Player ratings / reviews

90 Blood Elf Priest
OpenRaid has a player star rating / review system.

I wonder, why not allow LFG or even random players out in the world to give either a rating or a "Like" or such to WoW players.

Not only would this be some sort of "good behavior" achievement that would encourage players to help each other, maybe add in a reward like, some event or content, etc. for the most helpful players each month, etc.?

TLDR: why not democratically encourage good behavior, instead of pure greed?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The system you describe can but used to "Troll" players but I agree with you good behavior should be encouraged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The system you describe can but used to "Troll" players but I agree with you good behavior should be encouraged.

I don't doubt there's potential for abuse everywhere, hence it might be limited to just a Like feature (like Facebook) so you can't troll anyone.

But imagine if say, players who happened to get 10 helpful votes a week from players (limit it to ratings after some actual activity to prevent vote-stuffing) were granted, say, a free run at Lei Shin palace or the like.

I can't say I have all the details but right now the only cooperation in-game is in the context of normal mode raiding, and even that can dissolve into cliques and drama, etc.

Reward good behavior and encourage players to help each other.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
why not democratically encourage good behavior

I have seen systems like this abused too often to wish to encourage creating any more of them.

Too may sad people who get their jollies by being a jerk on the Internet.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
At the end of the Battleground/Raid/Dungeon, you can award one medal to another player. This medal cannot be passed out more than once a day to the same person, from the same person. The medal grants a small amount of bonus honor/JP/VP as appropriate, with a very small chance of getting a rare drop vanity mount or pet.

Every time you award a medal, you get a small amount of gold (scaled to level) mailed to you at the daily reset the next morning; this prevents someone who's broke from just dropping medals willy-nilly to get money instantly.
Edited by Fifira on 5/12/2013 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Too may sad people who get their jollies by being a jerk on the Internet.
I get my jollies from being a jerk IRL. I do not settle for 2nd best :)

OP, Go watch trade for 10 minutes during prime time. Do you honesttly want those pople (an I use the term loosely) passing judgment on you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]