Open Libram LXXVIII: Is It Patch Day Yet?

100 Human Paladin
So what are you thinking of Neverwinter so far grog?

All this D&D lately made me rewatch this video again. Oldie but goodie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCWOCPxPmus
Edited by Paladinchaz on 5/17/2013 9:59 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
For a video game, the 4th Ed ruleset seems to work okay. Not overly fond of the modern Cleric, though; disappointed in the lack of Paladins, too.

Controls are gonna take a lot of getting used to - though, is that customizable? Didn't thing to look into it last night and I haven't been on yet today. And how frequently are we supposed to get feats? Level Five on my Guardian and nothing yet; disappointing. Customization and specialization look interesting, at least. Should be able to plow through more of it over the weekend.
100 Human Paladin
They should be customizable. The game has a lot of options

Feats I'm not sure about, dont think I've gotten one yet and I'm level..8?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Controls can be rebound and even moved around... but the game so far to me looks a lot like most of the previous F2P/CS MMOs I've been in, and it's something Grog mentioned already. There's a lot of currencies. A lot of them, and it's partly because of the CS model and it seems a bit unfriendly, especially if you aren't going to buy currencies and don't play enough to farm the four(?) non-gold currencies that I've seen so far.

I deleted my Cleric and made a warrior but eh. Stacking life drain is thrilling.
100 Human Paladin
F2P games thrive on their alternate currency cash stores
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, but they don't need that many.

Primarily it's CS zen diamonds, and astral diamonds, but there's still more currencies that I haven't figured out and of course the nearly valueless gold.
100 Human Paladin
Indeed, they have a bit too many from what I noticed just in the first city there were already 3 separate currency vendors all around each other
90 Blood Elf Paladin
they should have just stuck with gold, astral diamonds and glory. make everything easier. also the inventory and vendor system annoys me slightly, but i may just be spoiled by wow.
90 Human Paladin
EDIT: Please tell me Guardian's get something other than swords. >_>

Shields?

Not that I'd actually know, since I haven't played Neverwinter past level 5 yet :p

Thanks for all the offers :> I'm hoping to give it a go tonight or tomorrow.
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/17/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Ravicana
EDIT: Please tell me Guardian's get something other than swords. >_>

Shields?

I meant, like, axes. Dwarves with swords make the frozen Magni cry - or, in D&D terms, makes Moradin the Soul-Forger weep upon his anvil. >_<
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/TX3ndFo.jpg
90 Dwarf Paladin
Well, Chaz, seems you were right; patch is Tuesday.

Thank the sodding Maker.
100 Draenei Paladin
Bugger, means I have to do some serious LUI coding this weekend. Fortunately it's mostly done, just need to fix up the World Map module to handle the Pet Master tick box.
100 Draenei Paladin
Patch would come out just when I've depleted most of my Valor on that stupid Expertise Trinket.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Refund it! Refund it!
100 Draenei Paladin
Refund it! Refund it!

Too late for that, besides I need it to stay Expertise capped.

Tier Shoulders and Chest, do want. Expertise, nom.
100 Draenei Paladin
I don't think I have anything else to spend valor on, so it's all upgrades from now on .. hooray for reduced upgrade prices!
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't think I have anything else to spend valor on, so it's all upgrades from now on .. hooray for reduced upgrade prices!

Same. Got close to 2k banked, now, so the sword's an immediate upgrade, but I have nothing else worth boosting except tier...Well, my VP pieces, I guess, minus the trink.
100 Draenei Paladin
but I have nothing else worth boosting except tier...Well, my VP pieces, I guess, minus the trink.

I'd say your crafted boots are worth an upgrade, I love those things.

My first items will sadly be this Hit Sword, then my nice Feather.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Oh, yeah, boots. Was actually thinking "my 522s" in my head, and somehow just spat out "my VP pieces" instead.

Kinda wish I had another week to stock more coins, though - very much afraid of going another week without a new helm.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]