We asked for High Elves, we got High Elves

90 Human Death Knight
05/09/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Rainasa
While the endless "high elf for the alliance" threads might have played a part, I think it was more that the High Elves worked both as foils for the blood elves and a convenient tool to give Dalaran back to the Alliance.

The cynical answer is that there was so much effort copy-pasting the quest text to the Alliance NPCs that there wasn't enough time to change their skins to something else.

I kid, of course. But it would have made plenty of sense to have the Night Elves be at the forefront of the Alliance on the Isle of Thunder, considering that a huge part of the Alliance questing in Krasarang was that the Night Elves were heading to Pandaria to investigate Tyrande's vision.

As it is, the only point to that was to go there, completely fail at doing anything relevant, and then leave.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I kid, of course. But it would have made plenty of sense to have the Night Elves be at the forefront of the Alliance on the Isle of Thunder, considering that a huge part of the Alliance questing in Krasarang was that the Night Elves were heading to Pandaria to investigate Tyrande's vision.

As it is, the only point to that was to go there, completely fail at doing anything relevant, and then leave.

By that logic, Blood Elves shoudn't be there either. There should've been Sunwalkers, then.

How acquiring the power of the Thunder King is a completely failure?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
[quote]
You just want the high elves because they are "pretty".

Bothers me that they are part of the alliance, if you analyze it well they are only for convenience, if they could or had the power, would move away from the alliance. They've done it once, at the end of the second war.

Death to the high elves!

Alliance players actually want high elves because they fit better with the humans lorewise. It's always been that way in any fantasy setting. And current high elves suck up to the Alliance now, especially after being exiled from their kingdom. It's not really a matter of convenience anymore. They're the epitome of perfection, so what's not to like (well, I don't like them)?

At first, I thought like you. I wished Blizz would just off them completely. But now, I would like Blizz to add them to the Alliance or to make blood elves Alliance, so people can play the faction they want to play in instead of complaining that they have to play on the "ugly bad-guy side." Even if the Horde ends up being a ghost-town.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Tyrande's vision, like Dezco's wife's vision, was of the Vale. The elves found it.
Edited by Reignac on 5/10/2013 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
How acquiring the power of the Thunder King is a completely failure?

The failure to do anything relevant was referring to Tyrande. She shows up, gets completely shown up by Varian, and then goes back to Darnassus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
But it would have made plenty of sense to have the Night Elves be at the forefront of the Alliance on the Isle of Thunder

I disagree; the Isle of Thunder had nothing to do with Tyrande's vision, so Darnassus had no reason to get involved there. But the Isle of Thunder DOES have powerful magic about it, and Dalaran has plenty of reason to investigate powerful sources of magic.

In short, Dalaran's involvement in the Isle of Thunder makes much more sense than Darnassus'.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/10/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Gibbons
But it would have made plenty of sense to have the Night Elves be at the forefront of the Alliance on the Isle of Thunder

I disagree; the Isle of Thunder had nothing to do with Tyrande's vision, so Darnassus had no reason to get involved there. But the Isle of Thunder DOES have powerful magic about it, and Dalaran has plenty of reason to investigate powerful sources of magic.

In short, Dalaran's involvement in the Isle of Thunder makes much more sense than Darnassus'.

there was a reason to have the Nelves there instead. the people who helped invade her city and steal a magic weaponish thing being kept there were invadeing a different "city" with the intent of takeing magic weapons and such. things that could possibly be used against Nelves in the war.

in addition to Nelves already being on pandaria and not needing to go as far as dalaran had to go to get people in place.

there was an old enemy theme going on since the mogu and trolls were old enemies of the Nelves from way back when.

plus it would have given a chance for the Nelves to get some spotlight that didnt make them look bad in the process. rather than humans calling the shots and Helves filling in bodies for weird reasons, while pandas go "we have more important things to deal with right now(points to the lightning dragon that was just summoned)"
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
there was a reason to have the Nelves there instead. the people who helped invade her city and steal a magic weaponish thing being kept there were invadeing a different "city" with the intent of takeing magic weapons and such. things that could possibly be used against Nelves in the war.

Which is more of a reason for Dalaran to be there instead; Jaina's grudge against the blood elves is even more serious than Tyrande's. And whatever magical weapons the blood elves found on the Isle of Thunder, they were more likely to use against Dalaran than against Darnassus, because they hate Jaina more than they hate Tyrande.

After all, no blood elves ever lived in Darnassus, let alone got kicked out of there.

So Dalaran had more of a reason to get involved in the Isle of Thunder than Darnassus.

rather than humans calling the shots and Helves filling in bodies for weird reasons

What weird reasons? High elves have been a major demographic in Dalaran since WotLK, and nobody complained then.
Edited by Gibbons on 5/10/2013 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
plus it would have given a chance for the Nelves to get some spotlight that didnt make them look bad in the process. rather than humans calling the shots and Helves filling in bodies for weird reasons, while pandas go "we have more important things to deal with right now(points to the lightning dragon that was just summoned)"
I want to see these "caravans" with ancients migrating the base of the place, as in warcraft 3.

It would be fantastic if 5.2 was night elves instead of kirin tor.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Not to mention, even if I didn't want to see High Elves and Dalaran, I would rather have them over terribly developed Night Elf lore. We would just get another A Little Patience in form of patch. Some Varian or Anduin would patronize around until the Night Elves (females, of course) bow down and say how awesome they are awesome.

That is just stupid, we already did night elves all throughout Cataclysm.

NPCs and anything that might be considered superficial doesn't really count. Nothing consistent was developed for Night Elves.
Reply Quote
NPCs and anything that might be considered superficial doesn't really count. Nothing consistent was developed for Night Elves.
Sad but true. I miss the badass night elves of warcraft 3. I wish night elves, and humans return to be like in warcraft 3. Humans also ... i dont understand many things. What Happened With The theme of knights, paladins, light and all that?, It bothers me to see That the main force are only human spies with "snipers", lol ... That is too "modern" to humans ... D: hopefully soon appear kul tiras With a large naval army to kill orcs..
Edited by Rholand on 5/12/2013 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Sìrschmoopy
I think that it should've been the Darnassian Offensive, led by Tyrande (replacing Jaina), Shandris (replacing Vareesa), as well as other Night elven characters helping the Night elves against the Thunder King/Blood elves.

That is just stupid, we already did night elves all throughout Cataclysm.

But they weren't Alliance Night Elves. They were CC Night Elves, which meant they were greatly divorced from the problems and issues of Alliance Night Elves, and in fact, received more or less equal billing with CC Tauren.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/12/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Rholand
Sad but true. I miss the badass night elves of warcraft 3. I wish night elves, and humans return to be like in warcraft 3. Humans also ... i dont understand many things. What Happened With The theme of knights, paladins, light and all that?, It bothers me to see That the main force are only human spies with "snipers", lol ... That is too "modern" to humans ... D: hopefully soon appear kul tiras With a large naval army to kill orcs..

With Lordaeron destroyed and the night elves losing a great deal of their Badassery due to losing their connection to Nordrassil at the end of Warcraft 3, humans and night elves simply aren't the same now as they were then; nor should they be.
Reply Quote
With Lordaeron destroyed and the night elves losing a great deal of their Badassery due to losing their connection to Nordrassil at the end of Warcraft 3, humans and night elves simply aren't the same now as they were then; nor should they be.
First of all, human tradition has nothing to do with the kingdom. In Stormwind should be the most devoted, as there are the first paladins (aka nortshire) but it seems that all knights themes disappeared issues of human culture .... should destroy the SI:7 and refound the brotherhood of the horse :(.

And to my knowledge, Nordrassil not made them "super powerful" to the night elves. Only were immune to disease and aging. If the expansion "the frozen throne", did not have the blessing of Nordrassil and the night elves remained equally of great.
Edited by Rholand on 5/12/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
At first, I thought like you. I wished Blizz would just off them completely. But now, I would like Blizz to add them to the Alliance or to make blood elves Alliance, so people can play the faction they want to play in instead of complaining that they have to play on the "ugly bad-guy side." Even if the Horde ends up being a ghost-town.

See, here we're at an impasse. I want them to make Night elves more savage and brutal because I want all the people who want to play pretty, cutesy elves to go Horde or quit altogether.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
See, here we're at an impasse. I want them to make Night elves more savage and brutal because I want all the people who want to play pretty, cutesy elves to go Horde or quit altogether.
I agree. We need Night Elves more savages and merciless!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

If they added playable HE's for the Alliance, we wouldn't need the Night Elves to be pigeon-holed into that role anymore...

Then again, I'm of the opinion that if they added High Elves they shouldn't be their traditional, upstanding selves but somehow altered and slightly more grotesque.
Edited by Fyorsing on 5/12/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If they added playable HE's, there wouldn't be any need for that role to be semi-filled by NE's anymore. Just an observation.
No, they will not be playable. Prefer the Wildhammer dwarves.
Edited by Serendia on 5/12/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
No, they will not be playable. Prefer the Wildhammer dwarves.

You realize how silly it sounds to definitively write something off because it already has an incarnation in-game, then to turn around and ask for something else that already has an incarnation in-game?

HINT: Very, very silly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]