1.3 MILLION subscribers lost

90 Blood Elf Rogue
The point everyone seems to be missing is the fact that WoW is losing subscribers, not gaining. They're still the highest number in terms of subscription based MMOs? Sure. But percentage wise, subscriptions are dropping a lot more than those other MMOs.
10 Troll Druid
It's not just the constant daily grind. It's the grind overall - people don't want to "work" to play a game. That's what it comes down to.
90 Goblin Hunter
MMO Champion post says that the loss was mostly from the East for what it's worth
90 Orc Hunter
Oh look, its a WoW Is Dead thread mixed with a little "Everything is GC's fault".
12 Pandaren Shaman
05/08/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Nourah
Oh no they lost subscribers even though they are still number 1! We'd better get ready for the game to die....

If this trend continues, within the next couple of years this will definitely not be the #1 most subscribed MMO. It's easy to dismiss the numbers (which is always done for some reason), but I do think Blizzard needs to pay attention and implement changes ASAP.

Wow, really? If the trend continues then WoW will be ten years old soon. How many games have the same number of people playing them ten years later? Ohwait, none.
100 Human Death Knight
Oh no, there's only eight million of us left.
And probley 2 million of those have two accounts and another 2 don't play every day.

Thus ton of empty servers.
100 Draenei Shaman
According to MMo-champ most of the losses came from the East. I am guessing WoW is facing stiff competition there.
100 Human Paladin
truly dismal haha

I suspect the boost in earnings was from their other games, like Skylanders - which my son absolutely loves.

1.3m subs lost in 3 months is Big
90 Pandaren Warrior
Do you see it as "OMG Blizz lost 1.3 million subs!!!" or "geezuz 8.3 million subs is still a !@#$ton of people!"?
90 Pandaren Hunter
Time to polish off my Warrior and Mesmer :/
100 Human Paladin
That's it. I quit!

There aren't enough people to play with anymore!
100 Human Paladin
8 years and still 8 million + strong?

I'd say they're still doing just fine.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well most of the loss came from the east.

There's no need to sweat people. We may have lost some, but WoW ain't dead.
Edited by Honeypot on 5/8/2013 1:34 PM PDT
32 Tauren Priest
The sky is falling!!!

There's probably more people there than a total in new MMOs.
Edited by Hownow on 5/8/2013 1:33 PM PDT
90 Undead Death Knight
I think it has more of the fact that this game has been around forever and people are just getting tired of it.
90 Human Monk
MMO's are a dying breed any way. There are tons of FTP options, most of them just clones of each other, most of them with barely enough population to call themselves MMO's, most of them making a killing out of micro-transactions.

This is an 8 years old game, you can't possibly expect to keep 11 million people interested for 8 years, especially considering the demographics.
100 Human Paladin
I think it has more of the fact that this game has been around forever and people are just getting tired of it.

Thats pretty much it.

People can blame whatever they want, but 8 years is ancient in MMO terms
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]