About traps

90 Pandaren Hunter
I've noticed lately that when I lay a trap in BGs other players can pretty much do the Michigan J Frog dance on my traps and the traps just will not go off. Is this a lag issue or something?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Arming time
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
05/08/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Moovershere
Arming time

I thought the same but in Strands, at a broken yellow gate, I can lay all 3 traps down and none of my traps proc. I do know that an instant trap proc is, and should be non-existent but I commonly see people pretty much lol'ing while moonwalking over all 3 and only 1 trap pops, I think there is a problem or some hunter trap nerf that I'm not aware of.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
Definitely an issue, i've seen enemy players walk over my traps as many as four times and no trigger. On an unrelated note, have you had any problems with disengage launching you in random directions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Definitely an issue, i've seen enemy players walk over my traps as many as four times and no trigger. On an unrelated note, have you had any problems with disengage launching you in random directions?

sounds like lag, or lack of knowledge of actual mechanics
Edited by Faldeor on 5/8/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
Traps can be resisted now. New nerf, read the last patch notes.

They aren't getting resisted, they never trigger.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
05/08/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Faldeor

sounds like lag, or lack of knowledge of actual mechanics

No its not lag i run between 40-60 ms, knowlege of mechanics consist of disengaging where your back is pointed? lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
On an unrelated note, have you had any problems with disengage launching you in random directions?

Occasionally I will fly some odd way but I normally jump, turn 180o, wait a split second and then disengage, works 9 times out of 10. It might just be because in the heat of battle, you can get a little too jumpy and not wait for that split second before you disengage, thus sending you jumping to the left or right for some odd reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]