Open Libram LXXVIII: Is It Patch Day Yet?

90 Tauren Paladin
Patch 100% this Tuesday, Blizzard confirmed on Twitter.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Patch would come out just when I've depleted most of my Valor on that stupid Expertise Trinket.

We've all been there before, but the good news is its not wasted, when you need the expertise.
100 Human Paladin
I suppose I'll have to buy a trinket or something this week with VP because I'll be at 3k cap with 750 left still on weekly cap.

Means I won't quite go into next week fully capped, but no sense wasting 750 VP.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I suppose I'll have to buy a trinket or something this week with VP because I'll be at 3k cap with 750 left still on weekly cap.

Means I won't quite go into next week fully capped, but no sense wasting 750 VP.

Isn't the cap 4k?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Finally dropped JC and picked up Blacksmithing, 31.30% Haste /drool. Hopefully I can get 4 set next week. Doubt it, but we'll see.

On topic, VP cap is only 3k sadly. And I'm no where near it... But I got enough so I can upgrade my weapon and both trinks immediately at least.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I guess that shows how long it's been since I capped, haha.
100 Human Paladin

Isn't the cap 4k?

the justice cap is 4k, but the valor cap is 3k.

Just noticed a nice change for AskMrRobot paladin tank weights. In addition to setting the overall gearing strategy (like control/haste or control/mastery), it now gives you several predefined stam settings: max stamina (all out stam stacking except for hit/expertise of course), high stamina (default where Theck had set his preferred weights), medium stamina (setting that basically only uses stam for hybrid gems to meet bonuses and some enchants), and then low stamina, where it drops stamina weight low enough that it will never prefer stam gems/enchants unless there's just no other viable option.

Also you can now set the "force hit/expertise" cap option in the same area where you customize your weights, rather than setting an option in the options area.

Makes it more obvious to people how adjusting stam weights works out, without having to manually fiddle with the weight value. For someone like me, I already adjust my weights manually so it's not a big deal, but medium stam looks to be really close to my current weights (it's uses a slightly lower stam weight than I currently use).
Edited by Bravehearth on 5/18/2013 3:42 AM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
Join the cool kids club! I mean blacksmith club

As I wasn't tanking anymore I dropped mining (stam bonus) for BS (sockets) and kept JC.

It was a good decision, although Enchanting would be good .. I'd have a use for all those items I don't need anymore.
100 Human Paladin
I really hate trinkets with hit/expertise because they make it so you can't swap them out per fight, without reforging around them.

I need to spend valor on SOMETHING though, and Brutal Talisman I can use as prot as well as ret (not a fan at all of the vp tank trinket). I guess I could just completely stop ever using double stam trinkets...not like it matters for LFR anyways. With my current weights it actually does come in very slightly ahead of one of my stam trinkets. I just love being able to easily swap between lots of haste, and lots of stam even if I don't REALLY need the stam most of the time in LFR.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, Enchanting was a pain to level once, I ain't levelling it again. I already had a backup JC, so I don't mind dropping it.
90 Dwarf Paladin

Just go to the Kirin Tor Offensive quartermaster and buy two Blood Spirits - they're 400 VP each.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It was a good decision, although Enchanting would be good .. I'd have a use for all those items I don't need anymore.

engi/bs! the answer is always engi/bs!
100 Draenei Paladin
05/18/2013 03:16 AMPosted by Bravehearth
AskMrRobot

I stick to ReforgeLite now. Much less cumbersome than having to force reload armory. And has the option to lock slots, which is invaluable for offsets that share items.
90 Tauren Paladin
As I wasn't tanking anymore I dropped mining (stam bonus) for BS (sockets) and kept JC.

It might be a bit too late now but if you can go Engineering its the best dps profession hands down because of glove tinkers.
90 Draenei Paladin
05/18/2013 03:55 AMPosted by Bravehearth
I really hate trinkets with hit/expertise because they make it so you can't swap them out per fight, without reforging around them.

Yup.

I am reliant on dual Stam trinkets for heroic modes, but they're useless for everything else. I can't reforge around all the hit/exp trinkets (even though the VP one is really nice) so until recently all I had was Spark of Zandalar and I think Stuff of Nightmares (the latter is not all that great... lol). I seriously went through the trouble of speccing Ret and doing LFR Will of the Emperor 5 or 6 times last week, blowing through my Elder Charm stash to pick up an LFR Lei Shen's Final Orders so I would have a second trinket for farm content.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/18/2013 03:16 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Just noticed a nice change for AskMrRobot paladin tank weights. In addition to setting the overall gearing strategy (like control/haste or control/mastery), it now gives you several predefined stam settings: max stamina (all out stam stacking except for hit/expertise of course), high stamina (default where Theck had set his preferred weights), medium stamina (setting that basically only uses stam for hybrid gems to meet bonuses and some enchants), and then low stamina, where it drops stamina weight low enough that it will never prefer stam gems/enchants unless there's just no other viable option.

Want to see something funny? Load your toon and set it to control/mastery and then max stam, hit optimize. Then set it to medium stam... the setting that should, as described, only use hybrid stam gems to get bonsues. Not a single difference between the two.

Set it to no stam... mastery in every single socket, !@#$ all the socket bonuses except for this one parry/mastery gem.

Robot get down from there, you are drunk.

The weird thing is that it only does that when you start from control/mastery. Starting from control/haste it works essentially as a sane person would expect. High stam gives reasonable, socket appropriate high stam gemming. Medium stam gives reasonable, socket appropriate medium stam gemming. No stam... does silly things.
Edited by Cayse on 5/18/2013 1:25 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
sigh. all i want is to raid 25s without being super hardcore. is that to much to ask?
90 Draenei Paladin
sigh. all i want is to raid 25s without being super hardcore. is that to much to ask?

What a coincidence! I'm in a 25man guild that isn't super hardcore and is hitting that time of year where attendance is starting to drop off!

*cough*

Kargath server forums... you can find what you need... *vanishes*
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What a coincidence! I'm in a 25man guild that isn't super hardcore and is hitting that time of year where attendance is starting to drop off!

but but but...

alliance.....

( your raid times are actually really good for me)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]