My list: Top 10 Kick-!@# Ladies of Warcraft

90 Gnome Warlock
Aggra should not be on the list at all. Moira should be there somewhere.

And more importantly, how the !@#$ could you leave out Queen Azshara?? She's like the most powerful and most accomplished of all Warcraft females.

I'm not going to place them in any order, as that is very debateable..but for mine the best 10 kickarse ladies of warcraft are:

*Queen Azshara
*Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
*Ysera the Awakened
*Jaina Proudmoore
*Sylvanas Windrunner
*Maiev Shadowsong
*Moira Thaurissan
*Tyrande Whisperwind
*Aegwynn
*Onyxia/Lady Prestor

*Lady Sinestra and Garona Halforcen deserve honorable mentions also.

I didn't count the villainesses.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Moira's self-centered and evil. She's not a villain as portrayed so far, and is considerably more pragmatic evil than Sylvanas could ever hope to be.

Aggra and Sylvanas on the list, Jaina at only 7 because she took a level in growing up, and Moira not on the list? Yeahno.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
I didn't count the villainesses.

Sylvanas is a villain.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Sylvanas is not at all heroic, and she doesn't even have the "she's only doing it for her peoplez!" excuse to fall back on. Her people are a bulwark.

Aggra hasn't done enough to warrant her being on this list.

Yes, Jaina is powerful, but she is not THE most powerful. She's one of the most visible definitely because we haven't seen mages like Khadgar or Modera entirely that active.

She's more powerful than them. As per Sean Copeland, she's the strongest living human mage. And this was before she took Lei-Shen's powers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
ya Jaina may be powerful but I can name so many characters off the top of my head that could best her, even in magic.

That said there is more to being kick !@# than just raw power.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
05/13/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Kazmo
ya Jaina may be powerful but I can name so many characters off the top of my head that could best her, even in magic.

But not the ones you mentioned earlier, as they are both humans.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
The problem with Aggra is that the explanation o why she is kick-!@# is completely reliant on a man(er orc). Just like in real life that does not make you kick $%^, that makes you a lesser human being(orc being?) for not having an identity. Aggra is not the Aggra you described without Thrall, and that is a little sad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sylvanas is *not* a villain in this game. She's a protagonist. A pretty despicable one from *most* points of view, but a definite protagonist, for one faction, anyway.

And I have no problem describing her as heroic. Evil (by my real world standards) but also with many heroic qualities. But then, I agree with Shelley's assertion that Satan is the true hero of Paradise Lost, despite being irredeemably evil.
Edited by Carmageddon on 5/13/2013 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sylvanas is *not* a villain in this game. She's a protagonist. A pretty despicable one from *most* points of view, but a definite protagonist, for one faction, anyway.

And I have no problem describing her as heroic. Evil (by my real world standards) but also with many heroic qualities. But then, I agree with Shelley's assertion that Satan is the true hero of Paradise Lost, despite being irredeemably evil.

Nah, she's a tragic villain and very high on the list of potential raid bosses. If you're not a Forsaken player there's really very little reason to see her otherwise, and even for them it's questionable. Certainly you as a BE ought to resent her. Your own leader wants to get out from under her thumb, y'know.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest

"Villain Protagonist."

This is a real thing.

Protagonist and Antagonist are opposites. Hero and Villain are opposites. Hero and Antagonist are not opposites.
Edited by Fifira on 5/14/2013 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/14/2013 02:59 AMPosted by Fifira
Protagonist and Antagonist are opposites. Hero and Villain are opposites. Hero and Antagonist are not opposites.

Indeed. I'd look at it like this:

Arthas:
RoC (The Scourge of Lordaeron): hero/antihero, protagonist.
RoC (Path of the Damned): villain, protagonist.
TFT (Legacy of the Damned): villain, protagonist.
WoW (Wrath of the Lich King): villain, antagonist.

Sylvanas:
RoC (Path of the Damned): hero, antagonist.
TFT (Legacy of the Damned): villain, protagonist.
WoW (playing Alliance): villain, antagonist.
WoW (playing Horde): villain, protagonist.
Edited by Egrem on 5/14/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Egrem, totally off topic, but when did they start putting in strength pole arms again? Great change. I missed those.

That is a neat looking weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
6.) Ysera

5.) Aggra

2.) Tyrande Whisperwind

1.) Alexstraza the Life Binder

Hahahahahahahahaha, wow, I came into this thread not knowing how you could possibly get 10 good female characters from WoW, and apparently you didn't!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/14/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Sybhyl
Egrem, totally off topic, but when did they start putting in strength pole arms again?

It seems there have been only three since TBC... Saliva Corroded Pike, Sturdy Yaungol Spear and Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
loved your article....
although for me the top 5 go as follows.
1. alextraza.
2. veressa.
3. ysera.
4. jaina.
5. sylvanas.

(sorry about the spellings and yea it is a little alliance biased) :3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What do you guys have against Tyrande being a good female character? up before wow and in books she's probably one of the strongest of all azeroth and her appearance in ALP was bad only to make Varian look good and even blizz admited that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I think a lot of it has to do with faction bias. Too many alliance players don't want a Horde leader like Sylvannas to get recognition and too many don't know Tyrande's history. They both earned their place on this list.

Aggra's position is controversial but I stand by it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I think a lot of it has to do with faction bias. Too many alliance players don't want a Horde leader like Sylvannas to get recognition and too many don't know Tyrande's history. They both earned their place on this list.

Aggra's position is controversial but I stand by it.

My first two characters in this game were, in order, Troll Shaman, and then Night Elf Druid. I was maining Horde this expansion until I got fed up with Garrosh; note how quickly I have Double Agent achieved after hitting 90. :P

Try again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
i didn't make this list to appease just one person
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
No Lorna Crowley?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]