do* have five classes' worth of gear to learn, compared to the other crafting professions' three........

Druid (leather), Rogue (leather), Monk (leather), Hunter (Mail) and Shaman (Mail)... gads that is a lot of useless gear recipes i'll discover on my way to discovering things that are useful.
Reply Quote
I'm just wondering when it is going to end. Been doing it daily for several months, and haven't missed a day. I think I have more lvl 90 pvp patterns than all the rest of the patterns I have all added together. It's basically become a "daily in disguise" grind pain in the butt. "go kill 20 or more max level creatures that drop leather every single day, for half a year or so, to get a few hundred patterns no one will ever have you make". I have never had anyone show any interest ever in any pvp pattern I have ever had....the honor vendor makes crap that dwarfs the pathetic stuff you can make, and since there is no honor cap you can grind out far better equipment in just a few days worst case.

It's become impossible for me to find patterns people actually DO want me to make because my patterns are so bloated with pvp crap that finding the non-pvp crap is almost impossible. They need to add a filter to the existing profession filters....something that gives you the choices "show me everything", "show me only pvp patterns", or "show me only pve patterns" so we have a way to filter out the glut.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
05/20/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Adiathna
It's basically become a "daily in disguise" grind pain in the butt. "go kill 20 or more max level creatures that drop leather every single day

I just grow leather on my farm. Planting sixteen Raptorleaf in a day yields about three full stacks of leather, so I only have to do it two or three times a week. Easy peasy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Adiathna, get Akis(sp) Recipe List, it will; show what patterns you are missing, I'm about 20 days from getting all the patterns judging by what I have left.
Reply Quote
05/20/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Cancionanxo
It's basically become a "daily in disguise" grind pain in the butt. "go kill 20 or more max level creatures that drop leather every single day

I just grow leather on my farm. Planting sixteen Raptorleaf in a day yields about three full stacks of leather, so I only have to do it two or three times a week. Easy peasy.

Unfortunately my farm is already share-cropped out to alts. I have tailor and alchemist alts that have to grow motes of harmony instead of cloth and herbs...so my leatherworker grows the other stuff for them and ships it off to them so they don't stagnate. I think blacksmiths probably have the same problem, but my blacksmith alt isn't level 90 yet. Killing for leather is less painful than killing stuff for cloth and doing herbing all over the world to get each type needed...I just do "fatty goat steak" runs every single day (whether that quest is active that day or not).

Adiathna, get Akis(sp) Recipe List, it will; show what patterns you are missing, I'm about 20 days from getting all the patterns judging by what I have left.

thanks...but already have it...just haven't bothered to bring it up yet...too depressing...grin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
6 more days of lwering research and ill be done.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I just want the bag dangit.
Reply Quote
I just want the bag dangit.

That at least I did luck out on...was one of the first week's recipes I learned if I recall. If not, it was the next week for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Got all the LW, BS, and Tailoring patterns.

No Haunting Spirits to use though, lol.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
Welcome to the Jewelcrafter's world.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I've got over a dozen patterns and only 2 I could wear and All patterns have been PvP crap. Off the only two I've gotten so far, by the time I got the patterns to make it I was level 90 and replaced the next day in a heroic dungeon.

LW sucks! It looks like the professions are solely geared toward players who play the AH. I just wanted to make my own gear and be proud wearing it. Such a drag!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Maybe me but the mats for some of these recipes are outrageous, 28 pieces of leather or cloth or the bsing ingots and you can make 1 piece specialty leather/cloth/ingot per day so basically 1 piece of gear per month, good thing I am not an end game player.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]