High rated Enh shamans?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Can any1 tell me how to search for high rated teams or players of a specific class/spec? Also can you guys name some skilled 2200+ enh shamans that I may look at?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
ellesmere!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Ellesmere/advanced
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks, I cant understand why he chose Nature's guardian and ancestral guidance for pvp. Echo of elements seems better imo. Any1 care to elaborate?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
idk about AG but NG is almost always better than the other options. echo is unreliable, AS is incredibly reliable and great at getting early pressure. AS hex the healer instantly and you can get some momentum going.

AG is strong healing as long as you do it while dealing damage, (and htt is really really bad) idk. he visits the forums semi regularaly maybe he'll see it and respond.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
NG is better than stone bulwark? How? Doesnt scale well later on? Also isnt it getting a buff? Or did it already get one. I can see AS being good but seems kinda like an extra button you dont really need, although it seems more like an oh !@#$ button. Echo is awesome when it procs on a heal tho. Anyways thanks for the tips. Any reason lvl 90 talent for enh seems to be unleashed fury?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
natures guardians effect increases your maximum health by 25%, the health gained effect is NOT lost when the buff goes, ala you heal 25% of your hp once every 30 seconds whenever your hp goes below 30%

ultimately it will keep you alive when you are being eaten alive just a little longer(and hopefully your healer can fix you in that time)

also, by grabbing bulwark you can no longer earth elemental OR earthbind when taking a huge spike.

echo of the elements 'double spell'effect, is not affected by the glyph of healing maelstrom, making a 5x maelstrom's 'double' heal 50% less than it's actual main heal
and we all know how fierce our unmaelstromed heals are :|

and yes, unleashed fury when you have frostbrand applied to offhand gives you a brief 50% movement speed buff, this helps immensely for our mobility

also,. on ancestral swiftness, mostly it's used for an instant hex or heal which you could otherwhise not cast, very good for not copping an interupt as you slowly cast your hex

EDIT: have another high rated shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Shamguard/simple
Edited by Queh on 5/11/2013 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Queh
also, by grabbing bulwark you can no longer earth elemental OR earthbind when taking a huge spike.

Also tremor.
Bulwark is really lackluster the absorb is minimul,easily gotten rid of, and like said it limits your use of earth totems.

If you have 400k hp NG will shoot you up 100k when you drop below 25% once every 30 seconds.

This is huge for survival.

05/11/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Rendis
ancestral guidance for pvp.

Because healing tide totem is killed in one hit the second you put it down.
But at the same time its easy to take away a shamans uptime when he pops ag so ..
Edited by Ferocityy on 5/11/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
natures guardians effect increases your maximum health by 25%, the health gained effect is NOT lost when the buff goes, ala you heal 25% of your hp once every 30 seconds whenever your hp goes below 30%

ultimately it will keep you alive when you are being eaten alive just a little longer(and hopefully your healer can fix you in that time)

echo of the elements 'double spell'effect, is not affected by the glyph of healing maelstrom, making a 5x maelstrom's 'double' heal 50% less than it's actual main heal
and we all know how fierce our unmaelstromed heals are :|

and yes, unleashed fury when you have frostbrand applied to offhand gives you a brief 50% movement speed buff, this helps immensely for our mobility

also,. on ancestral swiftness, mostly it's used for an instant hex or heal which you could otherwhise not cast, very good for not copping an interupt as you slowly cast your hex

EDIT: have another high rated shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Shamguard/simple

Thank you, I appreciate the explanations. I played a shaman in cata and then lost my account so I picked up again in Mop and am new to the whole tree of them. That was very informative and now I can see where you are coming from. What about for lvl 75 talents, could you explain those for me?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/11/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Ferocityy

Also tremor.
Bulwark is really lackluster the absorb is minimul,easily gotten rid of, and like said it limits your use of earth totems.

If you have 400k hp NG will shoot you up 100k when you drop below 25% once every 30 seconds.

This is huge for survival.

ancestral guidance for pvp.

Because healing tide totem is killed in one hit the second you put it down.
But at the same time its easy to take away a shamans uptime when he pops ag so ..

So let me get this straight, AG is pretty much used to deal damage and heal yourself at the same time?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
So let me get this straight, AG is pretty much used to deal damage and heal yourself at the same time?

Err do you not know what the ability does?

Heals for 40% of the damage you deal while its up spreads on 3 nearest injured allies
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
To be specific, it heals for 40% to each of the 3 targets, so 120% overall.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
<---

Natures guardian is basically a free 100k heal, and seeing how we get that low alot it is obvious why this is the better choice for this tier.

For tier 4, elemental mastery and AS are about the same. One is for more sustain, and other is for burst. EotE is kinda garbage, seeing how it is only really useful for heals, and even then the more sustain from AS will give us more maelstrom for heals + instant hex on opener is nice (stupid rogues).

Ancestral guidance is personal choice. Some do not like the idea to have to burst to heal, so they pick HTT. IMO I don't like healing tide because you can't use it while silenced and it gets 3 ticks off before it dies.

If you have anymore questions, ask. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Is Conductivity that bad for Enhance? Seems really good for zone control and helping a healer.

E.g., Melee on your healer and no peel available. Maelstrom > Healing Rain on that spot and dps the melee. Some main abilities cause 50% of damage as healing and even any Maelstrom > Healing Surges seem to be increased by 30%.

The only problem I see with it is all the movement in PvP. Do the players need actually be within it or does Healing Rain just need to be active?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well conductivity only works with a fraction of our damage, and yeah it only works on people being healed inside the healing rain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/11/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Ferocityy

Err do you not know what the ability does?

Heals for 40% of the damage you deal while its up spreads on 3 nearest injured allies

If I knew what it did I wouldnt have to ask. But thanks for the clarification.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
<---

Natures guardian is basically a free 100k heal, and seeing how we get that low alot it is obvious why this is the better choice for this tier.

For tier 4, elemental mastery and AS are about the same. One is for more sustain, and other is for burst. EotE is kinda garbage, seeing how it is only really useful for heals, and even then the more sustain from AS will give us more maelstrom for heals + instant hex on opener is nice (stupid rogues).

Ancestral guidance is personal choice. Some do not like the idea to have to burst to heal, so they pick HTT. IMO I don't like healing tide because you can't use it while silenced and it gets 3 ticks off before it dies.

If you have anymore questions, ask. :)

Thanks that helped. Yea Im trying out the different talents now and Liking them, I love the 10% melee haste I get from AS. Ele mastery looks awesome too but another cd to macro to my burst just kinda bores me, and 30% for 20 secs doesnt seem to outdo 10% all the time + a instant cast.
Reply Quote
Shark
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garrosh/Shark/simple
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]