Hey Veco! Get to know me!

90 Goblin Rogue
Firstly, Moose.

Welcome to the Venture Company, we're all glad to have you here.

My real name is Jason, born a native Texan and having lived there for 27 years, I recently moved to California (East Bay Area), after meeting the love of my life, on WoW. I have a full time job working at a Lowes in their lumber section, having a broad knowledge of the products, and building materials in general.

While I do not exercise the Moose persona in real life, I do so on WoW as a novelty. Some enjoy it, some do not, but overall the feedback is positive. You may not have been privy to the whole Moose thing since you're Alliance, but most anyone on horde has.

I came to the Venture Company something like two years ago, and enjoyed the assortment of unique individuals that thrive in this community. My personality causes me to lean more towards being a white knight, than to be a troublemaker, which makes for interesting situations in the world.

I have and always will love PVP, but I treat this character like cavalry, only bringing him to World PVP as an anti-camper or to level the playing field. I do pay visits to Stormwind every now and again, so I might sap you if you're flagged, just for giggles.

It is wonderful that we have not alienated you based on gender, as that is a rampant problem due to the anonymity of the internet. Hopefully this never happens, as people should be respectful and proper, even in the face of embarrassment or upset. I'm sure this will not change, and you can continue to enjoy a quality of play that only this server has to offer.

If you have any questions, or have a need for companionship, feel free to add me, I'm always around.

(::) BattleTag: Shottyninja1403 (::)

Moose.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Rogue
WHAT IS UP MY VECOERS? Axilon Stirling here(been playing Baedrok since MoP)--dead and loving it! I'm a typical 28 year old dude. I started playing wow back in 2005 so I would have a reason that I wouldn't go out and party all the time (I was in the army then and that's what army dudes do).

Like I said, I am a typical dude. I like pubs, sports(CUBS WIN), grunge music, lifting weights, Sanford & Son, my dog Kona, peanut butter and jellies, Star Trek, diet coke, comic books, (wine), my cat Thor(sometimes), and skiing. I also get down with Kung Fu flicks when I'm feeling BA!

It would seem as if the majority of the folks that have posted are pretty savvy with computers or have some degree in computer metaphysics or something. I however, am not. As aforementioned, I was in the army from 04-10. I am now back in my home state of Oklahoma (GO POKES!!!) and going to school. I am a philosophy major and have about 1 year left. After that, I'm headed to the Peace Corps to clear my conscience.

I came to Veco a little over two years ago. I was on Tichondrius and the game was all but dead for me. I met Lizardrat's alt in a random dungeon (I think we were like in the low 30's or something) and we got to BS'ing around about a certain author would like to drop acid and talk politics (we both had overindulged in alcoholic beverages prior to this chance meeting). He told me what Veco was about and that the Blacktooth Grin was the name and Wpvp was the game. I have been on this server ever since. My play time sometimes lulls, but I am back in action as of late. If you ever want to chat about 1980's rap or how the Chicago Bears are going to the superbowl this year, hit me up! If you're alliance, we can still chat but I'll smash my axe in yo face! I'm just kidding, but this seriously is a great server with outstanding people on both sides. Let's keep it fun!

Edit:

FEAR THE GRIN!
Edited by Axil on 5/22/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,

I'm Knann, a recently 90 MW Monk. You might know of me in game better as the Alliance Enhancement Shaman Knan, the self prclaimed best player on the server.

My WoW career started near launch, but I did not fall onto the depths of hardcore raiding and progression until BC. I raided in one of the top guilds on Gorefiend Horde, until ToC launched in WOTLK. I was persuaded to come to Veco Alliance by my brother. Upon arrival, the atmosphere was just different. Raid progression was slower, and RPPVP was plentiful. I fell in love with the community and soon joined The Blacktooth Grin. As a member of the Grin, Keepers of Stromgarde, Blackwater, Project Mayhem, World Police and The Enclave, I met many friends and enemies in game. Unfortunately, most of the memories I've gathered are with people that have lost touch with the game for various reasons, I find myself coming full circle, and joining the Grin again in combat.

In real life, I'm Brandon. 25, Security Officer. Nothing special. My previous occupation was Musician. I did a bit of national touring in a Death Metal band that saw decent success. Been in a few magazines, saw some cool places, met some cool people.. it just doesn't exactly pay the bills. I love DC Comics and NHL Hockey. I live near Huntsville, AL. A pretty average guy I suppose. My attitude toward the game as changed drastically. I used to strive to be the best in PvE, then PvP.. but I never felt satisfied. Now I just want to have fun. Meet people and laugh and enjoy my time online.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Greetings, I am Graylon.

I have been on VeCo since the day the server opened. I have experienced all the infamous history, villains, wars, rivalries and general awesomeness that makes me always play on this server. I have played on both factions, been in major guilds, (including making Sythegar in the Blacktooth Grin) and have basically had my WoW experience tainted by this place. I witnessed Shadows over Khaz Modan, including participating in the final siege of Ironforge. I fought against the Horde in Outland, and stood with them against the Enclave. Only this server could make me feels so epic an awesome.

In RL I am Scott, 6'2", 175 lbs. I practice and teach Historical European Martial Arts with a focus on Kunst des Fechten. I am currently starting a blacksmithing business with my brother, focusing on creating authentic, functional fighting equipment for HEMA enthusiasts.

Keep bringing the fight, I look to see you on the battlefield.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Actually, I feel honored being able to post in a nice thread like this.

I'm Blake, though I'm known mostly as Wilberfoerce. I'm often taken to be kind of a douche and confronting on the forums, but truth be told I'd be thrilled to have your RealID and befriend you. I'm still a student, though I plan to major in English Literature. I would certainly hope to make an English II teacher some day (nothing would satisfy me more!) I am in the St. Louis area.

I have several hobbies, among them being reading comics and manga, watching "sugoi animes" and Supernatural, playing bass guitar and listening to Norwegian black metal and Finnish folk metal (namely Ensiferum and Korpiklaani,) studying Spanish and Finnish, and cosplaying with my significant other and close friends. And I'm an accomplished poet. I am currently working on an Eridan Ampora (Homestuck) cosplay, and would love to take pictures and show you all the mementos from my next convention. Notable costumes among my friends are Grell Sutcliffe/Karkat Vantas (significant other,) Tony Stark/John Egbert (close friend,) Derpy Hooves/Ash Ketchum (close friend,) and Equius Zahhak (best bro.)
EDIT: My two best bros are now working on a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff cosplay :Y

I've been on VeCo since 2009, in Wrath, and began playing a hunter. He only hit 85 in mid 2012. Prior to that I had switched to playing my beloved spriest, Wilberfoerce, and have been ever since. I WPvP more than I do BGs and arenas, so I never have the best gear, but I'll often be the first to respond to a ping or to raid Darkshire (you guys still owe me rent.) Recently I've fallen in love with the emoticon ":Y" and use it any time I please. It has no real meaning as would ":(" or "<3."

I'm always open to giving and receiving RealID (not battletag), and I love to WPvP more than anything. Going to a convention in the midwest? I may be there! Let me know! Need to talk about comic books, shows, Homestuck, Supernatural? We have a connection. Want to discuss the most brutal bands? Hit me up.

I love you guys. I'd never leave VeCo.
Bumping this thread for a sticky. It needs to stay.
Edited by Wilberfoerce on 6/7/2013 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
hm
Edited by Mikejoneswho on 8/24/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Actually, I feel honored being able to post in a nice thread like this.

I'm Blake, though I'm known mostly as Wilberfoerce. I'm often taken to be kind of a douche and confronting on the forums, but truth be told I'd be thrilled to have your RealID and befriend you. I'm still a student, though I plan to major in English Literature. I would certainly hope to make an English II teacher some day (nothing would satisfy me more!) I am in the St. Louis area.

I have several hobbies, among them being reading comics and manga, watching "sugoi animes" and Supernatural, playing bass guitar and listening to Norwegian black metal and Finnish folk metal (namely Ensiferum and Korpiklaani,) studying Spanish and Finnish, and cosplaying with my significant other and close friends. And I'm an accomplished poet. I am currently working on an Eridan Ampora (Homestuck) cosplay, and would love to take pictures and show you all the mementos from my next convention. Notable costumes among my friends are Grell Sutcliffe/Karkat Vantas (significant other,) Tony Stark/John Egbert (close friend,) Derpy Hooves/Ash Ketchum (close friend,) and Equius Zahhak (best bro.)

I've been on VeCo since 2009, in Wrath, and began playing a hunter. He only hit 85 in mid 2012. Prior to that I had switched to playing my beloved spriest, Wilberfoerce, and have been ever since. I WPvP more than I do BGs and arenas, so I never have the best gear, but I'll often be the first to respond to a ping or to raid Darkshire (you guys still owe me rent.) Recently I've fallen in love with the emoticon ":Y" and use it any time I please. It has no real meaning as would ":(" or "<3."

I'm always open to giving and receiving RealID (not battletag), and I love to WPvP more than anything. Going to a convention in the midwest? I may be there! Let me know! Need to talk about comic books, shows, Homestuck, Supernatural? We have a connection. Want to discuss the most brutal bands? Hit me up.

I love you guys. I'd never leave VeCo.
Bumping this thread for a sticky. It needs to stay.

Yay for more teachers! This is my 12th year teaching and I love it. If I could do it all over again, though, I'd totally have tried to teach on the collegiate level. Sure I love what I do and having the summers off is sublime, but the pay scale is deplorable. My degree is in History with a minor in Political Theory and I basically stumbled in teaching when I graduated in 2000 and had 0 idea what to do with a BA in history.

That, coupled with the fact that teacher's professional ratings and observations may be posted for public view is a bit daunting. Also merit pay (getting raises/bonuses based on your kids' standardized tests scores) is a huge problem and can be awesome or wretched based on where you teach and the level of your kids.

It's super rewarding though, that's for sure. I teach wee folk and get very attached to the students - but today is my LAST day until August 8th. Good luck with teaching, friend. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, snap, this looks like fun! Alaaria, thank you for feeling so secure in our server that you opened up so much, and for giving others the confidence to do so. It's nice to be able to put names to... er, characters?

That being said, I'm Sam. I'm 21 (and a half) as of now, and I'm a ftm transgender. I do prefer male pronouns, but given I'm on a female toon, either or really work and I've just resigned myself to that, lol. Last I checked, I was 5'4'', and I'm from New York. And I have geckos. Lots of geckos. Because geckos are amazing.

I've been playing WoW for right about three years now. A friend of mine was bored one night and sent me a trial, claiming that if I liked it, he'd get me the game and the first expansion (BC), which turned into 'Let me just buy the whole thing for you'. Needless to say, I got sucked in and played until 5am that night. And then I had to share the fun, so I forced Snowgoose to play with me, as well as another friend, Halldia. I still remember running the gold road on my first character (a Hunter) and screaming when the thunderlizards thought to eat me. 8C Or when I found Thousand Needles and saw that it was 'contested' and turned right the hell back around.

I'm more of a PvEr than I am a PvPer, but wpvp or the occasional battlegrounds can be fun, and I like having a set should the need to defend territory arise. I love (love) tanking as a bear, so if anyone's horde side that needs a bear tank for old content, or new content, or just some dungeon runs and I'm on, let me know! I will swipe all the things. :I Other than that, you'll most likely find me snoozing by the pond, or farming ghost iron for gems/hording/selling (I kid you not, I had round about 900 ghost iron before 5.2 hit), or running dungeons/raids for mounts with Snowgoose - to which I should clarify FOR Snowgoose, given the mounts are likely for her. -whispers- She's a mount monger. > 3>

Also, if you plan to ask me to pvp with you, be prepared, for I am a piss poor druid. :c

Currently, I work as a dog trainer with one of the more well known pet supply store chains, but realistically, I'd like to go back to school for a Marine Biology degree, with maybe a minor in art. Preferably sculpting, but I'm probably going to end up taking a course in digital regardless. Like many others of our community (and the Herd, actually), I'm an artist, though I've got a knack for animals and animal portraits over anything remotely human. I suppose I could TRY goblins, but right now, I'm going to stick with kitties and tauren, because apparently I'm not half bad at replicating armor. Go figure.

So, yeah, hi VeCo. I'm completely new to the forums and most of you don't know me outside of enriching my diet with death grip, kidney shot and mind flay. If you don't, feel free to enrich my diet with frost bomb, charge, cyclone, aimed shot, kill command...

(I'm not being serious please I sort of panic really badly in pvp ; A;)
Edited by Tacca on 6/6/2013 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest

Yay for more teachers! This is my 12th year teaching and I love it. If I could do it all over again, though, I'd totally have tried to teach on the collegiate level. Sure I love what I do and having the summers off is sublime, but the pay scale is deplorable. My degree is in History with a minor in Political Theory and I basically stumbled in teaching when I graduated in 2000 and had 0 idea what to do with a BA in history.

That, coupled with the fact that teacher's professional ratings and observations may be posted for public view is a bit daunting. Also merit pay (getting raises/bonuses based on your kids' standardized tests scores) is a huge problem and can be awesome or wretched based on where you teach and the level of your kids.

It's super rewarding though, that's for sure. I teach wee folk and get very attached to the students - but today is my LAST day until August 8th. Good luck with teaching, friend. :)

Thank you! :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/06/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Tacca
Well, snap, this looks like fun! Alaaria, thank you for feeling so secure in our server that you opened up so much, and for giving others the confidence to do so. It's nice to be able to put names to... er, characters?

Hey there, and thank you! I'm not the best at PvP myself, but I try my best! Hope to go head to head with you sometime!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]