Open Libram LXXVIII: Is It Patch Day Yet?

100 Draenei Paladin
05/16/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Vrqt
Cookies?

Also lies! Goblins don't have cookies .. only noams have cookies.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My friend is trying to put the alien meme on a mouse pad. Worst possible meme for it but hey, its free lol.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Free wha now and how?
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/16/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Muletia
Cookies?

Also lies! Goblins don't have cookies .. only noams have cookies.

Well which race has crisps? Because that's the race I'm siding with.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Clerics in Neverwinter are very.. 4th editiony. :|
90 Dwarf Paladin
...They went with the 4th ruleset? Aw, man. -_-
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/16/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Cayse
4th editiony.

As long as we don't have stupid things like Weapon Masters + Great Cleave + Devastating Critical while dual wielding Falchions then all is good.

3rd edition (DM permitting) meant you could just get to points of insanity where nothing could stop you with a few classes. Some of the combinations (again, DM permitting) were just ridiculously broken too.
90 Dwarf Paladin
3rd edition (DM permitting) meant you could just get to points of insanity where nothing could stop you with a few classes. Some of the combinations (again, DM permitting) were just ridiculously broken too.

This is true. Knew a guy who made a Warforged Psion or some such that had multiple personalities and all kinds of retarded crap built into its body. If his multiple personalities decided to go ballistic, he could spawn some kind of retarded wands in his arms as a free action, declare full attack, and deal upwards of 10k damage in a single round of combat.

Broken stuff like that can be fun, though, if the roleplaying is handled well. This same guy named the Warforged "Balance" or something. When combat started, he rolled a D10 and waited that many round to determine how best to serve some sort of balance in the conflict.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Free wha now and how?

http://slickdeals.net/f/6032286-100-free-mouse-pad-from-www-cowcow-com-Free-Shipping-Just-Like-em-on-Facebook?

used

http://wallpafer.com/wp-content/uploads/meme_faces_wallpaper.jpg for my pic lol.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Pfft. Facebook. Nevermind.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rofl made a troll account on fb just to get one.
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/16/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

This is true. Knew a guy who made a Warforged Psion or some such that had multiple personalities and all kinds of retarded crap built into its body. If his multiple personalities decided to go ballistic, he could spawn some kind of retarded wands in his arms as a free action, declare full attack, and deal upwards of 10k damage in a single round of combat.

Broken stuff like that can be fun, though, if the roleplaying is handled well. This same guy named the Warforged "Balance" or something. When combat started, he rolled a D10 and waited that many round to determine how best to serve some sort of balance in the conflict.

It CAN be fun in certain situations for a laff or two, but if you're trying to play even semi-seriously it totally ruins the experience. The Devastating Critical thing was by far the worst, and here's why.

You're surrounded by 15 mobs.

Great Cleave carried over your attacks +1 to another close target after scoring a killing blow. Devastating Critical forced a monster to make a fortitude save or die if it was the victim of a critical hit. This applied to practically everything, even a lot of stuff immune to instakill spells. Some weapons had increased critical strike ranges, such as Falchions which had amongst the highest range of critical strike. Add to this weapon enchants/feats/buffs/debuffs that give a bigger passive critical chance and you can be scoring a critical on almost every other swing. Monkey Grip allowed you to dual wield most 2h weapons (depending on race and weapon size etc), this let you dual wield Falchions albeit at a -2 attack penalty. Certain skillsets let you gain more than the standard few attacks per round, plus dual wield so you could get in excess of 8 attacks per round.

I'll skip the over the top maths, effectively in one single round you could kill all 15 mobs without any retaliation, or before your pansy wizard could cast a single spell.

The combination issues were things like monks + wizards/sorcs with this old 'turn to steel' property thing they could get. Monk puts on gloves, wizard/sorc casts 'turn to steel' and suddenly monk has like +20 damage per punch. When combined with flurry it was absolutely ridiculous at low levels.

Mechanically the game was so open to breaking it, so we tried to never do that in my group because it'd tend to just go astray and even if the DM made things REALLY hard, we'd be able to get out of it easily with broken strategies. So instead we made 3 dwarfs who were always drunk and used improvised weaponry. My dude used a boat anchor for most of the campaign and it was epic fun.
100 Human Paladin
Grog, whats your name on neverwinter?
90 Dwarf Paladin
But that's why I brought up the roleplay aspect of having such power. First D20 game I ever played was a Revised (read: 3.5) Star Wars campaign, and I hybridized...three different Force-using classes - Guardian, Weapon Master, and Sith Warrior - into 10 levels of raw, dual-wielding lightsaber badassery packed into a Mandalorian-armored shell. Didn't draw blade for about two-and-a-half months of biweekly play and then couldn't land a swing to save my life.

But the point was that I played my role efficiently and accurately as a guy pretending to be a mercenary, not a dual-lightsaberist with the Force on my side.

...Also, not my fault the GM pit me and the group of five's only other Force-user against a dual-wielder five levels above us. >_<

Grog, whats your name on neverwinter?

Still in class; let you know once I get home and can get it all setup.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 5/16/2013 6:44 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Alright
100 Draenei Paladin
I feel this appropriate for the current Libram conversation.

http://youtu.be/m8c_4UZdPJs
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone know if battle res is locked on challenge modes?

05/16/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Vrqt
4th editiony.

As long as we don't have stupid things like Weapon Masters + Great Cleave + Devastating Critical while dual wielding Falchions then all is good.

3rd has problems, but the revisioning of certain classes under 4th/5th just pisses me off. Clerics from back since the 70's were basically melee healers, they swung melee weapons, wore heavier armors and carried shields and were more than capable of using heavy weapons as well. There were even melee-damage based Cleric prestige classes in 3rd edition.

In 4th, they became like the MoPtards yelling for holy to have a "ranged dps" shockadin spec. With the free at-will spells, Clerics became laserpriests and it's lame. Armor became a nonissue and shields vanished... and as a very long time cleric and paladin D&D player I really find it somewhat offensive.
100 Draenei Paladin

It's not.

I've run with a DK and Lock at times and they worked.
90 Goblin Death Knight
3rd has problems, but the revisioning of certain classes under 4th/5th just pisses me off. Clerics from back since the 70's were basically melee healers, they swung melee weapons, wore heavier armors and carried shields and were more than capable of using heavy weapons as well. There were even melee-damage based Cleric prestige classes in 3rd edition.

In 4th, they became like the MoPtards yelling for holy to have a "ranged dps" shockadin spec. With the free at-will spells, Clerics became laserpriests and it's lame. Armor became a nonissue and shields vanished... and as a very long time cleric and paladin D&D player I really find it somewhat offensive.

Yeah clerics in 3rd were actually a lot of fun. I think it was more the style of the game had to morph them slightly to accommodate. Think of what it'd be like having a cleric play like the clerics of old, only healing when absolutely necessary. It's more the gameplay somewhat requires a dedicated healer of sorts and the last thing they want is another early Age of Conan healing system.

Mind you, Clerics in 3rd could also be formidable melee fighters with the right setup, and nobody cleared out undead like them and their more fighter oriented Paladin brothers. Especially if you got them leveled high enough be champions.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/16/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

It's not.

I've run with a DK and Lock at times and they worked.

Odd. Our DK is having problems using his.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]