Varian Needs a Queen

90 Human Paladin
Actually it started with the question what happened to Varians queen, Anduins mother? But it's what needs to happen here. i like Varian, i like the fact that he's tough, but boy i sure would like to lighten that dark shadow that hangs over him.

Really however, what i want is for him to have an awesome, powerful, super smart, spell-ranged caster for a queen. You know a super smart, super sexy, archmage-y-type. Or a priestess, or highpriestess that opitimizes perfection (you know, in combat.)

Let's get Varian a new queen already, you guys are killin me, dang.

and what happened to Anduins mother? and was she a priest class?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
and he could have another son ( or daughter) who is a paladin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Tiffin was just a chick, apparently. Who was stoned to death during the Stonemason's revolts.
It's subtly hinted that Onxya may have guided the thrown stone.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Tiffin Wrynn was Varian's wife, and she was killed during a Stonemason riot, when someone threw a rock that hit her in the head. She wasn't any class to my knowledge, just some civilian.

05/13/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Stormlion
Or a priestess, or highpriestess that opitimizes perfection (you know, in combat.)

Don't even.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Maybe Varian has no interest in finding a new queen because he already has an heir. He just needs to keep Anduin from standing underneath any more evil bells for a few more years and he's set.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Actually it started with the question what happened to Varians queen, Anduins mother? But it's what needs to happen here. i like Varian, i like the fact that he's tough, but boy i sure would like to lighten that dark shadow that hangs over him.

Really however, what i want is for him to have an awesome, powerful, super smart, spell-ranged caster for a queen. You know a super smart, super sexy, archmage-y-type. Or a priestess, or highpriestess that opitimizes perfection (you know, in combat.)

Let's get Varian a new queen already, you guys are killin me, dang.

No. Varian is just fine without a Queen, he doesn't seem the type to get over personal loss very easily. And as far as heirs are concerned he already has one so it's not needed for political reasons either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I say why not? Look at the other leaders:

Alliance:

Varian- Widowed
Moira/Muradin/Falstad- Widowed/Never married/Never married
Gelbin- Never married
Genn- Married
Tyrande/Malfurion- Married
Velen- Never married

Horde:

Garrosh- Never married
Gallywix- Never married
Vol'jin- Never married
Sylvanas- Never married
Baine- Never married
Lor'themar- Never married

Thrall- Married

Warcraft is really lacking in leaders who aren't married. Why not add some more, and if not Varian then at least some more on the Horde side.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
Oh my god.

I just had a terrible thought.

My one story wish in the WoW universe is that Thrall would die. I wold throw a party if they killed him

However what if Blizzard kills him off during the fight with Garrosh and to foster a new peace Varian marries Aggra and raises Thralls kid as him own fostering a new era of peace.

wreeeeeewreeeeeee nooooooooooooooooo
it's just dumb enough I can imagine metzen writing this.
Reply Quote
it's just dumb enough I can imagine metzen writing this.

theres not a chance in hell metzen would ever harm thrall in a permanent way

just have varian marry a night elf or draenei to 'foster a close relationship between stormwind and darnassus/the exodar'

or sylvanas if you want !@#$ to get weird
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ever heard of the saying "an heir and a spare" ?

Most Kings (and historical leaders in general) were quick to remarry, for political and practical reasons. Of course, during this sort of historical period, half of all births were stillborn to begin with, so you needed to crank kids out. But if you look at the matter of "issue" and inheritance, there was high mortality and many Kings had both a wife and a known mistress.

Then again, it isn't like WoW humans act like actual humans anyway. They're just two-dimensional sock puppet characters. But a man in Varian's position would really be compelled by his council - and by the nobles who have an ambiguous function in Stormwind - to remarry and at a minimum give the kingdom a "spare." This is doubly true since Anduin is a Darwin Award candidate.

As for Varian still mourning Tiff...

If you look at one of the world's enduring monuments to love, the Taj Mahal, you will note that the woman buried there - Mumtaz Mahal - was one of several wives of Shah Jahan. And that she bore him 14 children, of which 7 survived to adulthood (yeah, life sucked). He undoubtedly loved her but he still did his royal duty by his other wives. As did most monarchs.

Stormwind's succession is not in a good place.
It isn't about him, it is about the country and a royal's duty to that country.
In real life anyway.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Lor themar could be that queen

I approve this message.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
05/13/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Sardana
And that she bore him 14 children, of which 7 survived to adulthood (yeah, life sucked).

Mortality rates are significantly lower, though, with easy access to divine healing.

Also, I'm really hoping that they don't bother to get a "spare" for Anduin, and that he bites it and is raised as a Forsaken. Even if he doesn't go along with Sylvanas, the Azeroth needs more kingdoms ruled by Undead.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
On a serious note, any one find it funny that arthas ended up with Jaina a princess while varian fell for some rich farm girl?
No, because you're either completely misrepresenting Tiffin, or completely failing to grasp her backstory.

Tiffin was the daughter of one of Stormwind's nobles, and her marriage to Varian was arranged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/13/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Grimauna
And that she bore him 14 children, of which 7 survived to adulthood (yeah, life sucked).

Mortality rates are significantly lower, though, with easy access to divine healing.

Also, I'm really hoping that they don't bother to get a "spare" for Anduin, and that he bites it and is raised as a Forsaken. Even if he doesn't go along with Sylvanas, the Azeroth needs more kingdoms ruled by Undead.

What? You want him to be the Lich Prince?
/pass
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I didn't see any noble house in westfall, did you? She's from westfall, a farm girl. Her daddy might have been rich enough to afford nobility but she is still from westfall.

Also in Tides of Darkness book , Stormwind original house of nobles were completely killed. From the cdev answer, Tiffin was a Stormwind kingdom native.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
What? You want him to be the Lich Prince?/pass

Sure, but like I said, I don't care if he's totally opposed to Sylvanas at all times. I just want to see Stormwind's succession thrown into a huge knot, and for the Alliance to renounce claims on Lordaeron.

If Anduin has to die and be reanimated, that's a small bonus to receive.

But no, I don't think every character in WoW has to be matched up with someone. If whoever it is is already in game, it's going to be out of character for them. If they make someone new, it's Aggra all over again. Either way, bad idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

There shouldn't be any undead kingdoms in the first place, we don't need more.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
There shouldn't be any undead kingdoms in the first place, we don't need more.

I will resist the urge to go hideously off topic.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I didn't see any noble house in westfall, did you? She's from westfall, a farm girl. Her daddy might have been rich enough to afford nobility but she is still from westfall.

Also in Tides of Darkness book , Stormwind original house of nobles were completely killed. From the cdev answer, Tiffin was a Stormwind kingdom native.
Word-for-word from the CDev answer:
"Tiffin Wrynn was originally Tiffin Ellerian of the Ellerian noble family of Stormwind, a small house that only had a small chunk of land in Westfall. Her marriage to Varian was pre-arranged at her birth, finally securing her family a spot on the Stormwind House of Nobles."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]