1.3 MILLION subscribers lost

100 Human Mage
You sound as confusing to me as neuroscience or string theory physics probably sounds to you..

String theory is just stupid. Eveytime they can't answer a question they just decide it's because of a new dimension!!!!! ;)

No clue about neuroscience.
100 Human Mage
05/11/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Kobatø
Pve and Pvp game balance is at an all time high.

Lol what?

Puppet.
90 Blood Elf Monk
05/11/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Fairadey

Lol what?

Puppet.

Last i checked you would have to play arena to know whether PvP is balanced.

Last i checked you have played 0.
100 Night Elf Druid
05/11/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Fairadey
It's amusing that Greg Street can consistently fail at his job and still retain it. Just saying.

It's amusing that you blame GC when it's probably Tom Chilton, World of Warcraft Game Director who tells GC what he needs to get done.

Pve and Pvp game balance is at an all time high. GC isn't lead quest, encounter or story dev either.

Thanks, you beat me to it. : )

I think it's endlessly amusing that everyone points to Jay Wilson if they're mad about Diablo 3, but not the person with the EXACT SAME JOB for complaints about WoW. lol
100 Human Mage

Puppet.

Last i checked you would have to play arena to know whether PvP is balanced.

Last i checked you have played 0.

I'm sorry. Did I claim it was balanced or did I say it was the best balanced it's ever been? Those are two distinctly different things. After all, more classe and specs are now viable in pvp than ever before, so something must be right.
90 Human Rogue
Add 2 more k thnx bye
100 Human Mage
Thanks, you beat me to it. : )

I think it's endlessly amusing that everyone points to Jay Wilson if they're mad about Diablo 3, but not the person with the EXACT SAME JOB for complaints about WoW. lol

Probably because GC attempts to engage the community while Moinham keeps Kalgan under lock and key away from talking to anyone ever not inside the Blizzard building. He and Tigole make GC look like Bill Clinton when it comes to charisma. Not that I have any issues with GC; people love to say he's rude, yet Zarhym is 100x's more rude and people love him for it and he's a community manager.
I was one of those who quit last quarter, just reactivated like 5 min ago.
I can tell you exactly what made me leave.
It was because the game has become so damn tedious, the dailies,the rep gates, the BOP mats,fighting people from a bunch of different servers for prof.mats.

It all combines to make playing this game feel heavy, it doesn't feel FUN, it feels like anytime you try and do anything you are dragging a 100 pound rock behind you.

Blizzard, in an attempt to slow everyone down,has as always,gone way too far and crushed the feeling of personal progression. Sure you can play all day but the problem is you do that and still don't feel like you've gotten anything done.

Heck the only reason I'm back (and I'm willing to bet it will be only for a month) is I just had surgery and have the next month off work to recover or heck I wouldn't even be here now either.

I used to come home after work,log in for a few hours,run LFR and do some dailies, maybe get some gear if I was lucky. But MoP has been so oppressive in it's max level content that those few hours a night aren't enough it seems to really get anything accomplished.

Sorry for the long post but there it is, just one out of 1.3 million reasons we left.
90 Undead Warlock
Pve and Pvp game balance is at an all time high. GC isn't lead quest, encounter or story dev either.

Except that isn't what most of us are even talking about, and even if Chilton passes something on to Street to fix, edit or whatever, it's still Street's fault that a mistake was made and why we're in a perpetual cycle of patches that are basically PvP/PvE adjustments.

[quote][quote]

I'm sorry. Did I claim it was balanced or did I say it was the best balanced it's ever been? Those are two distinctly different things. After all, more classe and specs are now viable in pvp than ever before, so something must be right.

You said the balance was at an all time high. You're back-peddling.
Edited by Ecraseur on 5/11/2013 7:32 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
I used to come home after work,log in for a few hours,run LFR and do some dailies, maybe get some gear if I was lucky. But MoP has been so oppressive in it's max level content that those few hours a night aren't enough it seems to really get anything accomplished.

There is too much gating. There isn't enough time to work on your main and alts unless you're super dedicated or lucky. I think GC is starting to realize this and that MoP has gone too far from the cata concern where seemingly people were able to catch up and keep up so quickly they felt like they had nothing to do.

Has to find a happy medium. This would be a Chilton and all the leads error, not just GC.
90 Human Rogue
Me I quit all my accounts today its like a full time job. PVE is a grind because of all the dailys to even make any real guild look at you I am not that addicted where I am willing to sacrifice my IRL needs for this game.

They have made a lot of things solo as well and the cross realm farming no thanks GC killed this game in just 2 XPACS yay we got pandas whats next to keep us in a mulocs I just want things a tad simpler even hard core players are getting to the point they hit the UNSUB button.
100 Human Mage
Except that isn't true, and even if Chilton passes something on to Street to fix, edit or whatever, it's still Street's fault that a mistake was made and why we're in a perpetual cycle of patches that are basically PvP adjustments and a new (maybe) raid or scenario.

Pvp fixes have happened since before arena, perpetually. This is nothing new.
Also, GC isn't the whole team and Holinka is now the lead pvp dev, so take your angst to him.

Pardo and company couldn't balance a weeble wobble, they would find a way to make it fall down. From only those in tier gear dominating to warriors with gm gear, to shadow priests in vanilla, to stun herald, sl/sl locks, to mini pvp god disc priests that took an entire team to take down in bc.

Wrath and cata were both balance after balance after balance changes each month as well. Nothing new at all to tweaks and changes monthly for pvp reasons.
100 Human Mage
You said the balance was at an all time high. You're back-peddling.
I'm not back peddling. Balance with 34 spec is impossible, and you and I know this as do the devs who's jobs it is to know these things.
94 Blood Elf Paladin
If they don't somehow merge servers so that populations are high, people will continue to leave.

My brother just quit because he didn't want to pay $25 x 8 to move his toons to a server where there was more then 10 of us playing.
61 Blood Elf Rogue
All I have to say is that making things easier is not always the best option. Sure, it was tedious finding groups to play with, whether it be for a group quest or for a raid, but that was all part of the fun and you met people that way.
You also met the people in your community (ie your server) and you quickly learned who to play with and who to avoid. Again, all part of the fun. Now, things like LFR/LFD and CRZ have completely destroyed server communities.
Edited by Nauske on 5/11/2013 8:12 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
05/11/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Fairadey
Just cancelled both of my accounts. One expires in 9 days and this one in August. Threads like this pointed out the futility of continuing to play the game.

What futility?

That a lot of subs were lost in a market that may be marginal at best when it comes to profits? One that could rebound without notice?

That yes, the NA/Euro subs had some losses but when you look at the length of time WoW has been around and the staggering amount of subs it still has, it's almost a miracle?

Your right to cancel your subs, but i'm not sure I understand the futility you're talking about. :)

Irony... It is lost on you.
91 Night Elf Hunter
05/11/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Ecraseur
Pvp game balance is at an all time high.
You can't tell me with a straight face that PvP is balanced.
90 Blood Elf Monk
05/11/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Mauklindaufe
Pvp game balance is at an all time high.
You can't tell me with a straight face that PvP is balanced.

Balance being at an all time high does not mean its balanced. But that it is closer to balance than it has been in the past.

That is what they are suggesting is that the balance between all of the classes/specs is as close to balance as its gotten since WoW's inception.

making things easier is not always the best option

While I agree the real issue is that these tools just need some fixes to them that would give the community as a whole its ability to black-list trolls, ninjas and other idiots as we did in Vanilla and BC.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]