Dawn of the Aspects Discussion

So first of all I'll obviously put this:

SPOILER ALERT!

I noticed there isn't any threads, at least one not created in the past few months, that were a discussion thread about the new Dawn of the Aspects ebooks that have been coming out so I figured I would make one.

So we obviously know that Tyr has finally made an appearance in books which is awesome.

I've also really enjoyed getting some insight to the Aspects prior to knowing them now and their thinking even if they aren't as sentient as they are now.

Also curious if Malygos and such were some of the first Proto Dragons to develop sentience.

Many more questions in my head about the books and what they entail, but hopefully some of you all can share your insights and questions and we can have a friendly intelligent discussion about them.

Edit: I know there are the Threads created by the blues with the excerpt, but they might get a little clogged with questions about how to acquire book and such where here I'm hoping they don't. Plus they don't have much of a discussion going on.
Edited by Haaely on 5/11/2013 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
But... we've had discussion threads as each chapter has come out?

Anyway... after Kalec found the corpse of proto-Malygos in the present, I've been wondering if maybe they're not the Aspects after all. If maybe the Aspects were only named after these proto-dragons and nothing more?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
that could have been an illusion by the artifact, or perhaps kalec simply mistook the identity of the dead dragons in his panic.

also i think everyones waiting for the story to finish to discuss it in depth.
Reply Quote
But... we've had discussion threads as each chapter has come out?

Anyway... after Kalec found the corpse of proto-Malygos in the present, I've been wondering if maybe they're not the Aspects after all. If maybe the Aspects were only named after these proto-dragons and nothing more?

That's just for one part though and if you try and keep it all in one place then all the information and theories and stuff would be all together instead of going to a bunch of different threads for it all.

To your question though I was curious as well and confused. At first I believed it to be just something he dreamed up or imagined, but then that didn't really fit well.

My crazy theory on that was when they chose them as the Aspects they designed and built newer bodies for the Aspects perhaps? They then transferred their consciousnesses and everything into said bodies. Then I kind of realized that sounded crazy.

The similarities between the Proto-dragons and current Dragons are quite similar, although Ysera has been very puzzling and I'm curious to see what her plan is, so I would think they are the same at least.
Reply Quote
that could have been an illusion by the artifact, or perhaps kalec simply mistook the identity of the dead dragons in his panic.

also i think everyones waiting for the story to finish to discuss it in depth.

Yes because that's stopped people before about the Siege and everything else in this game.

I think it's good to discuss something even if it's not completely out and build theories and such about what's going on and if you are confused on something another player might be able to answer those questions you have since I don't think Blizzard will be available for all the questions we have.

Also I kind of thought the same way about what Kalec saw.
Edited by Haaely on 5/11/2013 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/11/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Haaely
That's just for one part though

...No? All three parts have had threads...

I see your point with keeping it together though I would wait until it's done for that.
Reply Quote
Fine then just make your thread when all the parts are released and talk about it then.

Obviously no one has anything to talk about the parts that have been released.

Try and make a real thread in the Forum and just pretty much gets ignored because "Not all of it's been released".

That's obviously stopped people from blowing up about 5.3 and the rebellion or other books that have come out and people only have gotten a summary and make theories and have discussions about the possibilities for the book when it does come out.

Or heck the discussion about an expansion that hasn't even been released or mentioned and we've only seen a few hints here and there about it, but it's nice to kind of imagine and put forth your ideas of whats going to happen in the future isn't it?

Maybe we should have the 10th discussion about Garrosh and his evil doings. Or lets talk about how Sylvannas is a stark raving psychopath whose turning into the Lich Queen again.

I think we should make another Forsaken thread, haven't seen those in awhile we all need our level 10 BE Paladin fix whose name has escaped me at the moment.

Or Hell lets make another thread screaming about Tyrande and the Night Elves, don't forget to throw in some Horde Bias that Blizzard so clearly has and everyone biches about.
Edited by Haaely on 5/11/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fine then just make your thread when all the parts are released and talk about it then.

Obviously no one has anything to talk about the parts that have been released.

Try and make a real thread in the Forum and just pretty much gets ignored because "Not all of it's been released".

That's obviously stopped people from blowing up about 5.3 and the rebellion or other books that have come out and people only have gotten a summary and make theories and have discussions about the possibilities for the book when it does come out.

Or heck the discussion about an expansion that hasn't even been released or mentioned and we've only seen a few hints here and there about it, but it's nice to kind of imagine and put forth your ideas of whats going to happen in the future isn't it?

It's probably because you race-changed to Night Elf. Bunch of racists around here.

Maybe we should have the 10th discussion about Garrosh and his evil doings. Or lets talk about how Sylvannas is a stark raving psychopath whose turning into the Lich Queen again.

I think we should make another Forsaken thread, haven't seen those in awhile we all need our level 10 BE Paladin fix whose name has escaped me at the moment.

We haven't had a "good" Forsaken thread in a while, have we? It's almost too quiet....
Reply Quote
It's probably because you race-changed to Night Elf. Bunch of racists around here

I guess goodness me this Forum is quiet.

A new little 5 part book thing is out and there hasn't been 3 billion threads on 6 different things filling up within 2 days of people screaming and crying.
Edited by Haaely on 5/11/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's also because the entire plot of the book is going to be wrapped up by Jaina/Kalex sex and one of the eggs will be super special and it will show the other Aspects how foolish they are being.
Reply Quote
It's also because the entire plot of the book is going to be wrapped up by Jaina/Kalex sex and one of the eggs will be super special and it will show the other Aspects how foolish they are being.

Fine with me.

I wish they would have sex already just to get it over with already.

Aspects have already been shown how foolish they are. They gave up their powers in the stupidest fight in history and are now crying little babies acting like life is over with when they can still do some good in the world.

Although that may be the end result of these visions and such in DotA.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Haaely
It's probably because you race-changed to Night Elf. Bunch of racists around here

I guess goodness me this Forum is quiet.

A new little 5 part book thing is out and there hasn't been 3 billion threads on 6 different things filling up within 2 days of people screaming and crying.

If I had to guess, it's because DotA isn't readily available, IE, right on the site. It's not as easy to pick every little thing apart.

Uh. Who would be doing what with who's eggs in that scenario?
Reply Quote
If I had to guess, it's because DotA isn't readily available, IE, right on the site. It's not as easy to pick every little thing apart.

On that note I just want to give a kudos to Blizzard.

Instead of making this stuff easier to access and available to everyone they limit it to an ebook.

I mean COME ON!

Are they so freaking greedy for money they need to sell this stuff?

Why isn't it available through the website in some way, hell make us still pay $2 for it but make it readable ON THE WEBSITE!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why isn't it available through the website in some way, hell make us still pay $2 for it but make it readable ON THE WEBSITE!

I'd love that, but I'm also sure that people would complain about it, in the same vein as "on disk DLC", you know?
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Veloran

I'd love that, but I'm also sure that people would complain about it, in the same vein as "on disk DLC", you know?

Meaning more it shouldn't have to be paid for just if they really want to be that greedy then let us pay the small fee because even then I'm sure a lot more people would be willing to read it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

The same reason that Blood Elf 'short' story was never put up-- it's too long and unwieldy to do it like that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
From what I can tell, Sterility coming with losing aspect powers seems alittle much. Hopefully what Buniq said about the world needing dragons will bring some hope that the dragons will continue to exist. Mortal or not they still live in this world
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Who's sterile? Alexstrasza or the other Dragons(Alexstrasza is old so obviouslly she would be sterile without her immortality).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]