Garrosh's fate

90 Night Elf Hunter
Well, since Blizzard has said SoO is going to be the victory Alliance fans have been asking for*, not giving the kill to an Alliance person would be rather foolish. It would just be 5.3 all over again.

*Note: I do think it works as the Alliance victory, but that is what Blizzard has stated.

Your statement implies that you feel Alliance haven't had any victories in MoP. What would you like to see happen?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Given all the much more interesting characters they killed off over the years, I really don't see the issue with them killing off a guy they pretty much set up for this.

"Petty revenge" is down playing the murder of thousands of innocent people. People instinctively want retribution- do not act like you're above it.

Who are these innocent people? Are you talking about the army of the Alliance at war with the orcs trying to wipe them out? Or maybe you were referring to the military base of Theramore that launched an attack on the Horde in 4 zones and Garrosh bombed after civilians had been evacuated?

I honestly don't get people like this.

People want to know why Blizzard made Garrosh just blatantly, foaming at the mouth evil instead of a bit more nuanced. Well - they'll probably point at stuff like this. This is the reason.

"Look, we tried. We really did. We wanted Garrosh to be one of those people who genuinely thinks he's doing good for his people, but then just gets swept up by his own nationalism. Y'know, a monster in the eyes of his enemies, a tyrant in the eyes of his own people, whose supporters go farther and farther, all in the name of the Horde until they can't even tell when they crossed a line. But he had noble goals at the start. It just didn't work out how he hoped it would.

But, well, people couldn't follow that.

At this point, we're pretty much resorting to screaming, right at the player. GARROSH IS EVIL! HE IS A BAD GUY! HE IS NOT NICE! HE KILLS PUPPIES AND PUNCHES OLD LADIES AND DOESN'T WASH HIS HANDS AFTER HE USES THE BATHROOM. BECAUSE HE IS EVIL!

... We were worried it was a bit over the top - but we're still having trouble getting through to some of the playerbase."
Edited by Sylassanna on 5/12/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I mean, seriously.

"We have people who don't think blowing up Theramore was a bad thing."
"... What, really?"
"Yep. It was a tactical decision. Y'know, should've been done."
"Uh. But... It's supposed to be a moment where the Horde looks at what they've done, and realizes they finally went too far. I mean, did they see the huge graveyard? I specifically asked for a huge graveyard outside of Theramore's crater. Was that done?"
"Yep. It's there. They're still saying it was justified."
"... Well, crap. What else can we do?"
"He could try to assassinate Vol'Jin. People like Vol'Jin. Oh, and let's have him get obsessed with mastering clearly evil powers."
"How will we show that they're evil?"
"We might have to just say it outright. Subtlety isn't working."
"You sure this isn't too much?"
"If anything, I don't think it goes far enough. We should probably have Garrosh beat up a young boy. Just to make sure."
Edited by Sylassanna on 5/12/2013 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warrior
I just finished reading tides of war and garrosh even says that he wants to use demons to fight the alliance he doesn't care about his fathers legacy anymore the only thing he cares about is destroying the alliance and he will do anything to do that so when a clever demon slips in and says "hey buddy, you know I could send in thousands of demons and wipe stormwind off the map if you drink my blood." he'll do it hes gonna bring the burning legion back to azeroth
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]