Feral Druid survivability

90 Troll Druid
Where has it gone? More importantly, does agility not increase dodge anymore? Dodge was a huge part of our survivability. Doing some of the isle of thunder dailies the mobs hit me so much harder than i can self heal sometimes. What happened?

My warrior is way different even without gear he had no trouble. Have we really suffered that much in that area? When did we become so reliant on our self heals to keep us up in combat?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/08/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Dissertate
Doing some of the isle of thunder dailies the mobs hit me so much harder than i can self heal sometimes. What happened?

You've got Barkskin, SI, Might of Ursic, Pred Swiftness every time it procs, and the Tier 2 talent, and bear-FR.. that's a lot of healing/mitigation. You can always back off (run / cyclone / bash / vortex / root / etc) and hard-cast some heals, or even bandage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
RoC
I'm also going to point out your gear.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I dont understand how people are saying that feral, one of the highest survivability dps specs in the game, is squishy.

We have a Shield Wall in kitty form, Bear form + Might of Urzok, barskin + glyph is amazing ... and is only a 1m CD, we have extremely high mobility and can shift roots, crazy amounts of CC and can proc Self Heals that can get buffed by both Dream of Cenarious as well as glyph Kittyform. I have literally taken myself from 20% to full in form w/ 1 heal and made a ret pally Cry.

On top of all this, depending on what class you Sym ... you can have a GD pally bubble or priest dispersion. Srsly, how the f' is that squishy?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're wearing 455 ilvl equipment in a zone introduced in patch 5.2 and tuned for around a 480 ilvl. It will be hard, but not impossible. You'd have to be careful and use the entire toolkit.

When did we become so reliant on our self heals to keep us up in combat?

When feral became able to cast instant Healing Touch in cat form every 20-45 seconds. If feral had serious damage reduction and powerful self-healing it would be unstoppable in pvp.

Using Predatory Swiftness procs for Healing Touch is usually more than enough to take care of damage. That heal is massive most of the time. But if you have crappy gear, your agility is low and your heals will be weak with a low chance to crit. Then there's all the other tools ferals have. Use the tools or die.

05/08/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Dissertate
Dodge was a huge part of our survivability.

Dodge has been changed for everyone. Not even tanks have a high dodge rating.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

We have a Shield Wall in kitty form, Bear form + Might of Urzok, barskin + glyph is amazing ... and is only a 1m CD, we have extremely high mobility and can shift roots, crazy amounts of CC and can proc Self Heals that can get buffed by both Dream of Cenarious as well as glyph Kittyform. I have literally taken myself from 20% to full in form w/ 1 heal and made a ret pally Cry.

On top of all this, depending on what class you Sym ... you can have a GD pally bubble or priest dispersion. Srsly, how the f' is that squishy?

this has nothing to do with the fact that mobs are hitting me for 30k consistantly and fast. How will gear change any of that if all it will do is let me heal maybe a little sooner.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
War
@Dissertate- this has nothing to do with the fact that mobs are hitting me for 30k consistantly and fast. How will gear change any of that if all it will do is let me heal maybe a little sooner.

oh idk...higher armor values? higher stam values? for starters
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

this has nothing to do with the fact that mobs are hitting me for 30k consistantly and fast. How will gear change any of that if all it will do is let me heal maybe a little sooner.

For one, better gear/weapon would help you kill them faster, allowing you to take less damage from one mob before it dies.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
feral is muuuuuuuuch squishier in pvp at least than it was in cata. I used to play feral tons in cata and now I feel like I get globaled every time a stun/fear comes my way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]