LFD role select and queues

51 Human Paladin
I am curious about the logic behind the LFD tool and how it places me in queue. I select tank and heal and will go as either *whatever makes me get into the dungeon faster*. However, I have noticed that the tool seems to sometimes pick one of the roles and queue you as that, regardless of what the queue needs to form the fastest group. Why is this? If I choose multiple roles, that means I want in as fast as possible regardless of what role it is. Please, fix the logic on this tool, it will speed up queues in general.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Punchinjudy
I am curious about the logic behind the LFD tool and how it places me in queue. I select tank and heal and will go as either *whatever makes me get into the dungeon faster*.

Sometimes there's too many tanks/healers and you need to wait on DPS.

It does happen, especially in the lower level dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Having just leveled through and having this issue, sometimes it's faster to just select one of the Tank/Healer roles and always have DPS on there.
Reply Quote
51 Human Paladin
05/08/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Inushi
I am curious about the logic behind the LFD tool and how it places me in queue. I select tank and heal and will go as either *whatever makes me get into the dungeon faster*.

Sometimes there's too many tanks/healers and you need to wait on DPS.

It does happen, especially in the lower level dungeons.
That isn't the problem. I queued as both tank and heals. The tool chose to queue me as heals and gave me an estimated time of 26 mins. I left the queue and requeued as just a tank and got into a dungeon immediately. That isn't right.
Reply Quote
If you had stayed in the queue, it would have flipped you automatically. The estimated time in the pop-up fluctuates.
Reply Quote
51 Human Paladin
If you had stayed in the queue, it would have flipped you automatically. The estimated time in the pop-up fluctuates.
And I am telling you it doesn't. If I wasn't checking I would have been in queue over 20 minutes. This has happened before on my shaman when I queued as heals and dps, on the off chance dps was actually needed. Any time dps came up it gave me crazy wait times. If I turned off dps I always get the quicker heal queues. It would never switch automatically if it chose one role for me already.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]