Open Libram LXXVIII: Is It Patch Day Yet?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
i soloed the rest on normal, i decided after sindy that i wanted my title so i gave it a shot and saw it was doable
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't understand why Tyler Perry is in the 09 Star Trek movie
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tyler Perry is in the 09 Star Trek movie

what?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/19/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Iliriel
Tyler Perry is in the 09 Star Trek movie

what?

He didn't play a huge role IIRC. I think it was during Kirk's court thingamabob.
100 Draenei Paladin
Don't understand why Tyler Perry is in the 09 Star Trek movie

Because it's not a Star Trek movie.

05/19/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Lobster
Only if you're too willowy and weak to swing a real weapon.

Axes are heavy like maces but slice like swords. Well, hack I guess...

Axes > all

Axes don't have the finesse of a sword or the power of a mace.

Axes fail.
90 Dwarf Paladin
But axes are so much more versatile - more powerful than a sword, allows for more finesse than a mace, and can double as a walking stick on long journeys. Also, try getting firewood with a sword or a hammer. :p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Axes don't have the finesse of a sword or the power of a mace.

Potentially true. The type of axe you usually see in WoW is pretty terrible for that.

But, you get a weapon like this one, and I'd argue it has both finesse and power: http://i.imgur.com/pUibmXo.jpg

At first I'd passed it up because it looked generic as all hell, but I've recently been convinced to watch Kakumeiki Valvrave. It's utterly ridiculous while taking itself entirely seriously; in other words, it's Code Geass all over again, except this time with space Nazis and vampires.
Edited by Elidra on 5/19/2013 10:32 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
Also, try getting firewood with a sword or a hammer. :p

I bet ya I could take down a tree with most of the maces I have on Caden, some of the swords too.

But yes, axes are more practical as far as being a multi tool. Although I wouldn't want to take an axe into battle that I'd dulled chopping firewood.

In all seriousness every weapon type has it's ups and downs.

it's Code Geass all over again

Code Geass was absolutely hilarious, talk about a show taking itself way too seriously. XD
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/19/2013 10:33 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
I just finished rewatching all of Team Four Star DBZ Abridged, any of you who don't watch that show are failing.
100 Human Paladin
@ weaponry discussion - let's keep in mind that, because the melee weapons in WoW are primarily based on european designs and were thus designed in a climate of heavy armor, there really aren't any finesse weapons out there. given the relative deflecting strength of plate armor, whether or not your weapon was butterknife dull didn't matter. you killed a knight by denting his armor up so badly he couldn't move or by punching right through with a warhammer, mining pick, or something else suitably grizzly. most european swords that saw field use weren't designed to be terribly sharp on the bladed edge, as your killing strikes would primarily be thrusts with the point into the face or unarmored joints like the armpit, under the belly at the waist, behind the knees, or the like.

also, WoW weapons are so doofy and extreme in their design that there's nothing that even resembles a finesse weapon - even the daggers are shaped like some form of idiot crafted them for maximum drag and inability to wound.

@lobster - looks like yahoo bought tumblr. fortunately their market share pretty much requires that they not close it or even change anything, as any tampering would drive away the younger audience they are attempting to court.

@caden - agreed! dbz abridged is amazing, because it makes fun of the show whilst also being respectful to the overall story. also, vegeta would totally talk the way he does in dbz abridged anyway. it's completely natural for him.
Edited by Martana on 5/20/2013 12:04 AM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
I swear I love Uther, he has to be the best Paladin ever and that's hard to say as a rabid Draenei fan.

My strength is the Holy Light, my church is the field of battle.

Paladins in a nutshell.

Here's a decent fan video I found about Uther.

http://youtu.be/0vAKtkJGufM

A bit long and not amazing but good, gives a good reasoning as to how Uther was at his tomb in Lordaeron and also trapped within Frostmourne later on.

I also really like how they portrayed the final battle with the Lich King, it was epic enough as it was but having all the spirits present like that would have been a nice touch.

05/20/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Martana
because it makes fun of the show whilst also being respectful to the overall story.

Perfect description right there.

vegeta would totally talk the way he does in dbz abridged anyway. it's completely natural for him.

Yup, although I think their Vegeta is a bit less whiny.

I also absolutely loved their Frieza, he would have been a much better VA for the original dub.

05/20/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Martana
WoW weapons are so doofy and extreme in their design

Not all of them. There are basic, functional and simplistic examples of every weapon type in WoW.

One of my favorite swords is the elegant and simple Lightforged Blade.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/20/2013 12:42 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't really like using axes because they are a bit of a more sinister weapon IMO,
that and I feel wired using one as an elf lol

As per the anime discussion I realized I forgot to tell you guys about all the marathoning I did lol

I watched
Clannad/AS (and absolutely loved it)
Toradora!
Chunnibyou(I know I just spelled that wrong)
Shakugan no shana (all 3 seasons)
Kimi ga nozomu eien(I didn't really like this one)
And mirai nikki (I liked this one but hated how it ended)
I started ano Hana but I'm not sure I'm going to continue watching it

It seems I like my romance anime lol
Edited by Iliriel on 5/20/2013 3:55 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
If Shadow's Edge was transmoggable, I'd totally use that. Untamed Blade is pretty cool in the meantime though. I mean, it's been a favorite of mine all the way since classic, when the 300-strength proc turned you into an ANGRY GOD for eight seconds at a time.

I dunno, there's lots of cool weapons, but not a lot that I actually want to use.
100 Draenei Paladin
05/20/2013 04:02 AMPosted by Ravicana
Untamed Blade is pretty cool in the meantime

Why yes, yes it is! :D
100 Draenei Paladin
One of my favorite swords is the elegant and simple Lightforged Blade.

I'm not sure I'd call a claymore "elegant", but aside from the katana skins is probably the most feasibly functional sword model.

As for anime, I've been watching Vandread on netflix. Despite the hopelessly generic cg and harem subtext, the plot isn't half bad.
100 Human Paladin
Thankfully no tornados hit here last night. Hoping for the same tonight. Statistically speaking, more tornados have hit the Los Angeles area than they have my home town here in Oklahoma, since my town hasn't ever been hit by one (knock on wood). Wee bit smaller target of course :D

Looks like as of this morning 2 deaths confirmed now.

The worst that hit just northeast of the OKC area happened to go right through a trailer park. Completely wiped it out. Shelters saved many lives. I've read people say things about how it's dumb to not live in a brick home here. Just an FYI, with F3-F5 tornados, brick homes become damaged enough to be irreparable and can be completely wiped off their foundations (they don't really stand a chance in F4-F5). The only real safe thing is to have a below ground shelter!

With the exception of the loss of life in the Joplin outbreak in 2011, it's actually really amazing how few lives are actually lost to tornados, based on their destructive force. Shelters make such a huge impact!
Edited by Bravehearth on 5/20/2013 8:48 AM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
With the exception of the loss of life in the Joplin outbreak in 2011, it's actually really amazing how few lives are actually lost to tornados, based on their destructive force. Shelters make such a huge impact!

I'm somewhat surprised they don't just build homes underground in the mid-west.

Glad you've remained safe thusfar.
Edited by Snozberries on 5/20/2013 8:53 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Good weekend was good, went to the beach and saw Star Trek, was good

After a half a raid night of derping on lei Shen Thursday, one shot him last night, which was nice, had the rest of the night off.

I'm sure Caden will tell me why I'm wrong for liking the new star trek movies any minute now...

Edit: N/m its plastered all over MMO-Champ that the patch is tomorrow
Edited by Paladinchaz on 5/20/2013 9:06 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]