Just some clarification for mistweavers

90 Tauren Monk
So 5.2 has been out for awhile now, and yet I still see some mistweavers standing back and using soothing mists and other assorted abilities to heal. I'm not sure if you guys got the memo or not, but just to clarify things, we're a melee dps spec now that heals through a byproduct of our dps. Besides, the best defense is a good offense, and so the best way to heal is to prevent damage from happening in the first place, and what better way to do that than by eliminating your enemy's?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It depends on the fight, the strat, and what your mistweaver is comfortable with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Regardless if you're fistweaving or not, you should always be in melee if you can get away with it. Standing in melee lets you avoid ranged mechanics, most of the time you should be mistweaving. However fights like horridon and jikun with massive damage buffs you can fistweave mostly to heal
Edited by Suplift on 5/8/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Regardless if you're fistweaving or not, you should always be in melee if you can get away with it. Standing in melee lets you avoid ranged mechanics, most of the time you should be mistweaving. However fights like horridon and jikun with massive damage buffs you can fistweave mostly to heal

Assuming your group lets you stay on Horridon the entire time. We don't allow anyone to stay on Horridon when adds are out, and it's ah...extremely dangerous to be Melee during parts of that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Tiriel

Assuming your group lets you stay on Horridon the entire time. We don't allow anyone to stay on Horridon when adds are out, and it's ah...extremely dangerous to be Melee during parts of that fight.

Monks should be DPSweaving and discs should be atonement healing on Horridon near 100% of the time past door 2 (past door 1 if you other healers are super pro and your DPS knows what an interrupt is)

The damage buff is just too amazing, and will probably surpass the amount of healing you do normally.

Side note: Monks shouldn't 100% DPSweave if you are running bare minimum of healers, but still the only time they shouldn't be punching the boss is to get ReM spread around and maybe get an Uplift or two going. But running 3 healers (or 6) should mean 100% on boss, screw ReM and Uplift
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Side note: Monks shouldn't 100% DPSweave if you are running bare minimum of healers, but still the only time they shouldn't be punching the boss is to get ReM spread around and maybe get an Uplift or two going. But running 3 healers (or 6) should mean 100% on boss, screw ReM and Uplift

Uh no, there are times to punch the boss and times when doing so won't allow you to generate sufficient throughput. It is true that unless the boss has mechanics that dictate otherwise you should be in melee range all the time even when not using your melee abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/09/2013 05:06 AMPosted by Linnelle

Uh no, there are times to punch the boss and times when doing so won't allow you to generate sufficient throughput. It is true that unless the boss has mechanics that dictate otherwise you should be in melee range all the time even when not using your melee abilities.

That was in regards to Horridon. Running three healers on that fight means a monk can just straight DPS rotation on the boss and do good numbers.
Edited by Freeweezy on 5/9/2013 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Monks should be DPSweaving and discs should be atonement healing on Horridon near 100% of the time past door 2 (past door 1 if you other healers are super pro and your DPS knows what an interrupt is)

The damage buff is just too amazing, and will probably surpass the amount of healing you do normally.

This is not necessarily true. Most of the damage that happens before Jalak comes from adds. Dpsing the boss for monks and discs might mean more healing throughput, but if they help dps adds instead it will require less healing in the first place and will make the fight go faster

Edit: Forgot a word
Edited by Trolljin on 5/9/2013 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
So 5.2 has been out for awhile now, and yet I still see some mistweavers standing back and using soothing mists and other assorted abilities to heal. I'm not sure if you guys got the memo or not, but just to clarify things, we're a melee dps spec now that heals through a byproduct of our DPS.

Wrong.
Fistweaving is an option. An alternative. A different approach.

It is not, I repeat NOT something you should be doing all the time.

Edit::
Don't hate on my haste. I'm between break points because I was too lazy to undo my reforging after making the attempt last night.
Edited by Abercrombie on 5/9/2013 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

This has not been my experience on this fight. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Yeah, but that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/09/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Nerfheals

Yeah, but that's just, like, your opinion, man.

It is. :( So unfair.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love these forums.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

You're out of your element
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/09/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Crzed

You're out of your element

Why aren't you a Panda? WTH.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

I think I'm addicted to rocket jump. You've definitely gotten a lot furrier over the past year.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I love these forums.

HE LIVES
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/09/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Crzed

I think I'm addicted to rocket jump. You've definitely gotten a lot furrier over the past year.

We should talk. :( My Shaman (er, ONE of my Shaman, since I have 3...) has Rocket Jump! :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
So I spawned actual discussion about a healing spec and raid encounters through a satirical post. You guys are awesome, and I feel accomplished.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't you know by now that healers will discuss anything, *anything* except, I repeat, except, for healing dummies
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]