Tricks of Our Trade: A Frai'd of the dark

100 Troll Rogue
When you are reading the bible and realize it describes several differrent sexual acts...

Why didn't they talk about this in sunday school?
90 Human Death Knight
Man.

Montreal's out.
Oh look, another useless thread you guys can spam / cap.

I HATE THESE FKIN THREADS
88 Blood Elf Rogue

We <3 you too :D

Mm yes, your tears sustain me.
90 Human Death Knight

We were here before you bub, take a seat.
90 Human Rogue

Looks like I found my new "Tim".

I really dislike people like you sir, nothing to contribute to our community and nothing but negativity. You are bad. LFR hero with next to zero PVP exp and you want to tell us, most of who have been here for some time now using our Class forum to connect, how we should use this resource? Kindly see your way to the Hunter or Mage forums where mindless QQ like yours belongs.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
So when you're downloading something, can the number of other people simultaneously downloading from the host reduce your download time? Because I'm getting this file at like 1/20th the speed I should be getting it at, but I'm not sure if it's my problem or theirs. But 18.4 KB/sec is killing me here.

Edit: My problem, reset the modem and it's working fine.

I must see this weeks Attack on Titan in the best quality possible, it's going to be awesome.

Edit: Awesome might be the wrong word. I forgot about what happened to Franz.

Feel free to look the other way while we enjoy ourselves and eat cake.

You're welcome to join in whenever you feel like it.
Edited by Verelyse on 5/11/2013 7:14 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Monk
So when you're downloading something, can the number of other people simultaneously downloading from the host reduce your download time? Because I'm getting this file at like 1/20th the speed I should be getting it at, but I'm not sure if it's my problem or theirs. But 18.4 KB/sec is killing me here.

Edit: My problem, reset the modem and it's working fine.

you were correct, though. Computers can only process a single thing at a time (though the speed it's done at and the techniques done to speed it up makes it look like they're actually multitasking a lot) Computers or servers with multiple cores can actually multitask by having each core handle a separate activity.

Generally it'll take a lot of users to make a decent server overload and slow down the download rate, but it happens (sometimes intentionally)

There's not really a way to test whether it's you or them though besides pinging other servers. Travel distance also has an impact on server communication speeds (and thus download rates)

Why? I honestly don't see how it's a negative influence on the forums, and you are free to join in any time you wish. If you insist on disliking it, you could always ignore it (though I respectfully ask that you don't spam it)
Is there any other way to change the font of the game without using fonter?
88 Blood Elf Rogue
Yep. Create a folder in World of Warcraft called Fonts, and in there place four copies of your font with the following names:

ARIALN.TTF
FRIZQT__.TTF
MORPHEUS.TTF
skurri.TTF
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Mikasa and Casca share a backstory, apparently. Hopefully they don't share much more than that.

Also, I wonder how long it'll take Blizzard to take my sticky down now.

you were correct, though. Computers can only process a single thing at a time (though the speed it's done at and the techniques done to speed it up makes it look like they're actually multitasking a lot) Computers or servers with multiple cores can actually multitask by having each core handle a separate activity.

Generally it'll take a lot of users to make a decent server overload and slow down the download rate, but it happens (sometimes intentionally)

There's not really a way to test whether it's you or them though besides pinging other servers. Travel distance also has an impact on server communication speeds (and thus download rates)

Thanks! I really should've remembered that.
100 Night Elf Monk

well if the forum bans that kiljagen and I recieved are any indication, it'll be about a month.
88 Blood Elf Rogue
The similarities between US and Eu realms are interesting. It's no real surprise that they're a little more into PvP, as well :p

http://i.imgur.com/xZyJOVD.png
I think I had a good game.

http://i.imgur.com/qAsktDG.jpg
100 Blood Elf Rogue
05/11/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Sichel

well if the forum bans that kiljagen and I recieved are any indication, it'll be about a month.

Hm... I had an idea.

Reverting the sticky title for awhile while I mull it over.
91 Undead Rogue
Discussion topic: Why aren't you guys,
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kelthuzad/Lookin%20Cute%20Feelin%20Cute/
yet?
Cause you haven't invited my chars yet.
90 Troll Warlock
05/11/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Sichel

Pshh I doubt it'll go away for at least a full patch.

Oh I also wanted to drop in here and tell y'all that when I pop my hp increase cooldowns I have 830k hp.
100 Human Rogue
I am back from my weekend of drunken obnoxiousness and am pleased with the thread title. I seen it and immediately had "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden start playing in my head. That is a good thing.
Ya, I think I did alright, also fear dat ui
http://i.imgur.com/7CxJR7c.jpg
Edited by Hashtaghasen on 5/12/2013 9:48 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]