Poisons and Fishing

90 Night Elf Rogue
Just wondering if there were any plans to allow the Poison buffs to stay applied when switching to from weapons to fishing poles and other non weapon types that are equipped to those slots.

Personally id like to see poisons become similar to runeforges and have their power increased slightly to make up for other weapon buffs. Also a unique enchant graphic would be cool for each poison.
Reply Quote
48 Undead Rogue
05/10/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Apollunaris
any plans to allow the Poison buffs to stay applied

We used to have this.

05/10/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Apollunaris
a unique enchant graphic would be cool

We used to have this too. How I miss watching the green poison dribble from my blades...
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/252110-slight-annoyance-concerning-poisons-and-weapon-change/

"We’ll share this with the devs and if there’s any update on this subject we’ll let you know."

He either lied or he actually shared it but the devs didn't care...clearly one or the other
Reply Quote
You do not need to switch to fishing poles to fish or even have one in your bag. They changed this a while ago.

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
You do not need to switch to fishing poles to fish or even have one in your bag. They changed this a while ago.

/thread

question: do you still get +fishing skill from a pole in your bags if it's not equipped?
Reply Quote
62 Pandaren Rogue
do you still get +fishing skill from a pole in your bags if it's not equipped?

I don't think so. So the ability to fish without a pole is much less useful than it seems, except at the very lowest levels. I think you also can't use a lure without a pole, since they work as enchants on your pole.

Maybe they should bring back the ranged/relic slot as a fishing pole slot, so that fishing poles wouldn't have to take up bag space or your weapon slot.

A poisoned fishing pole would be silly (and I think most attacks can't be used with a fishing pole anyway), but at least it should work like Shaman weapon enchants where the weapon keeps the poison in case you switch back to it if you get attacked while fishing (or if you want to go kill something else after you're done fishing). Does it not do that already?

Making them work like runeforges might be a bad idea though -- runeforges conflict with enchants. Poison only conflicts with things like sharpening stones, which don't even exist at high levels anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Making them work like runeforges might be a bad idea though -- runeforges conflict with enchants. Poison only conflicts with things like sharpening stones, which don't even exist at high levels anyway.
It would only be a bad idea if they didn't redesign them to be competitive with weapon enchants. Much like Runeforges are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

it's a very bad idea period. the ability to swap rogue poisons on the fly is one of the things which makes them so great.
Reply Quote
48 Undead Rogue
/thread

Forgetting the part about the graphic? I just love people who walk in halfway through something and declare it "done".

: )
Reply Quote
My pole has a damage range, so why cant I use poisons on it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]