Warning: reputation basher

90 Human Paladin
The person is mentally unstable. Internet anonymity or not, sane, stable, rational people don't do this. You can't reason with this person, so ignore and report and stop trying to find a reason, there isn't one.
Reply Quote
Shortly after arriving here I had someone badmouth my guild to other GMs and even go so far as to make passive-aggressive forum posts. I spent weeks fielding whispers and even one other guild leader's attempt to 'mediate' our 'dispute' when what this person was doing was straight up harassing me and my guild members.

The worst part about it was that in the end I had to produce screenshots showing that I was not at all responsible for whatever bad behavior this person was accusing me and my guild members of perpetuating, but by then I'm sure the damage had been done. The one person who bothered me for over an hour in whispers until I linked them screenshots could not at all outweigh the other people this jerk had spoken to who probably just quietly made a note to avoid me and mine. I never once sank to 'trying to get my side out' or responding on the forums, but this person ran their mouth all over the place (as evidenced by the leaders/officers of FIVE SEPARATE GUILDS that messaged me with some form of chiding or angry message), and I bet to this day there's people who believe things of my guild members that are actually absolutely untrue.

Whilst my experiences here on WrA have been by and large very positive, I have had to deal with that sort of thing here. My advice to you, OP, is not to respond to this thread. It's tempting to want to get the story straight, but you frequently draw more attention to the negativity than you might have had to weather otherwise.

(redtext that isn't red because I forgot how to grammar)

You gotta remember Mena there are surprising amount of people on this realm who jumped ship from Sentinels, <SoL> has been around for a long time on two realms now it could have been anyone from Sents, Horde or Alliance on another name that simply didn't like you guys and were trying to ruin your rep. I've been told that Zeldadork and his crew of worthless degenerates moved here too and rolled Alliance it could have been anyone from the old days heh.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Having seen this sort of thing both from within and without a guild, I actually have something further to suggest: Be the antithesis of slander and it won't stick.

Are you being called elitist? Find ways to engage people you've never met before. Lore-breaking? May as well take the time to review your MRP. OOCly unpleasant? Look for opportunities to pipe up with something friendly in general chat.

Not only does this nullify the things being said against you and yours, but if anything it seems to count for double. Not only have you wildly exceeded some lowered expectations, but you've also shown that you don't get bogged down in nonsense. That's the hallmark of cool cats everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
[quote]Just remember to report and ticket but not talk to the person doing it. If you try confronting said person before reporting, it becomes an interpersonal dispute instead of one sided harassment and it's far more unlikely that Blizzard will get involved.

That right there. THAT RIGHT GOD-DAMN THERE. If you are getting harassed, don't try talking to the person to try and settle the matter like adults, just report and walk away, and I am NOT being nasty here.

I'm just going to quote this because it needs to be expressed repeatedly until everyone understands it. We've all been raised with the concept that being an adult is learning how to talk through conflicts. It's something you are going to have to break yourself from, because the moment you muddy those waters with trying to 'talk reasonably' with someone, it stops being harassment and starts being a difference of opinion.

I am the WORST offender when it comes to text walls Drove, but QFT and for clarity so people don't have to dig.

I recommend everyone read everything here but this is the point being made.

EDIT- Hildan, that has to be the wisest thing on the internet. A netcookie to you sir.
Edited by Rulaandri on 5/21/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I am the WORST offender when it comes to text walls Drove, but QFT and for clarity so people don't have to dig.

lol comes from being a paralegal back before I settled on my current career.. and then having to clarify WAY too much crap from editors/publishers/various clients, etc. I end up doing walls of text to get my point across exactly how I want it, with all the variables accounted for that might occur to me *grin*.
Reply Quote
The person is mentally unstable. Internet anonymity or not, sane, stable, rational people don't do this. You can't reason with this person, so ignore and report and stop trying to find a reason, there isn't one.

Man don't reduce this to "this person is crazy' because that kind of puts the fault up in the air. They're not crazy or mentally unstable or anything.

They're just jerks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/21/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Viezra

Man don't reduce this to "this person is crazy' because that kind of puts the fault up in the air. They're not crazy or mentally unstable or anything.

They're just jerks.

It doesn't change fault at all. It's still their fault. Stable people don't do this stuff, period. Stable people with internet anonymity troll your RP now and then, and act insensitive when they hurt your feelings. They do not go out of their way constantly to harass entire groups of people on a consistent, drawn out basis that apparently spans several years and servers. This person is crazy, whether you like it or not. Society holds crazy people accountable for their actions, the fault is not left "up in the air", it is in fact still squarely on the instigator's shoulders.
Reply Quote
Just right-click report and then ticket with character name, server time, and use words like "ongoing harassment" in the headline and body.

Don't talk to the guy. Don't respond to him. Just report and move on.

If you have friends who are on, have them also report and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

They're just jerks.

I don't know. My friend and I had a recent run-in with a certain "reputation basher" who we're pretty sure is off their rocker. That's not to say they're unaccountable for their actions, though. They most certainly are.

But I digress. I hope the OP is as fortunate as we were -- as we've been the bigger people from the get-go and the majority of those involved acknowledged that, thus resulting in very short-lived drama -- and this problem gets nipped in the bud soon!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'd like to extend a huge helping of gratitude to all of you on the forums and on the server as well. This entire ordeal has affected me a great deal, but knowing so many are supportive and give no power this !@#$%^- makes it that much easier to deal with.

So thank you, again. THANK YOU.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
The number of compassionate and well thought out responses directed your way by the obviously intelligent people who've come to your aide speaks highly of the caliber of House Haethon.

Can't say I've met any of you yet, but based on a sampling of the quality people who've defended you in this thread, I'd RP with ya'll.
Reply Quote

They're just jerks.

It doesn't change fault at all. It's still their fault. Stable people don't do this stuff, period. Stable people with internet anonymity troll your RP now and then, and act insensitive when they hurt your feelings. They do not go out of their way constantly to harass entire groups of people on a consistent, drawn out basis that apparently spans several years and servers. This person is crazy, whether you like it or not. Society holds crazy people accountable for their actions, the fault is not left "up in the air", it is in fact still squarely on the instigator's shoulders.

No, they really are just jerks. Someone doesn't have to be mentally ill to get a bee in their bonnet and act on it.

Signed a person with a genuine mental illness.

ETA: OP, I hope the GMs are swift to deal with this !@#$%^-. This sort of thing ain't fun to deal with at all.
Edited by Matojo on 6/5/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Rogue

No, they really are just jerks. Someone doesn't have to be mentally ill to get a bee in their bonnet and act on it.

ETA: OP, I hope the GMs are swift to deal with this !@#$%^-. This sort of thing ain't fun to deal with at all.

Seconded.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haters gonna Hate.
Reply Quote

Seconded.

Thirded.

And I hope that everything is worked out for the best for everyone involved. Just continue to be excellent no matter how much it feels sucky.

Nothing pisses off someone who dislikes you more than seeing you succeed and be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Edited by Rilgan on 6/7/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
BOnk
Edited by Rilgan on 6/7/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]