pvp on a pve server

90 Pandaren Monk
Several months ago, a ton of threads condemning cross realm pvp plagued the forums. The attitude was, "Oh my, pvp happened on a pvp server? Go to a pve server if you don't like it"
Recently, while leveling an alt on a PVE server, I had to contend with level 90 toons from pvp realms, killing the quest givers in hellfire peninsula, and camping the pvp fortifications to gank levelers minding their own business on their PVE server.
It's one thing to have 90's from my own server taking advantage of the situation, which on a pve server doesn't happen as much as on a pvp server. However, having 90's from a pvp server in a 60's area of a pve server is not cool. That is harassment. There is no need for a pvp server toon to be in a leveling area of a non pvp server.
I have a solution though. Since certain Bliz officials want to encourage such bad behavior, how about some other Bliz officials stepping up and making this interesting? If a player from a pvp server goes to a non pvp server, all their stats get a debuff, equal to the zone they are in. All 90's from another server that go to hellfire get a debuff that makes all stats: health, mana, damage attacks, and pvp stats made equal to those leveling in Hellfire. That way, if they do not behave as guest on another server and overstay their welcome, I can get on my 90, from my server, and give them a taste of their own medicine.
We had the ganking thing shoved done our throats. We have transfered to a nonpvp server to get away from it.
Either get the pvp'ers back to their own realm, or give me my money back because transferring to a non pvp server didn't do a dang bit of good.
The cross realm thing sucks and Bliz needs to police up its mess.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
All CRZ did was pretty much give the griefers a lot more targets to hit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PvP and PvE realms are not automatically cross-realmed. At least one person from your server was specifically involved in inviting them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It doesn't matter. There is no need for a pvp server player to be ganking on a non pvp server. Since there were 2 90 dk's from the same server the 1st time I watched this, acting alone, it is easy to see how they did it. Create a toon on a non pvp server, invite your friend from a pvp server. Give your friend lead, log off to your main from a pvp server, and get invite to join friend. No one really has to be from the realm you are harassing.
I was invited to another server with a friend to do a raid. Later, my friend logged and I was left alone on this other server. Had I began ganking, I would have been doing so with out the knowledge of the friend who invited me.
Players from another server have no need to be attacking quest givers or taking out pvp tasked quest areas. Level 90 pvp'ers should not be allowed to play in non pvp lower level areas. The cross realm exchange was not supposed to be for ganking lower levels. This is an exploitation of Blizards error not being fixed 3 months ago.
I payed to transfer to a non pvp server to get away from this garbage. I listened to the griefers say "PVP happened on a PVP server". Im now on a non pvp server. Now I have a beef and some one needs to address this or give me my money back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
05/19/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Shenanagins

Agreed
Reply Quote
camping the pvp fortifications to gank levelers minding their own business on their PVE server

This is within the rules as it is noted as pvp and players would have to flag themselves in order to take part of it.

killing the quest givers in hellfire peninsula

Excessive amount of this is considered zone disruption and can be actionable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/19/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Lulule
Recently, while leveling an alt on a PVE server, I had to contend with level 90 toons from pvp realms, killing the quest givers in hellfire peninsula, and camping the pvp fortifications to gank levelers minding their own business on their PVE server.

Only if they flag themselves. PVE players cant be ganked by anyone unless they choose to be ganked.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/19/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Oh my, pvp happened on a pvp server?

Oh my, pvp happened on a pve server?

Odds are they won't be there in an hour. Gods forbid something deviates your normal schedule for a short time.

It's attitudes like this that prevent us from having another WotLK invasion event.

"OMG I KOOD NOT AH FOR LIKE TEN MINOOTS!!!"

Wait, you all condemn someone on a PvP realm complaining about low level ganking..You all tell said person to roll on a PvE realm if he doesn't like it..So someone on a PvE realm complains about PvP and you condescendingly state they will be gone in an hour?

Well newsflash, It is a PvE realm and as such he has a right to not be affected by PvP..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
For the record you can't just create an alt on a server and invite someone and have them magically show up on the pve server. There are systems in place to prevent that kind of behaviour.

For example people get pulled to the server with the most amount of people from it in the group, additionally I'm pretty sure you always get pulled to the higher level toons server.

What I'm guessing happened is you had two people from a PVE server that decided to go disrupt hellfire for a bit, cause guess what... being on a pve server does NOT prevent you from attacking pvp npcs, additionally if you're at the pvp objectives and flag yourself you're free game, even on a pve server, it's what you get for flaging yourself.

Don't want to die, don't flag yourself..

If they camp the npcs that can be considered zone disruption, so report them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Only if they flag themselves. PVE players cant be ganked by anyone unless they choose to be ganked.

Wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG!!!!

Stop perpetuating this myth, because it causes a lot of frustration and confusion.

You most certainly CAN get ganked without actively choosing it. There are numerous ways to accidentally and unintentionally get flagged for PvP.

And there are people who go around specifically trying to trick people into getting themselves flagged for PvP by exploiting these mechanics.
Edited by Rottingbull on 5/19/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
As far as I'm aware, the only way to get flaged without turning your flag on yourself is to attack a pvp npc, another flaged player or a players pet, please note that AoE will NOT hit pvp flagged players if you are not flaged yourself thus making the really laughable attempts to flag people that I've seen on pve servers by standing in said AoE moot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Oh or entering a non-contested enemy faction zone
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/19/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Rottingbull
There are numerous ways to accidentally and unintentionally get flagged for PvP.

Such as?
Reply Quote
05/19/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
It's attitudes like this that prevent us from having another WotLK invasion event.

Oh, you mean that event that was a griefers paradise?

I'm SO glad they ended that prematurely and said that it may have been a good idea in theory, but in practice, it caused more trouble than they imagined. With any luck, we'll never see anything that ridiculous again.
Reply Quote
05/19/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Rottingbull
You most certainly CAN get ganked without actively choosing it. There are numerous ways to accidentally and unintentionally get flagged for PvP.

...and you actually have to do those things. You choose to fly to close to WG, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
The fortifications quest is for PvP and gives hardly any xp. Don't do it because tons of level 90s go there to PvP and Hellfire Peninsula and Mount Hyjal are like the only places with lots of level 90 gankers..you'll be out of those areas very soon. If it's that bad just do dungeons. Also nerfing their stats won't do anything if they're attacking lowbies... If you're a PvE geared level 90 and getting killed by a PvP geared 90 you won't have to deal with it that much longer, because everyone gets 65% resil and PvP power's getting nerved. People in heroic PvE gear will be able to kill someone in Tyrannical PvP gear probably... Oh and also, why would you even be flagged on a PvE server? You're not automatically flagged, so you shouldn't be getting ganked unless you were dumb enough to flag yourself. The quest npcs may be getting camped, but that's it. There are other questing spots in most zones.
Edited by Tríplex on 5/19/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Was kinda hard to read the OP, no offence all the post crammed together like that.

However, people killing questgivers is not pvp.... it's PVE. Sure it's griefing on a PvE server and it can be reported there if it goes on for an excessive amount of time. Which I suggest you do.

However there's no way for them to kill you unless you enter the PvP towers in hellfire which autoflag you as it's a PvP objective. yes PvP objectives still exist on PvE realms because people DO choose to PvP occasionally on them. A PvE realm is not PvP free.. never has been and never will be. It's entirely down to player choice though whether they participate or not.

Now all these complaints about getting tricked into flagging are bunk. It's down to inattention. There's no way you can be flagged unless you're not paying attention to where you are going, what you are attacking or what is in the surrounding area.

Once you learn this then it's easy to avoid flagging on a pve realm. (I've sat in the middle of honour hold on one of my lowbie alts on a pve realm whilst a horde raid has been nuking it to kingdom come. I was unable to be killed by them... no matter what they did) ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG!!!!

Stop perpetuating this myth, because it causes a lot of frustration and confusion.

And there are people who go around specifically trying to trick people into getting themselves flagged for PvP by exploiting these mechanics.

Like what? Going into a PvP zone like Wintergrasp? Attacking a flagged player? It's incredibly hard to trick someone into getting flagged these days.

Also, as said, repeated killing of quest givers can be reported. Ganking in PvP fortifications is allowed because those are PvP fortifications. You can get ganked there by PvE players too.
Edited by Aerae on 5/19/2013 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]