Incarnation

90 Troll Druid
Dear Blizzard,
please make Incarnation a stance with it's own action bar so I can free up some keybind space :3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This literally makes no sense at all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Incarnation does not need a new action bar. The only spec that adds a new ability/keybind would be feral and that can be fixed by macroing shred and ravage together:

#showtooltip
/cast ravage!
/cast shred

Will cast ravage if possible (Pvp bonus/incarnation) and shred otherwise.
Reply Quote
Incarnation does not need a new action bar. The only spec that adds a new ability/keybind would be feral and that can be fixed by macroing shred and ravage together:

#showtooltip
/cast ravage!
/cast shred

Will cast ravage if possible (Pvp bonus/incarnation) and shred otherwise.

I use something similar.

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] Ravage
/cast [nostealth] Ravage!
/cast [nostealth] Shred
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This literally makes no sense at all.

Actually, yes it does. Incarnation uses [form:7] (I think it varies with having Moonkin Form/ Tree of Life as a Balance or Restoration Druid respectively and/ or Glyph of Treant) but it should be the seventh stance as Feral. Don't be so close minded to the specialization you play as and understand why some classes require different mechanics or at least ask questions.

The only spec that adds a new ability/keybind would be feral.

She is Feral. Incarnation acts like shadow dance. Give Feral a stealth bar like you said it needs and let Incarnation swap to the stealth bar as Feral.

EDIT: @OP Knowing that Incarnation IS considered a stance in the game, you can use addons like Bartender and create a bar with a stance 7 conditional that will change the abilities but preserve the keybinds you use while unstealthed in Cat Form.
Edited by Karajah on 5/16/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When I started using incarnation it provided me a keybinding nightmare as well.

I have a macro that uses pounce in stealth and prowl out of stealth. That got screwed up with incarnation.

I have a macro that ravages in stealth and shreds out of stealth. Thats screwed up now, and the macro suggested uses my free ravage proc which I don't like.

I had to bind incarnation as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dont need a stance ... just a macro
#showtooltip Shred
/cast [stealth] Ravage
/cast [stance:1] Lacerate
/cast Ravage!
/cast Shred!
/cast Shred
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/16/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Firelèáf

Which is the problem. I love macros! Some of them can do really cool stuff! But why should a class NEED them just to get in in their keybinds?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/16/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Karajah

Which is the problem. I love macros! Some of them can do really cool stuff! But why should a class NEED them just to get in in their keybinds?
...can't really tell if you're serious here...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

There used to be a stealth bar.
Blizzard removed it.
Blizzard gave Feral's a CD that allows them to use their stealth abilities for 45 seconds.
OP thought there was justification for a separate stance bar during Incarnation to save binding space.
"Here's an idea! Bring back stealth bar and allow Incarnation: King of the Jungle to swap to it"
All a very logical and linear progression of thought in this thread. But you can't tell if I'm serious?

EDIT: Oh, that's right! You're not a Feral. I must have been been wrong to assume that you could comprehend the idea that different specializations within your class might require different mechanics than you. I should have learned that after the first Restro/Boomy lacked this same comprehension.
Edited by Karajah on 5/16/2013 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

There used to be a stealth bar.
Blizzard removed it.
Blizzard gave Feral's a CD that allows them to use their stealth abilities for 45 seconds.
OP thought there was justification for a separate stance bar during Incarnation to save binding space.
"Here's an idea! Bring back stealth bar and allow Incarnation: King of the Jungle to swap to it"
All a very logical and linear progression of thought in this thread. But you can't tell if I'm serious?

EDIT: Oh, that's right! You're not a Feral. I must have been been wrong to assume that you could comprehend the idea that different specializations within your class might require different mechanics than you. I should have learned that after the first Restro/Boomy lacked this same comprehension.
Just saying...the whole point of blizzard making macros is to save keybinding space. That's exactly why they are in the game. So what you said is kinda silly.

And a stealth bar is good for rogues because they have a lot that changes. When you use Inc its basically just use ravage instead of shred. So why exactly do you need a whole new bar for one ability that changes? Seems like a waste of an action bar to me. Remember that you have 10 action bars, but our stances eat up most of them so adding another stance is removing another action bar.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
They got rid of the kitty stealth bar?

When?

God it's been too long since I've played my Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

When?

The druid stealth bar was mostly pointless. There's only two abilities that require stealth and it is easy to have those spells appear on the action bar while prowling using the [stealth] conditional.
Edited by Mitimem on 5/17/2013 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/16/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Karajah

I don't think we need another action bar, but it would be really nice if macros could detect the Incarnation buff (e.g. with stance:7 or whatever). We do have a keybinding problem.

Just for the record, if you're playing feral and don't have macros, you're truly missing out. There are certain things that can ONLY be accomplished with macros that are absolutely essential to the feral playstyle, e.g. powershifting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

When?

They did ? I've been using bartender for so long that I never noticed lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Every class requires macros to be played to the fullest. Whether in PvP or PvE
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think I remember in MoP beta they actually put Incarnation on the stance bar and when activated it added a stealth bar.

For classes other than ferals though, it wasn't needed so they probably did away with it for that reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]