Hunter or druid?

27 Worgen Hunter
IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY:
---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60

•What have you played before?
I have played a druid and warlock

•How far did you level it?
They are both 90

•Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!
I really enjoyed the healing on the druid, I liked the HoT's. And on warlock, I enjoyed the DoT's on the warlock. I loved seeing lots of numbers flying around on my screen.

•With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?
Alone
•Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?
Probably pvp
•Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?
At level cap, I will be focusing mainly on pvp

•Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?
I won't be multiboxing, just me

•Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).
No preference on the racials, I will be alliance though

•Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
I will be focusing mainly damaging. I do enjoy healing, but dps will be my MS. I don't differ from melee or ranged either.

•Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)
As stated before, I do enjoy DoTs and Hot's and I actually do enjoy having stealth/some kind of invisibility

•Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?
for me...damage>healing>>>>>>>>tanking...I hate tanking haha

•Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?
I like having pets I can control

•Throw in any extra details here:
As I said, I will be focusing on PvP content. I enjoy seeing lots of big numbers, numbers flying around my screen. I'm also competitive. I want to have the potential to top damage meters or healing if I were to heal...I don't mind being pure dps either. I want to be able to long onto this class everyday and have a good time. I don't want to have to depend on cooldowns to be able to kill someone or keep someone up. I want it to take very much skill to play and master. this sound like any class?
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Not exactly sure what your asking here...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Not exactly sure what your asking here...

The OP is asking for a class recommendation based on their responses to the listed questions (originally found in the "can't choose a race/class questionnaire" sticky thread near the top of this forum. Also, when you take into account the title, they seem to be torn between hunter and druid. So:

Based on their stated preferences, which class would suit them better: hunter or druid.

The OP already has one druid, but their stated preferences scream "druid" to me. If they want something they haven't tried before, then hunter OR try leveling a druid of a different spec.
Reply Quote
55 Human Warlock
I played a hunter to about 80 or so, I think know most of the mechanics. I was Beastmaster and mostly spamed Arcane Shot. In dungeons, I was using Multi-Shot and Explosive Trap for AOE. I've also played Warlock, and found the AOE of the Warlock to be more fun. I like the hunter because just about everything can be done while moving. There are some cooldowns to manage, which somewhat annoyed me. I was using Fervor talent (which gives focus), I think it has a 30 second cooldown. There is a passive talent, Thrill of the Hunt, which gives focus but has no associated cooldown. There are some "bursty" type things like Flock of Crows, and stampede. I used FLock of Crows (or whatever it's called), I did not like the visual. It did not have the visual "bam!" of a Warlock's Chaos bolt.

I would only recommend hunter if you want to try something that can move around all the time. SOme people like Surivival because of Black Arrow (a DOT, I think).
Reply Quote
As much as you already have a level 90 Druid, you've essentially described a Feral Druid.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you level a hunter to about 25 or so. It will take a few hours of game play. I love my Druid, but I find the Hunter to be just plain all around fun!

<S>
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Death Knight
If u like hybrids go Druid if ur fine with just being a dps go hunter
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Oh crap this guy again. He start this kind of threads from time to time. It is getting annoying. The time you expended creating so many threads you could have all classes to 90 already. Do you have a compulsive/obsessive disease or are you just a bot that post the same thing on the forum over and over again to keep it alive?

If you don't believe me look this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3790779770
It is from 2011 lol and he still can't decide wtf is this? I am dreaming or what?

And he has other toons that does the same, i just can't believe it. Sometimes is on this forum, sometimes on the druid forums, sometimes on other classes forums. I know that it is him because of the writing style, i read this crap so many times on the forums that i can recognize him right away. He is the weirdest person on WoW forums imo.

Looks this other post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8517952814#5
He starts saying "I am fairly new to the game." More than one year later.
Edited by Shamantra on 5/20/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]