Stop Ganking with 40% resilience

100 Night Elf Hunter
Lately, ive been seeing players attempting full on assaults with 0 resilience gear. Is there some exploit or trick I dont know about? Obviously trying to gank people in cities is fun but why come unprepared?!

Maybe with Contender's / Dreadful pvp you will beat them with end game pve gear ( depending on factors ) but attacking full malevolent / tyrannical players like that is ridiculous. I almost feel bad as I obliterate them.

Just stop. Put the pvp gear on. Yes I know it lowers your damage and you cant do those big hits but youve got a glass jaw for Christ's sake!
Edited by Raygar on 5/8/2013 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
They might be newer players who only raid. They score in top of dps chart so they think they they can nuke a player with a fraction of that boss health no problem. I only guess this because in BC I mainly raided and made the same mistake a few times before truly understanding the difference between the gear that dropped in those runs and what the arena geared enemy was wearing.

Also, you are kinda known on this server. Like the big guy in prison, people see you and want to try to show you up :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
i go into BGs with full pve gear, is that ok?

also hi nixxe

also hi baron

also hi tiffany
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
HEY STOP STANDING ON ME IN THE FORUM YOU JERK
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Nixxie. In my post you will notice I said "depend on factors". On a complimentary note you are a different story. Capital Vices, Twisted, all the name brand horde guilds on Eredar etc. I wasnt specific enough but I mean these average players.

Also Nixxie did you ever get my apology? I made a joke about yahoo comments and thought I might have offended you so I sent you an apology on my horde toon.

And Hey sir Adam! Yes that is ok, because you have TEAM MATES to help make up for it. These people are doin solo assaults and crap.

And tiff, they arent noobs. They are known players sometimes. I wont mention names out of respect. Lastly Tiff, thanks for the compliment :P That made my night actually. Im suffering from my reactive Hypoglycemia today and having to eat a lot of Jolly Ranchers or else I get weak.
Edited by Raygar on 5/9/2013 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
HEY STOP STANDING ON ME IN THE FORUM YOU JERK

nixxe where do i stand for this fight can i stand on you
i'm standing on you

nixxe why did we die
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Also Nixxie did you ever get my apology? I made a joke about yahoo comments and thought I might have offended you so I sent you an apology on my horde toon.

Don't you dare ever apologize to Nixxe he is a scumbag.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

It is literally impossible to offend me.

nixxe where do i stand for this fight can i stand on you
i'm standing on you

nixxe why did we die

:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ AOESJHFIKSJHDFIDSJFKSDKFJDSJL:FKDSJFJDSK:FK:DSK:FADS

Nixxe he is a scumbag

Scumbag lyf
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I've been making this mistake all expansion long. I thought PVP gear made a big difference in TBC but the deficit between a PVP and PVE geared player is worse this expansion than it's ever been. I had a PVP geared ret paladin kill me 100 to 0 in literally 5 seconds the other day, and this guy was 20 ilvl lower than me. Feels like vanilla!
Edited by Phine on 5/10/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I've been making this mistake all expansion long. I thought PVP gear made a big difference in TBC but the deficit between a PVP and PVE geared player is worse this expansion than it's ever been. I had a PVP geared ret paladin kill me 100 to 0 in literally 5 seconds the other day, and this guy was 20 ilvl lower than me. Feels like vanilla!

Well on a serious note ( lol Phine ), quality and ilevel of the gear can make a difference or rather be a factor. Personally I loved the BC pvp system better, you could literally fight multiple opponents that were wearing pve gear and win if you had full pvp on.

I was in AV during that glorious time and got jumped by FIVE players and killed 4 of them before they took me down. This was also when Bestial Wrath really WAS godmode ( 18 seconds of CC immunity for YOU and the pet ).
Edited by Raygar on 5/12/2013 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I attacked you the other day purely out of fun, I had like half health but I remember your name from the forums and I have actually never seen you out in the world. I couldn't let the opportunity to fight you pass, I still got an idea of how good you're in pvp so mission accomplished on my part. Didn't think you would go and make a forum thread on me having abit of fun though lol O.o
Edited by Vaspein on 5/11/2013 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
They might be newer players who only raid. They score in top of dps chart so they think they they can nuke a player with a fraction of that boss health no problem. I only guess this because in BC I mainly raided and made the same mistake a few times before truly understanding the difference between the gear that dropped in those runs and what the arena geared enemy was wearing.

Also, you are kinda known on this server. Like the big guy in prison, people see you and want to try to show you up :)

I ain't no noob! But you're right about him being known lol! I was like omg this is the first time I saw him out in the world ever! I couldnt just let him fly away like that. His skills in camping let much to be desired though :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I attacked you the other day purely out of fun, I had like half health but I remember your name from the forums and I have actually never seen you out in the world. I couldn't let the opportunity to fight you pass, I still got an idea of how good you're in pvp so mission accomplished on my part. Didn't think you would go and make a forum thread on me having abit of fun though lol O.o

No not at all. This thread is about someone else lol. It was a druid actually that made me make the thread.This guy was camping the Shrine of the 7 Stars. I wouldnt make a thread about you in such a case, cause I know you were just either testing something or messing around, to attack me with such low health.Sorry about the confusion Vaspein buddy <3. Btw i know its not much, but I can get you some contender's starter gear if you want. Its lower item level but has resilience. Dreadful would be harder for me to come by.

Also I dont know HOW you dont see me often, although I usually get on after midnight, sometimes 3 am server when i log in. I have a vampire schedule. I also like the night setting of the game.

Lastly, my camping skills are pretty good. It depends on the "violation" of the initial attack. I have this personal "code" i follow ( making a thread on that ).After the initial attack, I camped you and got you when you got up. In between you running back to the corpse, I armory'd you as the name seemed familiar. When you rezzed again I was right there within firing range, but didnt attack out of respect :) Promise on my mommys eyes!

I guess I should have titled my thread better lol.

Cheers,
Baron Raygar
Edited by Raygar on 5/12/2013 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
05/12/2013 07:05 AMPosted by Raygar
No not at all. This thread is about someone else lol. It was a druid actually that made me make the thread.This guy was camping the Shrine of the 7 Stars.

Aww, I didn't think the things I do out of sheer boredom would be so harshly criticized.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
When does anything you do go uncriticized?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
habit can you please stop pulling consorts early

please
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
No not at all. This thread is about someone else lol. It was a druid actually that made me make the thread.This guy was camping the Shrine of the 7 Stars.

Aww, I didn't think the things I do out of sheer boredom would be so harshly criticized.

You busted me. I didnt mean to sound harsh habit nor call you out like I was cryin about it. It was you though. I apologize if it came off as an elitist prick thread <3, I just keep seeing these people I dont recognize doing that and yes you had to have been really bored to do that :P

Come to think of it, I had a clown shoe moment when I wrote this thread. The vast majority of the people that arent known that do this also most likely dont read the forums either :P
Edited by Raygar on 5/16/2013 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Don't you dare apologize to Habit.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Don't you dare apologize to Habit.

Sorry, its a "Habit"...*wink
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]