Green fire more anoying than cool

90 Pandaren Monk
Anyone else on heroic horridon, and your lock decides to use all his pretty new green fire moves while your on the poison door, and you run around thinking you are in puddles the entire door...yeah -.-

biggest trolls.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They always come out at the same time (for us they always spawn right after the 3rd Dire Call).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
....Are you secretly from my guild?

You sound like it.

/cry
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Speak for yourself.

Greenmon form is cool. I wish I wasnt bad so I could play demo
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I had to turn off green fire for horridon progression whenever that was
I just now turned it back on like a week or two ago

people still cry

i personally don't see how the graphics are even close to similar.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
turn your graphics up? because they look nothing like the pools on ground, other than color.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
On top of the pools for some reason green fire x3 causes many of our players an FPS drop whereas red fire does not.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I dont understand this arguement so next time any graphics has red in it I should change to green fire?

omg boss graphics are red your not allowed to play fire mage
omg now they are blue you cant play ice mage
Edited by Nymerià on 5/9/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I had to turn off green fire for horridon progression whenever that was
I just now turned it back on like a week or two ago

people still cry

I was gonna direct you to this thread, but I see you've already found it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Made our locks turn it off unfortunately, yeah. Green Fire needs a little more tweaking. If it's causing FPS drops too then it really needs looking at.
Edited by Digerati on 5/9/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock

This. Fire doesn't move around in a circular pattern on the floor, and it definitely doesn't look "liquidy" like the poison.

On top of the pools for some reason green fire x3 causes many of our players an FPS drop whereas red fire does not.

Maybe in a 25m where you can stack 5+ warlocks, this might be an issue, but green fire alone shouldn't cause fps issues. Maybe when they used green fire they happened to all use the same abilities roughly at the same time so it had a spike, but with red they purposely held back or something. The color of spells should never effect fps unless multiple people were spamming something over and over.

In my 10m, when we have the unfortunate pleasure of bringing our other warlock (who also has green fire) nobody complains of fps issues on any fight. Some mention a slight fps drop on Primordius, but this is before we even pull him. So if green fire is causing any issues it's because you are stacking too many warlocks in a 25m raid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
I love how Warlocks defend having green fire on and blame other people. The graphics effect for green fire is bugged, it overwrites other particle effects, and for anyone with a high-end setup, it will cause lag.

Next thing you are gonna say is that your guild kicks frost mages out for Horridon because their Frozen orb confuses players on the third door. Your raiders need to learn the difference between fire and poison, they are two very different graphics. Obviously the fire 'overwrites' the poison, spells don't travel on the ground. It doesn't matter what color the spell is, it will always be 'above' the poison on the ground.

And obviously warlocks are going to defend our green fire. We have been asking for it since vanilla, we aren't about to let some Hunter who thinks all of tot is just 13 Patchwerks change our spells.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Purposefully annoying your raid team sounds like a good way to get yourself gkicked or sat especially during progression.

Who cares even if you don't see a problem or even if its just psychological, if its a polite request from the people you raid with and spend 8+ hours a week doing so just do what they ask of you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
05/09/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Creedyz
Next thing you are gonna say is that your guild kicks frost mages out for Horridon because their Frozen orb confuses players on the third door.

Hahaha, I have to admit I've almost panicked once or twice when an orb suddenly appeared on top of me. OP, how many warlocks do you have in your raid that this is an issue?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I haven't experienced any FPS drops worth noting. I run WoW with most settings on Ultra.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Green fire is outlawed in our raids.
Edited by Azane on 5/9/2013 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
The only time I've really noticed it was heroic Durumu progression during the maze. It's a cluster !@#$ of particles, but doesn't really block out what you are looking for.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
We've never had issues with green fire causing any confusion. Only bad guilds would see it as an issue and not allow it. Green fire isn't the only spell that can cause any issues in a raid or likely other environments... take Leap of Faith for example. I've seen many people yank someone into the ice wall on Hagara for a chuckle. The list doesn't even stop there. I guarantee others could chime in with other spell examples.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]