Paladin vs Warrior

90 Draenei Paladin
I know what you're thinking; "Not another comparison thread!" Fear not my fellow tanks for I am not here to compare but simply state that in my need for a better realm I am having to reroll and deciding between Paladin and Warrior has become excruciatingly difficult. But I have realized that Warrior tier gear is ugly as sin and nothing can compare to Paladin tier 2!
Edited by Phynxrai on 5/11/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
But I have realized that Warrior tier gear is ugly as sin and nothing can compare to Paladin tier 2!
Agreed that the MoP warrior tier sets are pretty ugly so far, but the warrior challenge mode set is far better looking than the paladin one.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh this is true, the Paladin set looks like a bug. And the Warrior t4 isn't bad, especially on a Tauren. Dang it Denizi, you are making me contradict my decision >.< :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've always liked the paladin sets, most tiers anyway (T5 *cough*). It just feels like a little extra work is put into those sets to make sure paladins look... flashy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Warrior Dreadnaught set best set.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/11/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Denizi
But I have realized that Warrior tier gear is ugly as sin and nothing can compare to Paladin tier 2!
Agreed that the MoP warrior tier sets are pretty ugly so far, but the warrior challenge mode set is far better looking than the paladin one.

I thought so too; but honestly T15 looks alright if you don't pair it with its helm.

Though the LFR colors can DIAF; too loud. This isn't T2 and I'm not a Paladin, dammit.

Warrior CM gear makes all other CM gear sets look like punks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Shaman shoulders > Warlock set > Rest
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
um t15 non tier bis is beautiful.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, you got me. Blizz didn't give you a night light hoohoo.
Edited by Phynxrai on 5/12/2013 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Wanna play a class that you can faceroll? Roll pally.

Wanna play one that requires you to stay checked in and know wtf you're doing? Roll warrior.

Having tanked on all 3 plate classes extensively since Wrath and into MoP, I feel I can fairly say that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warrior CM gear with Lei Shen helmet. THUNDER KING!
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Warrior
Warrior CM gear with Lei Shen helmet. THUNDER KING!

Your head, It looks like a soccer trophy XD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

pfft its why god invented transmog, I like them both but I like war playstyle a bit more.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warrior Dreadnaught set best set.

Yeah, too bad you can't get it anymore :( T6 is nice as well. I personally use T2 for my dps set and a mix of BC items for my tanking gear.

Wanna play a class that you can faceroll? Roll pally.

Wanna play one that requires you to stay checked in and know wtf you're doing? Roll warrior.

^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/23/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Moondra
Yeah, too bad you can't get it anymore :(

T7 is a recolor, and the original is available (sometimes) through the BMAH. If no one's bidding against you, the full 8 pieces will cost you 80k.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Both are excellent choices, as I tank along side a paladin. I wouldn't worry too much about tier looks, as you can always xmog into something you do like.

With that being said, I don't know if it gets any better than a warrior just because of the mobility you can bring, plus the amazing raid utility. We have a fury warrior that runs with us, and having the ability for two rallying cries, skull banners, and demo banners, is awesome!

I absolutely love tanking on my warrior, and I've heard paladin tanking is quite boring after a while. I've only played warrior and brewmaster tanks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ML870A5tYw

Here is a 50 minute video of preach discussing his views on the tanks so far. Please keep in mind, those are just his opinions, and everybody will not agree with them. If you have any RL friends that play a paladin or warrior tank, see if you can try them out in a dungeon or LFR and see how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
05/13/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Spärtäcus

Bahahaha, it's cute how you actually believe that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]