The Real Reason for the pvp power/resil nerf

90 Night Elf Druid
The double nerf to pvp power, and the nerf to resilience wasn't an attempt by Blizzard to make PVP gear better than PVE gear.

The real reason for the nerfs were to make PVE gear as good as, and some even slightly better than, PVP gear even when gemmed for raiding. That is, Blizzard rightly assumed every PVE'er would QQ over the fact that they would have to swap out their PVE gems in order to hang with the PVP folks.

As a PVP'er, this nerf - although Blizzard maintains that it was to help PVP'ers - is beyond retarded.

Obviously it's a welcome "nerf" for PVE folks since their "PVE raiding gems" will also be BiS gems for PVP.

Now QQ away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
sup
thank you oh great enlightened one
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The real reason for the nerfs were to make PVE gear as good as, and some even slightly better than, PVP gear even when gemmed for raiding.

/tinfoil hat
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Aren't they only nerfing pvpower from gems? If that's the case, we still have a ton on our gear...and the set bonuses that were resil, will now be pvpower. Pvp gear will STILL be better in bgs/rbgs/arena...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It couldn't possibly be because since everyone will get 65% res baseline, that some classes might hard stack pvp power instead; therefore causing far too much dmg and not solving any of the burst issues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
your wording is beyond bad... I feel like I'm reading some high school freshman's complaint letter
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I love it. I only pvp and the upcoming changes are logical. They make complete sense with everything blizzard has been trying todo since late wrath.

I honestly love the idea of being able to take my blue geared alts into arena and not get one shot for lack of resil. Getting hit for 150k+ is clearly a skill issue... right? The resil changes are not a nerf to pvp in any way beyond the changes to gemming. If.. IF you were fully geared in pvp gear, you had essentially the same amount of resil, outside of gems and enchants and the next fully geared pvp player... so since both players now have the same amount of resil... whats the point of it? At that point its just another number. Blizzard stated many times that they didn't want there to be multiple stats for pvp. So this is there way of heading in that direction. Why have 2 pvp only stats that work around the same set of numbers?

The changes are good. They were needed. Stop the QQ. There are plenty of things to complain about, this is not one of them. The average player will have to make 0 changes. You can log on when 5.3 hits, maybe swap a few gems, and be done.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I knew before i even clicked on this it was some consperacy theory about how they want pve gear better or some crap.

HEY READ THE PATCH NOTES - PVE GEAR WILL GET SCALED DOWN TOT THE SAME ILVL.

Know what that means? PvP gear will be better because they'll both have the same base stats (stam/int/crit etc) but pvp gear will have resil and pvp power on it.

So, moral of the story:

Shut up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
your wording is beyond bad... I feel like I'm reading some high school freshman's complaint letter
There's a good chance that you are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

^ Pot meet kettle. Idiot.

I knew before i even clicked on this it was some consperacy theory about how they want pve gear better or some crap.

Know what that means? PvP gear will be better because they'll both have the same base stats (stam/int/crit etc) but pvp gear will have resil and pvp power on it.

So, moral of the story:

Shut up.

^ Too dumb to even realize it.

The double nerf to pvp power, and the nerf to resilience wasn't an attempt by Blizzard to make PVP gear better than PVE gear.

The real reason for the nerfs were to make PVE gear as good as, and some even slightly better than, PVP gear even when gemmed for raiding. That is, Blizzard rightly assumed every PVE'er would QQ over the fact that they would have to swap out their PVE gems in order to hang with the PVP folks.

As a PVP'er, this nerf - although Blizzard maintains that it was to help PVP'ers - is beyond retarded.

Obviously it's a welcome "nerf" for PVE folks since their "PVE raiding gems" will also be BiS gems for PVP.

Now QQ away.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Did you really just copy paste your own post as a reply

I don't think pve gear will be better aside from possibly some of the 4 set bonuses like rets one ending up being silly

Also i'm really not looking forward to being absolutely stomped in world pvp by raiders
Edited by Chiffley on 5/14/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

So, moral of the story:

Shut up.

So pve gear being competitive in Wpvp makes all the sense in the world...your right

moral of the story:

Shut up.
didn't realize wpvp is integral to the pvp experience
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I am waiting for the OP to figure out that PvE gear has more sockets than pvp gear, and the implications that has with PvP stat gems getting nerfed.

PvP items have bonus PvP stats at no cost to primary/secondary stats

PvE items do not have bonus PvP stats, can no longer gem in equivalalent or better pvp stats with their extra gem slots.

Who wins?
Edited by Smeetologist on 5/14/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
lol wpvp.

Sorry man, you're not going to see heroic geared raiders, or even normal geared raiders, running around wpvping.

If you do, well tough junk, wpvp is who can counter you, who can zerg you, and who can out cheese you.

If you really think it's going to be an issue maybe you should start gearing in lfr.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Belle reminds me of the SNL character "the girl that you met at a party & wish you didn't talk to".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Hey! I know you! You're the crazy solar beam lady!
Edited by Messorem on 5/14/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am waiting for the OP to figure out that PvE gear has more sockets than pvp gear, and the implications that has with PvP stat gems getting nerfed.

PvP items have bonus PvP stats at no cost to primary/secondary stats

PvE items do not have bonus PvP stats, can no longer gem in equivalalent or better pvp stats with their extra gem slots.

Who wins?

Wow... you really don't understand anything at all, do you?

In 5.3, everyone going for more burst/damage, EVEN PVP folks, will be gemming pure stat PVE gems, as they are way better than pvp power gems in 5.3. If they hadn't nerfed pvp power two-fold and resil, at the very least PVE'ers would have had to swap out gems if they wanted to min-max in both PVE and PVP. That can be an expensive hobby, one which most PVE'ers wouldn't even bother with, hence using "non-BiS" PVE gems in PVP gear.

With this retarded change, PVE'ers get the best of both worlds as now they don't have to waste gold using PVP gems, since PVE gems will be BiS, at least when it comes to burst/damage.

Pretty hilarious how you think that nerfing pvp power/resil gems will somehow lessen the effect of PVE gear's extra sockets. They will always have more sockets, and will be able to use the "BiS gems" whether they are pvp power/resil, or pure stat gems. So there was really no point in nerfing the pvp power (two-fold nerf) and resil gems. It just means everyone and their dog will be gemming PVE gems for PVP.
Edited by Bellë on 5/14/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]